NBC Sports Edge Forums

SP Jesus Luzardo, OAK

15 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Oakland currently rolling a 6 man rotation, so will be interesting which direction they go with him

I think the depth gives Oakland the ability to have a really quick trigger with any starter that is struggling. Not sure this makes sense, but I think the A's can now have a starter that struggles early act as an opener and then use the odd man out act as the starter when the starter/opener gets lit. Anderson has the lowest upside in the rotation of throwing a gem and dominating. Bailey gets lit up sometimes, but when he is on he can be really good. That type of starter is important so I think Anderson gets bumped to a long relief/starter after opener fails. 

When you look at the A's rotation they are surprisingly solid, but no one is postseason scary good. Luzardo has to be given a chance to be that for them. I can not see Luzardo's upside in the rotation not be explored in September. Not sure he will have a long leash, but they have to give him an opportunity to be one of their top 3 postseason starters. 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic