NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017-2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Message added by TheOneAboveAll

Good day Rotoworld members! I hope everyone is enjoying the trade deadline. Just a reminder that be very careful with posting links and/or information in our threads. There tends to be a few troll accounts that pop up around this time of the season i.e. fake Woj accounts posting false information. Thank you!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Boogie Buckets said:

So LeBron was disrespectful when he came back to the Cavs and delivered the city its first NBA title ever? 

Do you think Lebron comes back if they didn't "get lucky" with those first picks? Cavs don't owe Lebron anything for ruining them for the next decade and he doesn't owe anything to them for bringing them a championship. It's that simple.

Just now, Gohawks said:

Do you think Lebron comes back if they didn't "get lucky" with those first picks? Cavs don't owe Lebron anything for ruining them for the next decade and he doesn't owe anything to them for bringing them a championship. It's that simple.

okay sure nobody "owes" anybody anything but Cleveland had a LEGIT SHOT at winning the title this year. now they just tanked their whole season. why even trade that pick then????? why not trade away your good players and tank the rest of the season so that pick falls in 18-20 range?? then you have two solid 1st rounders for their rebuild process since thats CLEARLY what they are doing

4 minutes ago, Buzzerbets said:

f***in' Memphis still didn't trade Evans. f---. 

Unfortunately, they will (being a Tyreke owner I really hope they don't).

They are holding out until the end to see if they get a first rounder, and if they don't, they will just take the best offer. 

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

Three impactful details on trade for Lakers: They'll have space for two max contract slots in 2018 or 2019, replenish first-round pick in 2018 Draft and gets Lakers some shooting for rest of season with Thomas and Frye.

This is has Paul George and Lebron written all over it

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

why can the brooklyn pick not be traded? seems like fake news

After the Nets nuked their team for half a decade, the NBA made it so you can't trade picks for back to back years.  They would need to trade it for a pick during that same year.  

Just now, Kriggly said:

After the Nets nuked their team for half a decade, the NBA made it so you can't trade picks for back to back years.  They would need to trade it for a pick during that same year.  

2nd round pick as a throw in to complete a deal no?

You have to be out of your mind if you think LeBron didn't have the slightest enjoyment seeing this trade. Dude is jumping ship next season. LAL here comes the king.

Trade wise, I assume this means Lakers are holding on to Brolo. That expiring contract will help heaps.

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

They won't. They already said they are focused on next years free agency. They don't have their pick so might as well focus on trying to win some games this year plus they get a pick. It seems like this trade may be a win/win.

i really hope thats the case cause i like how lakers picked last two years...hope their dreams dont get crushed when they dont sign any big name during this or next years summer...and end up signing isaiah and other retards...