NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

Bastardo!
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought into the hype this offseason and drafted Burton over Kittle in my rookie/ FA draft.  Been regretting it ever since, but was able to trade Burton in a package two weeks ago for Ertz.  Glad to be off that train as he has been a headache to own. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 10:40 AM, Sack Exchange said:

i dropped him, hoping my opponent will pick him up and play him.

giphy.gif

Perfect GIF.  Dropped him a couple of weeks ago to go with Rudolph.   Dropped Rudolph this week to go with Burton.

If I don't pay up for one of the elites next season, I'm just going to wait until the end.

2 hours ago, Ace_King said:

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when I hear "reports" from him in the future...

To be fair, that projection was by Brad Briggs. This guy (Josh Levinson) projected;

Our models project him for 51.9 catches (77.4 targets), 599.3 yards, and 4.94 touchdowns during his first season with the Bears.

Which is not a bad call, given that he has now 49/536/6.

Ok, and Brad actually said:

Trey Burton. 600 yards. You taking the over or under? — @gustov3030

I’d go over. If Burton remains healthy, he’s a lock to put up more yards than that. He certainly could challenge Martellus Bennett’s franchise record for receiving yards in a season by a tight end at 916 (2014).

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-mailbag-leonard-floyd-kevin-white-biggs-20180821-story.html

Archived