NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Hader 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

You guys think he is the new closer? Either way he is a super reliever that gives you numbers from a great pitching start. 

Looks like they are going to him for 2 inning saves. 2 in a row now.

• Like 1

He is just a thing of beauty right now. Didn't think I'd ever say this but I don't want to see him become a starter. He is the perfect reliever right now. I'm probably wrong here but I have a feeling he might usurp Knebel for the closer spot. 

• Like 1

If he throws close to 100 innings with absolutely unconscious numbers in relief is it even worth taking the chance to have him try to start?  Personally, I would like to see him try but the participation trophy era managers don’t push their starters anymore so this might actually be the best thing for him. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

The force is strong with you! A powerful multi-inning reliever you will become.... Henceforth you will be known as Darth.... Hader....

It would be pretty awesome if they played the Imperial March , every time he pitched... 

at least we can all play it while we watch him pitch 

• Like 4

Is he the current closer for MIL or they doing the committee thing ?

I had Knebel before he got hurt and wasn't sure what MILs closing situation is now. Since then I added Raisel who's getting zero chances, and just now noticed Haders crazy stats. Debating picking him up.

4 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Is he the current closer for MIL or they doing the committee thing ?

I had Knebel before he got hurt and wasn't sure what MILs closing situation is now. Since then I added Raisel who's getting zero chances, and just now noticed Haders crazy stats. Debating picking him up.

Hader should be owned in all leagues

• Like 1

Even if Hader is not closing he is super effective. He basically gives you the equivalent of a one start week with awesome strike outs, era, and whip. Minus quality starts but a chance at getting a win. 

He is not the closer. Milwaukee does not have a designated closer and likely will not have one until Knebel returns. If their bullpen is still rolling at that time, they may stick with the approach that is winning games now even with Knebel in the mix.

You should still pick up Hader. He will get an occasional save but you should own him for his strikeouts and ratios regardless.

• Like 1

What can you say about this kid.  8 outs to close out the game, all 8 via the strikeout.  Has that ever been done?

And he barely got the pitch count up.  What a monster.  Don't own him anywhere but there's nothing "middle" about his relief work.