NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017-2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Message added by TheOneAboveAll

Good day Rotoworld members! I hope everyone is enjoying the trade deadline. Just a reminder that be very careful with posting links and/or information in our threads. There tends to be a few troll accounts that pop up around this time of the season i.e. fake Woj accounts posting false information. Thank you!

5 hours ago, XOrad10 said:

Sacramento has to clear a roster spot to take on one or two additional players in a deal with Cleveland, and has been discussing deals for young forwards Malachi Richardson and Skal Labissiere to clear roster spots, league sources said.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22191078

Really tho? Lol wtf...for Shump and Frye?! 

No way this happen...def trade bluff/posturing here lol.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/01/2018 at 5:38 AM, mcflywalker said:

Where are you guys doing player notifications? I’ve got sharks in my league and need the quickest.

I use the score (it’s pretty quick) an otherwise keep an eye on Twitter 

On 1/17/2018 at 2:38 PM, dfstout said:

Fair enough ...see what happens when you explain rationally... Kinda the purpose of the thread...have a bball discussion..good stuff

What if Magic trade Vooch to Cavs or Bucks... get picks

Then moved simmons to the bench

Gordon to the 3 to conserve him physically 

Then Khem n Biyombo at the 4 and 5

More 22 26 9 type ofstat lines!

Why would the Magic move Gordon to the 3? They tried that last year when they had Ibaka and it didn't work...

12 hours ago, awesomeace said:

Why would the Magic move Gordon to the 3? They tried that last year when they had Ibaka and it didn't work...

Idk he gets banged up playing the 4 and he isn't doing all that well as of lately at the 4...maybe he can play the 3.5

7 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

I appreciate the suggestion! Did you add every team as your favorite (to get all notifications) or did you just add NBA as a whole?

I follow specific players that I own or want to keep on eye on - and also follow “NBA Basketball” which picks up anything significant.

10 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Idk he gets banged up playing the 4 and he isn't doing all that well as of lately at the 4...maybe he can play the 3.5

This an ignorant real life statement. He's their best 4. If it's not translating into top 30 fantasy results don't blame the real life game.  He's struggling with his shot right now, let's not extrapolate that into a blanket statement about how he's doing at the 4. 

23 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

This an ignorant real life statement. He's their best 4. If it's not translating into top 30 fantasy results don't blame the real life game.  He's struggling with his shot right now, let's not extrapolate that into a blanket statement about how he's doing at the 4. 

U are the president of the Aaron Gordon fan club...thank you for your words

11 minutes ago, dfstout said:

U are the president of the Aaron Gordon fan club...thank you for your words

Aaron Gordon isn't a 3. He's having problems scoring right now because the Magic plays 2 non-shooters with Biyombo and Payton. If you add Kem Birch to the lineup then you are playing with 3 guys who can't shoot outside of 5 feet. Just because you put a guy who can't score in the game doesn't mean the other 4 players' stats will go up. 

On 1/23/2018 at 9:03 PM, jjbooda said:

Are the Cavs open to trading love?  

I think the cavs are open to anything. When you have Love on the ground extending a hand and basically gets stepped over by Crowder to inbound the ball with no help up you know your team isn't all about you. That was really telling. Everyone should be available on this Cavs team right now, but a lot of the contracts are just brutal. 

51 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

That trade would actually solve a lot of issues. I hope to see it happen. 

I am curious, what would this trade solve? FAVORS???? HOOD???? REALLY?????They would desapear in Cavs rotation within 2 weeks and maybe even fall out of it in a month. As bad as love has been this last games, he is not the problem. If there is someone to blame that is IT. But you cant really blame him because its not his fault he is coming from an injury that had him sidelined for a long period (thats why he doesnt drive to the basket, yet) and you cant really blame him for being vertically challenged. Defense was never his strong suit and Cavs knew that when they got him. When he was in Boston he was a defensive miss match for any player he was guarding but he was making it up in the offensive end with his amazing scoring skillset. Unfortunately, in Cleveland he is just a defensive unreliability and opposing teams are searching for him and try to take advantage. I really like IT but until he gets back to form he is doing more damage than good to his team. Now, if the cavaliers are seeking for a scapegoat they might as well trade K Love. I dont think sending away Love solves anything though. He is a great rebounder a great full court passer and one of the best Stretch 4s you can find in the NBA, i think i just described the ideal teammate of Lebron.

On 1/13/2018 at 12:17 AM, NBA_OG said:

The Los Angeles Clippers proposed a blockbuster deal to the Minnesota Timberwolves involving forward Blake Griffin and center Karl-Anthony Towns, league sources told @BBallInsiders.

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I call BS. The trade makes no sense.

Makes sense now!

Apparently the Clippers were bent on trading Griffin and were offering him up everywhere!