NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017-2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Brandayz

Message added by TheOneAboveAll

Good day Rotoworld members! I hope everyone is enjoying the trade deadline. Just a reminder that be very careful with posting links and/or information in our threads. There tends to be a few troll accounts that pop up around this time of the season i.e. fake Woj accounts posting false information. Thank you!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The former King will no longer be getting as much scheduled rest in Cleveland, and he should basically slide into Dwyane Wade's minutes. 

Hill isn't the strongest add here, but he actually gains value. Again, Cleveland is not done.

Who te f write this,obviously hood will be 6th man and Hill is starting point and solid pickup

Edited by Kicker

5 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

Don't be a dick when you're wrong.  They can swap same round/same year picks.  

Guys, I know a good fight on the internet gets the blood flowing, but let's work together to find the truth. The RW trade deadline blog says this:

"the Cavs will now be barred from trading the Brooklyn pick until after the draft, so we can let that conversation die."

So it that guy wrong or what?

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Yes there is. On paper their roster has not improved. Their team was just unable to play together for whatever reason. Now you get a bunch of decent role players coming over from a bunch of teams and expect a huge change? Look at their roster and tell me they are beating the Warriors/Houston/Thunder. They aren't. Hell, they aren't beating the Celtics. Who actually have a very good coach.

And the roster was beating any of those teams before? IT has a name value, but he was complete sh*t on that roster. Crowder forced them to be mismatched because Lebron wouldn't play the 4. The roster was completely broken and now it is fixed. You know how you go to the Finals....you start Lebron and put 3 shooters around him. This is actually very simple. Hill is a better fit than IT. Clarkson is at least equal to Wade. Nance is a huge add while Love is out. Hood>Smith. And all these moves should make Lebron better. Honestly, don't look at names and look at fit. There is only one ball. I would rather Lebron have the ball than anyone else. 

1 minute ago, Kicker said:

Hill isn't the strongest add here, but he actually gains value. Again, Cleveland is not done.

Who te f write this,obviously hood will be 6th man and Hill is starting point and solid pickup

In one blurb they said Josh Hart was a must add and then two blurbs later said that Isaiah Thomas going to the Lakers was going to destroy his value. Take the blue font with a grain of salt and make your own informed decisions. Their analysis has been terrible for a longggg time.

Just now, mcflywalker said:

Personally think Hill is the winner. If Cavs don’t bring in another pg—hectic stuff from CLE so it’s hard to tell—then Hill should get burn. Plus, the kings have kept him nice and rested haha

Also Nance. No more crowder, love (2weeks before actual end of season return) and Frye. 

8 minutes ago, Kicker said:

The former King will no longer be getting as much scheduled rest in Cleveland, and he should basically slide into Dwyane Wade's minutes. 

Wait, is that what we're thinking?  I'm expecting Hood to start at the 2 and Clarkson to come off the bench...

Hill will not win you leagues, but the fact that he won't sit random nights does increase his value.  Their back court is crowded now, but Hood can play the 3 and have LBJ slide to the 4, so there are some minutes at the 1 and 2 for Hill.  I expect him for his defense alone to get him 25-28 minutes a night and if so, he should be able to return top 100-120 value ROS.

1 minute ago, lbjames6 said:

In one blurb they said Josh Hart was a must add and then two blurbs later said that Isaiah Thomas going to the Lakers was going to destroy his value. Take the blue font with a grain of salt and make your own informed decisions. Their analysis has been terrible for a longggg time.

I know right,.im big fan of George Hill (apart from those sore thumb issues) and i really like this deal for his value

1 minute ago, XOrad10 said:

Also Nance. No more crowder, love (2weeks before actual end of season return) and Frye. 

Hey man, I just want to say thanks for all you do here. Truly appreciate you posting all of the Twitter updates. You are our (RW Forums) version of Woj!