NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017-2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Message added by TheOneAboveAll

Good day Rotoworld members! I hope everyone is enjoying the trade deadline. Just a reminder that be very careful with posting links and/or information in our threads. There tends to be a few troll accounts that pop up around this time of the season i.e. fake Woj accounts posting false information. Thank you!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

2014-15 trade deadline was absolutely insane on the last day. 

More like the last 30 minutes prior to the deadline on that last day. Total silence . . . and then suddenly everything exploded. Epic.

18 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Is it normally this quiet though leading to the deadline? So far, only two major trades happened this week, and 4 more days left.

Every team usually keep a poker face until the last day. I guess it's a good way to bargain. Hope it's a good one this year, prepare to run and do some pick ups! (and drops).

Well last season there were names floating  arround left and right  and I think almost nothing happened. This year, being quite before the deadline means A STORM IS COMING (atleast that's what I believe , reading through the various tweets and stuff)

1 minute ago, RipCity0 said:

Seriously I believe a storm is coming. Many teams with tight salary cap situations, expiring contracts and East teams smelling blood from the Cavs.

This . I believe the EAST is gonna go NUTS this deadline

The Clippers and Portland Trail Blazers have discussed a trade involving L.A. center DeAndre Jordan but a formal offer was never made, according to NBA officials who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter. The Clippers have been seeking a first-round draft pick, financial flexibility and young players in return for Jordan, according to the executives.

1 minute ago, manolo_ said:
The Clippers and Portland Trail Blazers have discussed a trade involving L.A. center DeAndre Jordan but a formal offer was never made, according to NBA officials who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter. The Clippers have been seeking a first-round draft pick, financial flexibility and young players in return for Jordan, according to the executives.

Lol I don't think they'll get any of those three things from Portland. financial flexibility especially, youre dreaming. Really doubt this happens, and I'm a Blazers fan who is on the fence about it in general. 

7 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Lol I don't think they'll get any of those three things from Portland. financial flexibility especially, youre dreaming. Really doubt this happens, and I'm a Blazers fan who is on the fence about it in general. 

Yeah I don't know how it could work out . But I only think it may happen because of the 'talk' Lillard had with the management, about him wanting a Ring . So I think they may become more aggressive buyers, so that Dame doesn't request a trade.

3 hours ago, Foppatosakic said:

How are you guys setting up notifications on your phone? I have Sharks in my league.

I have two apps, but even they seem late to the punch. Roto updates are fine though late as well, but woj Twitter is the fastest so far. If you find one, share here.

11 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

If they do this trade, are they dumping nurkic?

I think—without any knowledge of salaries and whatnot—that clips would want a pick and ed Davis & Shabazz to spearhead their  new movement. Those dudes would be fantasy gold for us.

There have been several reports stating Memphis is not moving Gasol and for that matter Conley. I honestly can't see that. I expect them to be moved come deadline. Don't think either one of them wants to be a rebuilding team unless the Grizz add some pieces, but they don't have to offer besides Tyreke who we know is hobbled. We shall see. Yeah I expect this to be a crazy trade deadline. Never can tell though, may just fool us all and be quiet.

4 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

There have been several reports stating Memphis is not moving Gasol and for that matter Conley. I honestly can't see that. I expect them to be moved come deadline. Don't think either one of them wants to be a rebuilding team unless the Grizz add some pieces, but they don't have to offer besides Tyreke who we know is hobbled. We shall see. Yeah I expect this to be a crazy trade deadline. Never can tell though, may just fool us all and be quiet.

Tyreke has been keeping healthy this year tho. Some team could use him as a bench guy. Gasol should be moved... Conley just took surgery so he probably won't move yet?

Trade talks involving Robin Lopez "have intensified," according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.

Every veteran on the Bulls is fair game for trade talk, so this isn't the least bit surprising. No specific teams have been linked to Lopez, who brushed off the chatter. "Trades are part of the business," Lopez said. "Guys are used to it." The Bulls will reportedly waive Tony Allen if he's not traded, and Jameer Nelson's future with the franchise is iffy at best. It should be an eventful week for Chicago.
2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Trade talks involving Robin Lopez "have intensified," according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.

Every veteran on the Bulls is fair game for trade talk, so this isn't the least bit surprising. No specific teams have been linked to Lopez, who brushed off the chatter. "Trades are part of the business," Lopez said. "Guys are used to it." The Bulls will reportedly waive Tony Allen if he's not traded, and Jameer Nelson's future with the franchise is iffy at best. It should be an eventful week for Chicago.

Watch the bulls trade Lopez and Portis together. #freeFelicio :lol: