NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017-2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Message added by TheOneAboveAll

Good day Rotoworld members! I hope everyone is enjoying the trade deadline. Just a reminder that be very careful with posting links and/or information in our threads. There tends to be a few troll accounts that pop up around this time of the season i.e. fake Woj accounts posting false information. Thank you!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, manolo_ said:

If true, Dan Gilbert must be thinking, if LBJ leaves next summer would he rather have the Nets pick, or have a core of Love, Kemba and Batum? Love, Kemba and Batum will probably be good enough to lead team to playoffs, esp if Love can regain his Twolves form, but not championship material. Is it ok for them to be a mediocre playoff team, or will they want to go on full rebuild?

15 minutes ago, sya said:

If true, Dan Gilbert must be thinking, if LBJ leaves next summer would he rather have the Nets pick, or have a core of Love, Kemba and Batum? Love, Kemba and Batum will probably be good enough to lead team to playoffs, esp if Love can regain his Twolves form, but not championship material. Is it ok for them to be a mediocre playoff team, or will they want to go on full rebuild?

full rebuild is all the rage these days 

Randle will be a restricted free agent at the end of the season. Clarkson is owed $25.9 million over the next two seasons. The Lakers have listened to offers or explored trades for both players that included first or second round picks, but sources indicate that none of those deals would save significant cap space for the future, thereby negating the initial reason for exploring trades for those players.

59 mins ago  via ESPN

Lakers fishing for better deals or are they staying at LA ?
Edited by manolo_
Randle will be a restricted free agent at the end of the season. Clarkson is owed $25.9 million over the next two seasons. The Lakers have listened to offers or explored trades for both players that included first or second round picks, but sources indicate that none of those deals would save significant cap space for the future, thereby negating the initial reason for exploring trades for those players.

via ESPN

3 hours ago, XOrad10 said:

via ESPN

they said randle hasnt been mentioned in any trade rumors lately 

Shocked there is no buzz about Brow. With DMC done, it's surprising they are still considering competing this year despite their place in the standings.

Would not want to be Cavs GM right now... brought in IT in hoodwink fashion, and lots of money tied up in aging vets on multi-year contracts. Yikes, good luck making a good deal, the Kemba/Batum deal looks pretty good honestly, but that's a lot of deadweight they need to add, maybe Charlotte is too smart to drop two giant anchors in a wooden boat.

12 minutes ago, ryanii said:

Despite all these rumors, I feel like it'll be another disappointing deadline. There will be trades but my guess is there won't be a lot of fantasy pickups.

that's a complete guess though. nobody knows. it could be an avalanche of trades a la 2014-15,

or it could be a medium amount of trades like most years... or there could be hardly any trades...

nobody really knows 

Nature of the business to hold out for the best offer. Once the smoke clears and teams are faced with a shot clock violation literally at 3pm thu they decide if they want to take a shot or pass on the trade.

8 minutes ago, dman0506 said:

Do most of the trades typically come on Thursday or will we see some start tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Wondering that as well. Especially with so many injuries and Cavs looking so vulnerable, I def expect some moves to happen.

We will likely see lesser players being traded tomorrow. Names like Belinelli and KOQ/Hernangomez.

You probably won't see a big name like DeAndre Jordan , Tyreke etc... moved until Thursday.

My gut is telling me though that someone like Hassan Whiteside trade to someone like the Bucks is going to headline Thursdays' deadline.

And I feel like the Suns might surprise everyone and trade away that bum Chriss to make way for Bender.

Edited by CORTEz