NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017-2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Message added by TheOneAboveAll

Good day Rotoworld members! I hope everyone is enjoying the trade deadline. Just a reminder that be very careful with posting links and/or information in our threads. There tends to be a few troll accounts that pop up around this time of the season i.e. fake Woj accounts posting false information. Thank you!

40 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

The Los Angeles Clippers proposed a blockbuster deal to the Minnesota Timberwolves involving forward Blake Griffin and center Karl-Anthony Towns, league sources told @BBallInsiders.

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I call BS. The trade makes no sense.

T'Wolves would be dumb for making that deal. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NBA_OG said:

The Los Angeles Clippers proposed a blockbuster deal to the Minnesota Timberwolves involving forward Blake Griffin and center Karl-Anthony Towns, league sources told @BBallInsiders.

Wolves front office like:

tenor.gif?itemid=4790020

Cavs bringing up Zivac from D league makes me suspect my long term prediction  mrotic for Tristan and the nets first round pick will happen. A big 4 of LBJ, Love, IT, Mrotic would make the Cavs a tough out in the playoffs for anybody. Maybe LBJ would even stick around next year.  If he leaves they have a pile of money to offer any free agent they choose even DMC.

6 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

Cavs bringing up Zivac from D league makes me suspect my long term prediction  mrotic for Tristan and the nets first round pick will happen. A big 4 of LBJ, Love, IT, Mrotic would make the Cavs a tough out in the playoffs for anybody. Maybe LBJ would even stick around next year.  If he leaves they have a pile of money to offer any free agent they choose even DMC.

As a Bulls fan I would love this, despite eating TT contract. But there's no way Cleveland trades that pick without a commitment from Lebron

7 hours ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Do you think Mirotic will leave Chicago by Monday??

It is a good possibility.  The Bulls want to get him out sooner than later just in case he gets hurt. Not sure if he goes to the Jazz as we they would not want Favors. A 3rd would have to be involved. I can see Detroit as a good possibility especially if they throw in a pick, but Kennard has been popping up in the trade talk. I can see them doing a swap or something like that.

22 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

Cavs bringing up Zivac from D league makes me suspect my long term prediction  mrotic for Tristan and the nets first round pick will happen. A big 4 of LBJ, Love, IT, Mrotic would make the Cavs a tough out in the playoffs for anybody.

Suspect defense. With all the scrutiny about the Cavs' defense I don't think now is the time to add fire power without rim protection or a lock-down combo guard defender. Not saying Tristan Thompson is the gateway keeper, though.

45 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

As a Bulls fan I would love this, despite eating TT contract. But there's no way Cleveland trades that pick without a commitment from Lebron

I agree.  The Bulls would do this in a heartbeat.  But you are right, LeBron leaving would leave them with nothing.

On 1/12/2018 at 9:17 PM, NBA_OG said:

LOL I needed a laugh

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎14 at 12:38 PM, mcflywalker said:

Where are you guys doing player notifications? I’ve got sharks in my league and need the quickest.

If you have Twitter, setup notifications for Adrian Wojnarowski and Shams Charania on your phone.  Those 2 guys seem to always have the breaking news first.

Just now, gill2k said:

If you have Twitter, setup notifications for Adrian Wojnarowski and Shams Charania on your phone.  Those 2 guys seem to always have the breaking news first.

I appreciate the info on this. I know woj is the news breaker, but I’ll definitely add Shams.

Should be a very quiet trade deadline. Every teams are trying to dump players and collect draft picks. Even young players like Payton, Fournier are on the block if the team think they aren't competitive to GSW, they choose a complete rebuild. This makes trades very unlikely.

Edited by littlesamtung
2 hours ago, Wise guy91 said:

What are the chances of randle and nance getting traded, and Walton getting the sack? 

Geez I’m getting desperate holding brolo 

Brolo probably won't be picking up any value either way. But I'm desperate for them to trade Randle. That would add a ton of value to both him and Kuzma