Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook


Bastardo!
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Nagy.

 

The Giants are awful against tight ends and he throws 3 passes Total to all his tight ends combined! WTF?? I am so glad the Bears lost. 

 

Staying the hell away from this team next year. 

 

Cant wait to watch an opponent draft T Cohen as their RBand then have Nagy ditch him and use a left tackle and a hot dog vender instead. 

 

I hope his hair grows back on his a$$

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I hate Nagy.

 

The Giants are awful against tight ends and he throws 3 passes Total to all his tight ends combined! WTF?? I am so glad the Bears lost. 

 

Staying the hell away from this team next year. 

 

Cant wait to watch an opponent draft T Cohen as their RBand then have Nagy ditch him and use a left tackle and a hot dog vender instead. 

 

I hope his hair grows back on his a$$

Chase Daniels looked awful today. Nagy is a below average coach, sure, but you can't blame this on him. Daniels was underthrowing his targets all day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Chase Daniels looked awful today. Nagy is a below average coach, sure, but you can't blame this on him. Daniels was underthrowing his targets all day. 

Chase looked awful. Dude should have had five interceptions today... One target to Burton?! Geez. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Chase Daniels looked awful today. Nagy is a below average coach, sure, but you can't blame this on him. Daniels was underthrowing his targets all day. 

 

Sure, and you would think they would 1) at least target the Giants pass D’s weakest point and 2) lean more on the run game. 

 

They did run more than usual in the first half but from what I saw on RedZone and stat tracker, they abandoned the run in the second. Why would you do that if your QB sucks and, at that point, you aren’t down big? If you do abandon the run, then why not throw high percentage throws to you tight ends where the Giants have the most trouble? 

 

I think Nagy has done a decent job this year but he gets too cute too often and certainly outsmarted himself today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, akooreman180 said:

As much as Burton has disappointed I think we need to just keep rolling him out there. He’s not going to get 0 every game and I doubt there’s anyone better on waivers. 

This may be the worst year I can remember for tight ends. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, akooreman180 said:

As much as Burton has disappointed I think we need to just keep rolling him out there. He’s not going to get 0 every game and I doubt there’s anyone better on waivers. 

Last four weeks, 0, .8, .9, 6

 

You can easily find that on the waivers.  I might just throw a dart at someone just to stop having Burton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

This may be the worst year I can remember for tight ends. 

 

Yeah, it's a massive graveyard. 

 

Kelce and Ertz have to be up there with Mahomes as far as the percentage of their teams who made the playoffs. It's such a crazy advantage to basically have WR1's in a spot where others are praying that the 30-40 yards a week they get will include a trip to the end zone.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, akooreman180 said:

As much as Burton has disappointed I think we need to just keep rolling him out there. He’s not going to get 0 every game and I doubt there’s anyone better on waivers. 

Actually he's proven he's capable of zero's that to me says enough... you know who never gets shut out? Travis kelce...

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Actually he's proven he's capable of zero's that to me says enough... you know who never gets shut out? Travis kelce...

True lol, but if you had Kelce I doubt you’d be on this forum. My point was this was his first time scoring zero all season, and he’s still a low end TE1 in PPR if you look at yearly scoring after this week. I doubt you can find someone who’s less likely to put up zero on waivers is all I’m saying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's still top 10 on the season, but so what? It doesn't matter what he did in the first half of the season. In a 'what have you done for me lately' game, Burton just produced one of the worst 3 game stretches possible for a starting TE who plays every single snap. 0.9 then 0.8 followed by a big fat 0.

 

Btw he looked really bad recently. Very sluggish in his routes, looks like he just went jogging into the park. This certainly wasn't the case earlier in the season when he fought to get open and had fire to his game. Maybe he plays through some unknown injury. I started him until two weeks ago, rostered him until today, but now he's gone for Vernon Davis. There is no way I'd start Burton in the playoffs even in the greatest TE matchup possible. Not after 3 weeks of duds, and low TE2 production since his week 7 explosion.

 

Enjoy the ride! I'm out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...