NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley II 2018 Outlook

Jin

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Conner and Barkley as my rbs but after seeing this week, I have to say Gurley is the unquestioned top fantasy non-qb player (Mahomes) every week from here on out.

Over the years, his receiving prowess has just increased and the offense post-Fisher is the perfect situation for a rb.

Just now, ilovepelas said:

If he went down do we think it is malcom brown or john kelly? John kelly keeps getting inactive each week. I think kelly is a more talented nfl rb than malcom brown. 

Malcolm Brown I'd imagine would definitely get the first shot at it since he is #2 on the depth chart but if Gurley is out Kelly would likely be active and the Rams would probably take the "hot hand" approach. In the leagues I own a handcuff for him I currently have Brown since the usage and depth chart is in his favor so if Gurley went down I feel like he'd be the more popular add then ideally I'd still be able to grab Kelly who would hopefully be somewhat overlooked. 

On 8/30/2018 at 12:42 PM, ludawg23 said:

19 total TDs is certainly tough to duplicate and he may regress but out of all the top RBs this year, he has the least amount of concerns IMO.

I think 20 total tds is within reach. This offense upgraded at the receiver position. He’s on pace for 30. Even with regression, 20 is well within reach.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:12 AM, WaiverLooter said:

I think 20 total tds is within reach. This offense upgraded at the receiver position. He’s on pace for 30. Even with regression, 20 is well within reach.

Believe it or not, Gurley has AVERAGED 7.5 Red zone carries PER GAME.. League Winner!

3 hours ago, mjb said:

Believe it or not, Gurley has AVERAGED 7.5 Red zone carries PER GAME.. League Winner!

Definitely. With the way the offense is humming along, he's going to get a lot of redzone carries. 7.5 might be a bit unsustainable but he's also one of the more dangerous receiving backs. Coupled with the fact that they don't have an established redzone tight end. This dude is going to feast.

It's almost unfair to be picking second or third, given the disparity in opportunity and hindsight, the fact that DJ and Leveon probably went after him.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, FF4life said:

The problem with Gurley is, he will sit out Weeks 16 and 17 because the Rams will have clinched.

So you won't have him for your Fantasy Finals.

He will get you to that final.

Also fantasy football is 85% luck , anything can happen in a H2H weekly league

most leagues the championship is week 16 ... week 17 is not even in any conversation.

18 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

A 1.01 pick performing like a 1.01 pick ..excellent 

this is borderline Faulk/LTII/Holmes territory for the past 20 games ... kid's in rarified air right now, and deserving of every last cent of that coin LA plunked down.

1 hour ago, FF4life said:

The problem with Gurley is, he will sit out Weeks 16 and 17 because the Rams will have clinched.

Ah, rookie.

If you're good enough and lucky enough to get to that point, you should know better to grab backups weeks in advance who would be starting if that happens.

1 hour ago, FF4life said:

Most players don't sit week 16 regardless of record. Maybe they come out early or something, but not sitting out the whole game

Just now, geosporin said:

Most players don't sit week 16 regardless of record. Maybe they come out early or something, but not sitting out the whole game

McVay rested all starters in preseason.

Rams will have clinched everything by Week 16.

I bet Gurley doesn't play a single snap in Week 16.

3 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Bold prediction at week 4 

Yeah.  As expected, the Rams look dominant right now but you never know what can happen from now until week 16.  The Rams could be playing in a must-win game to make the playoffs or clinch their division come week 16.

46 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Yeah.  As expected, the Rams look dominant right now but you never know what can happen from now until week 16.  The Rams could be playing in a must-win game to make the playoffs or clinch their division come week 16.

bot nobody in their division is even remotely threatening.

Archived