NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017-2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Message added by TheOneAboveAll

Good day Rotoworld members! I hope everyone is enjoying the trade deadline. Just a reminder that be very careful with posting links and/or information in our threads. There tends to be a few troll accounts that pop up around this time of the season i.e. fake Woj accounts posting false information. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

We will likely see lesser players being traded tomorrow. Names like Belinelli and KOQ/Hernangomez.

You probably won't see a big name like DeAndre Jordan , Tyreke etc... moved until Thursday.

My gut is telling me though that someone like Hassan Whiteside trade to someone like the Bucks is going to headline Thursdays' deadline.

And I feel like the Suns might surprise everyone and trade away that bum Chriss to make way for Bender.

or trade both bender and chriss and let alan williams eat. bender is just as bad as chriss. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, cdd10 said:

or trade both bender and chriss and let alan williams eat. bender is just as bad as chriss. 

I agree with setting Alan Williams free. But I don't believe that Bender has been given a legitimate shot yet...

Chriss on the other hand, feels like he's going to be one of those players where the "hype" is there, but he never consistently lives up to it.

7 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Does tonight’s big injury, in any shape or form, make NYK buyers? I know they’re swapping guys likey for picks, but the Knicks need some sort of draw to sell tickets. Enormous loss tonight.

I have no idea. But I'd honestly see them more as sellers than buyers.

5 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

Does tonight’s big injury, in any shape or form, make NYK buyers? I know they’re swapping guys likey for picks, but the Knicks need some sort of draw to sell tickets. Enormous loss tonight.

They are now even bigger sellers. Knicks sell out regardless of their team... I think if anything, they might move more players now.

3 minutes ago, Raziballs3324 said:

They are now even bigger sellers. Knicks sell out regardless of their team... I think if anything, they might move more players now.

Has #FreeWilly written all over it...

1 minute ago, manolo_ said:

Prob not happening after the Zingis injury, they have to blow it up. 

Those second-rounders may be less necessary if the Knicks deal Kyle O’Quinn for a second-round pick. According to multiple sources, the Knicks likely will deal Willy Hernangomez if they can secure a first-round pick or a promising youngster at a different position.

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Prob not happening after the Zingis injury, they have to blow it up. 

Well wouldn't Elf fit good in the rebuild/tank from now on ? It's not like he can carry the knicks and he is a young promising PG 

Just now, manolo_ said:

Well wouldn't Elf fit good in the rebuild/tank from now on ? It's not like he can carry the knicks and he is a young promising PG 

I don;t think so, Payton would stunt Franks development. We already have a young defensive minded pg and I don't want another 1. 

15 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

So do we have a list of possible guys that people are aiming to add with the trade deadline around the corner?

a list of 5-6 guys that could have a massive increase in usage the ROS 

Just off the top of my head but Boban, Bam, Willy, Noel and Len.  Weirdly all big men. 

8 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

So do we have a list of possible guys that people are aiming to add with the trade deadline around the corner?

Yeah, I’m curious to see people’s lists. All my leagues vary in size, but so far, my list looks like this:

Nerlens

Willy

Ed Davis (if POR trades for Deandre)

Josh Hart (clarkson traded)

Lamb (Batum traded)

Jerian Grant (if traded to a PG-less team)

14 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Harrel, Noel, Willy, Abebayo, Hart are my guesses.

12 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

The ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Bam Adebayo

Josh Hart

Willy Hernangomez

Mario Hezonja
Trey Burke

Do you think Collins will get a big increase with a possible Dedmon move?

All the rest seem right on. Noel seems to be destined to be moved, and so with Willy. Not sure if Miami will let go of Whiteside. 

Josh Hart has really come on lately as well, and like mentioned, could have some great ROS value if Clarkson goes

The Magic are reportedly shopping Mario Hezonja and Elfrid Payton.

The Magic have made everyone aside from Jonathan Isaac and Aaron Gordon available, and there could be some incentive for them to flip Hezonja if they feel he won't re-up with them as a free agent this summer. Elfrid Payton is also bound for free agency, and most expect him to leave Orlando as a free agent this summer, so he could be another name to watch ahead of the deadline

The Clippers reportedly haven't received many enticing offers for DeAndre Jordan.

The Rockets, Bucks, Trail Blazers and Wizards have all expressed interest in Jordan, but none of those trade talks have gotten "anywhere near serious," according to sources Zach Lowe. The Rockets got close in the past, but with how well Clint Capela has been playing this season, there's not much incentive to bring on DJ. Portland has reportedly "backed away" from Jordan for now, and the Bucks and Wizards simply might not have the pieces to get a deal done.

The Nets are expected to field offers on Spencer Dinwiddie ahead of the deadline.

The Nets have done an excellent job with Dinwiddie's development, but his trade value may never be higher than it is right now, and he's an attractive trade chip with just $1.6 million due to him next season. If another team offers up a first-round pick for Dinwiddie, that could be enough for them to pull the trigger. A move outside of Brooklyn would assuredly be a negative for Dinwiddie's rest-of-season outlook, so hopefully