NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'd be shocked this year if Amari doesn't go back up to 1000 yds 8 tds. Last year was terrible, and who knows what with Gruden, but you never know if Gruden breathes some fresh air into Cooper's career and into these players as he seems to be a good motivator. Del Rio really sucks as a HC, and he always has.

Healthy Carr, Healthy Cooper, new HC, maybe commitment to Lynch. Cooper is a no-brainer bounce back candidate who can literally be a WR1 this year and you can draft him for a early-4th round price. Easy pick. 

I'm betting he finished in the top 5 this year and i have NEVER been an Amari fan.  . .until I drafted him:lol:

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, dashoe said:

I'm betting he finished in the top 5 this year and i have NEVER been an Amari fan.  . .until I drafted him:lol:

Whatcha betting?  I don't think any Raiders skill player finishes close to top 10 anywhere.

2 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Bet Carr and Amari do

I dunno.  It's kind of a tangential point, but the fact that he is not actively working to keep one of the premier DE's in the league (and arguably the best player on the Raiders), as well as offloading one of the better punters in the league, doesn't inspire much confidence in me for a Gruden-led Raiders.  He seems pretty out of touch with the current landscape of the NFL.  I'm just not seeing it, and am counting on the Raiders to be last in the AFC West.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, kdko said:

I dunno.  It's kind of a tangential point, but the fact that he is not actively working to keep one of the premier DE's in the league (and arguably the best player on the Raiders), as well as offloading one of the better punters in the league, doesn't inspire much confidence in me for a Gruden-led Raiders.  He seems pretty out of touch with the current landscape of the NFL.  I'm just not seeing it, and am counting on the Raiders to be last in the AFC West.

Then that means welcome to The Air Carr and Amari show catching alot of passes

27 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The Mack trade is a boost to all pass catchers on the Raiders. Worse game scripts now.

It's up to Amari to actually catch these passes. We all know he can take one to the house at any given moment. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dashoe said:

That's a pretty good point I guess, haha.  Their defense was already pretty terrible last year though.

Things just keep getting better and better for Amari's outlook.  First they ship out Mack to virtually guarantee the Raiders have the worst defense in the league, and now Martavis is gone too.  If Jordy is what we saw at the end of last season then Cooper is about to get 160 targets.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

The Mack trade is a boost to all pass catchers on the Raiders. Worse game scripts now.

It's up to Amari to actually catch these passes. We all know he can take one to the house at any given moment. 

He has worse hands than Will Fuller, so the extra volume will only help him.

On 8/19/2018 at 6:03 PM, Mr.E said:

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.

- Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college

- Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

- Everyone lost faith in him plummeting his ADP into steal territory

- Going into a season with a coaching overhaul that should help him

(+ Crabtree gone). 

He's exactly the type of potential league-winning pick that I look for every year.

Difference is that Oakland is going to suck this year.

1 hour ago, jujuonthebeat said:

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.

- Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college

- Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

- Everyone lost faith in him plummeting his ADP into steal territory

- Going into a season with a coaching overhaul that should help him

(+ Crabtree gone). 

He's exactly the type of potential league-winning pick that I look for every year.

See what your thinking. Here is where your messing up.

*gurley is an elite RB.

*cooper is a slightly above average WR.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

See what your thinking. Here is where your messing up.

*gurley is an elite RB.

plz to reference last year's Gurley outlook, where he was being called "TRich 2.0" more than being called anything even remotely close to "elite" - he fell from top 5 consensus overall pick on 2016 to a mid to late secomd round selection. 

why did that happen? try 19 straight games under 100 yds rushing, half of those were 50 yds or less ... went the entire 2016 season without one single solitary 100 yd outing.  

oh, yes, please tell us how "elite" Mr.Gurley was looking  coming into 2017 ...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I don’t understand why people are so high on Cooper all of a sudden. I’m not saying he can’t bounce back but there is so much hype and what’s changed? Gruden favors his #1? 

Aside from one blow up game last year Cooper was a disaster. He drops a lot of passes too.

He’s in pretty much the same situation as last year except for the coach. Same QB throwing him the ball and the same running game. 

Jordy and Crabtree are similar although Nelson is a few years older than crab is. 

Im not buying into the hype until he shows something. 

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

plz to reference last year's Gurley outlook, where he was being called "TRich 2.0" more than being called anything even remotely close to "elite" - he fell from top 5 consensus overall pick on 2016 to a mid to late secomd round selection. 

why did that happen? try 19 straight games under 100 yds rushing, half of those were 50 yds or less ... went the entire 2016 season without one single solitary 100 yd outing.  

oh, yes, please tell us how "elite" Mr.Gurley was looking  coming into 2017 ...

That's like game, set and match for that argument.  

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

I don’t understand why people are so high on Cooper all of a sudden. I’m not saying he can’t bounce back but there is so much hype and what’s changed? Gruden favors his #1? 

Aside from one blow up game last year Cooper was a disaster. He drops a lot of passes too.

He’s in pretty much the same situation as last year except for the coach. Same QB throwing him the ball and the same running game. 

Jordy and Crabtree are similar although Nelson is a few years older than crab is. 

Its not really hype but he's probably the most popular bounce back candidate this season. Yeah he was bad but part of that could have been due to injuries to both him and Carr. Because he was so bad you can get him at a late 3rd/early 4th round discount.

I expecting a 85-1200-7 line.

10 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Its not really hype but he's probably the most popular bounce back candidate this season. Yeah he was bad but part of that could have been due to injuries to both him and Carr. Because he was so bad you can get him at a late 3rd/early 4th round discount.

I expecting a 85-1200-7 line.

He could bounce back and Gruden talks about moving him all over the field. 

I blew a 3rd/4th round pick on him last year and I’m not sure I want to go down that road again. 

Id take a shot if he was there in the 5th but that’s unlikely. 

2 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

Jordy and Crabtree are similar although Nelson is a few years older than crab is

Pretty much but not the same exact situation. He is going to get more targets and more redzone looks than he did with crabtree there.  Jordy is older but interestingly he isnt slower, his speed is still there which makes him a legit field stretcher although losing Bryant hurts the field stretching dept. Throw in a defense that won't shut anyone down.

QB's  will favor the guys they know  and wr's who go to new teams historically see dropoffs in production so lafell and Jordy are not going to hurt coopers opportunity.

Coop fell to me in round 6 of a Superflex league (although “fell” may be generous after his season last year.)

I think he is the Xander Bogaerts of football: immense natural gifts and almost unseeable upside - but something has been “off” and they’ve mostly been disappointing. 

But guess who is playing is playing like a star this season?  Xander Bogaerts.

I ain’t sayin... but I’m just sayin’

Edited by RotoBird
  • Like 1