NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

6 hours ago, SteelBallin said:

barring injury, last year should be his floor. got him in the 4th round and im feeling pretty good about it. i never had him before so i don't know the pain others have felt. let's see if i get burned or not like the people in my league think

I am still bitter. So fwiw he is like D Thomas and the “2nd” WR of the Raiders is E. Sanders. It was Crabtree for a few seasons and this year will be J. Nelson or whoever it is. They cost less to draft but will outshine him. Good luck though. I do hope he has a good year. I have D Carr as my starting QB. We’ll see.  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

Just now, LongBalls said:

I own heavy shares of this guy due to relentless preseason hype. That always works out well. Good luck, everyone.

Hype? Actually everything I read is pretty even some love him for a bounceback and others think he won't bounceback. 

• Like 1
On 9/4/2018 at 9:42 AM, SuperHans said:

Well he's my WR1 so I am ALL IN

Not going to make any predictions or anything. Stars are "somewhat" aligned for a good year. Just has to catch the ball. 

...and know the plays... and run the routes.... and stay healthy... 

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Hype? Actually everything I read is pretty even some love him for a bounceback and others think he won't bounceback. 

Most pre-draft rankings I saw had him ranked in the top 20 WRs. Many in the top 12.

I got him with the 44th pick this year. Given Grudens love for WRs I expect him to see a lot of targets and have a very high ceiling. I would not be surprised if he ends up in WR1 category at some point this season. Whatever the case may be I don't think he will have a worst season than last year. 

• Like 1

We passed on him at pick #41 and took Ertz.  Then and now I wondered if we did the right thing.  I feel like Cooper is going to have a decent to good season.  TE is a wasteland tho and Ertz should deliver double digit production each week on average.  We'll see if we made the right choice in due time.

Grabbed him in the 3rd round at pick 27. Bit of a reach but he wasn't gonna fall to my next pick.

I owned Coop last year and he burned me. But I like the way things are looking in Oakland for this year. No Michael Crabtree, a new head coach who is good at grooming top WRs, and a worse defense which should provide a positive game script and a lot of garbage time catch-up where it will be Carr airing it out to Coop.

I think he can have an Allen Robinson-lite year with 1200-1300 yards and 8-10 TDs with the potential for a bit more if everything truly clicks. 

His week 1 matchup is tough against a good Rams secondary. If he has a bad week but gets 8+ targets, I'd buy low everywhere if at all possible.

How are people feeling about the week 1 matchup. I'm 100% positive on Cooper this year with new coaching, and hopefully he's healthy the whole year.  He should get a good portion of the target pie but I do admit to being worried week 1. 

I think Gruden is going to be great for Carr and in return Cooper.  Confidence is a big thing and that offense struggled last year.  I expect Carr to get back to his 2015-2016 form.  I could see Carr pushing 550 to maybe even 600 attempts under Gruden this year.  Shoot out potential.

32 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

How are people feeling about the week 1 matchup. I'm 100% positive on Cooper this year with new coaching, and hopefully he's healthy the whole year.  He should get a good portion of the target pie but I do admit to being worried week 1. 

I think Gruden is going to be great for Carr and in return Cooper.  Confidence is a big thing and that offense struggled last year.  I expect Carr to get back to his 2015-2016 form.  I could see Carr pushing 550 to maybe even 600 attempts under Gruden this year.  Shoot out potential.

Since Gruden gutted an already bad defense by trading a generational player, Carr's pass attempts will be high this year. Only helps Cooper.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Since Gruden gutted an already bad defense by trading a generational player, Carr's pass attempts will be high this year. Only helps Cooper.

What do you think of the week 1 matchup? Some pretty stellar CBs he will be going up against.

I'm actually liking Cook (TE) as a possible good play here with some high target potential.

Overall though I look for an improved and healthy Cooper this year.

Edited by Big Nate
14 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

What do you think of the week 1 matchup? Some pretty stellar CBs he will be going up against.

I'm actually liking Cook (TE) as a possible good play here with some high target potential.

Overall though I look for an improved and healthy Cooper this year.

I read somewhere that the slot man that the raiders had on roster was cut and it "made sense" since Cooper was spotted many times in the slot in practices. 

Even though he's gong to be moving around a lot this season or so they say... I expect to see Cooper all over on Monday trying to get away from Talib and Peters. I am not sure if both are shadow corners following the WR1 everywhere? 

I am actually high on Cooper this year especially before getting rid of Mack because I felt raiders would be playing behind in most games and will be pass heavy. Unfortunately, the week 1 matchup is just terrible but some people like myself will just have to be forced to play him. I could see him ending the night with 6/75/0 stat line.

• Like 1

I would not be surprised to see Cooper having a 3 catch 25 yard game this week. Bad matchup this week. I think he will thrive for the rest of the year though. No one panic if he has a bad week 1 outing haha

• Like 1
6 hours ago, dynst1988 said:

I think Cooper has a good game Monday night! 6/85/1td. They need to get his confidence up right from the gates and we should expect north of 10+ targets. Could be garbage time tho.

I'm expecting this by halftime.

6 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

I would not be surprised to see Cooper having a 3 catch 25 yard game this week. Bad matchup this week. I think he will thrive for the rest of the year though. No one panic if he has a bad week 1 outing haha

If Cooper doesn't see at least 10 targets this game, Gruden is messing up.

7 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

I'd have an easier time living with my decision to start him with that line than if he goes for 130 and a touch on my bench.

Don't overthink this one guys, matchups are overblown, you don't invest a top 4 round pick on a player to play matchups.

Raiders will lose by 20+ pts. I honestly don't see Coop having a very good game when it matters. Maybe some garbage time points. On the other hand, he torches Marcus Peters when they play eachother. Wonder if he gets Talib instead.