NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyrone Wallace 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Rivers, Milos and Bevs are all down leaving the PG duties to Juwan Evans and Lou Williams. Doc recently said he wanted Lou to play less PG and went out of his way to cut a decent player (Wilson) in order to sign Wallace. Wallace averaged about 23-6-5 in the D-League with multiple double digit assist games. He just put up 13-3-2 with 3 steals on 4/12 shooting (4/4 FT) against GSW in his first game playing 31 (!) minutes. He could be a decent source of points, steals, and decent all around numbers due to his size 6-5 and 6-10 wingspan. Flaws are that he's not a very good shooter but still provides offense through his driving/close range shots. Deeper leagues should take watch to see how he performs

From Article on Clipsnation 

Tyrone’s Debut: Tyrone Wallace, in his first-ever NBA game, came to play. The rookie guard, who was called up from the NBA G-League this morning, had 13 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 steals in 31 minutes of playing time. In the first half, he was somewhat timid, but encouragement from Doc Rivers led to a much more aggressive second-half showing. Wallace said post-game that “he just told me to be aggressive, he said he thought I was passive. I think he knows how I play and I play aggressive, so he just told me to go out there and play my game, and that’s what I tried to go from that point on.” As the game went on, he clearly got more comfortable. Doc also mentioned that Wallace knows some of the Clippers’ offense after being with the team in training camp, but doesn’t know any of the new stuff that they’ve added during the season. He said the coaching staff will work to simplify the offense going forward to make it easier for Tyrone to integrate with the lineup.

Edited by two0six
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rivers, Milos and Bevs are all down leaving the PG duties to Juwan Evans and Lou Williams. Doc recently said he wanted Lou to play less PG and went out of his way to cut a decent player (Wilson) in or

Threads like this popping up with quality article, video, and analysis after his NBA debut are a perfect advertisement for why Rotoworld forums are invaluable. Nice work fellas, he's on my 12-team rad

Probably because of Ben and Rasheed Wallace and a little bit of Gerald "Crash" Wallace.

25 minutes ago, kane said:

Thank you for posting!  Obviously, it is the highlights but he looks really aggressive.  Box scores provide numbers but not the whole story.  Was this his first game ever at the NBA level?

53 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Thank you for posting!  Obviously, it is the highlights but he looks really aggressive.  Box scores provide numbers but not the whole story.  Was this his first game ever at the NBA level?

Yes its his first game 

So, is this guy playing just SG or did he play backup PG? Picked him up in my 16 team league, but contemplating picking him up in my 12 and 10 team league.  Not sure if Milos coming back will effect his playing time.

Threads like this popping up with quality article, video, and analysis after his NBA debut are a perfect advertisement for why Rotoworld forums are invaluable. Nice work fellas, he's on my 12-team radar now.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Tyrone Wallace sounds like a 6’10 250 pound banger inside not a guard. 

Probably because of Ben and Rasheed Wallace and a little bit of Gerald "Crash" Wallace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

32 minutes ago, aemgraze said:

Don't forget Marsellus, that dude was pretty tough too.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Asian Sensation said:

Probably thinking of the boss movie, "Snatch", where Tyrone is a like a 350 lb black guy that is in some great scenes. 

21 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

on the radar or run, dont walk category? im itching to pull the trigger

if u got an itch... gotta scratch it ;) go pull that trigger!

I picked him up as my last bench piece on a 14 teamer. 

Still have no idea if this is somewhat legit or just a mirage.

Edited by DavidbivaD
  • Like 1

I’d say definitely worth a look if you have a streaming spot on your roster. Solid numbers on the road against a Warriors team without Klay and Steph. They play Sac tomorrow so it’ll be interesting to see how he handles the back to back.

Can we get some fookin hype around this guy? It's not like he is a stiff like Jarrett Allen, Jordan Bell, Jahlih Okafor or someone like the sorts.

Edited by JormaJormala