NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

On 9/7/2018 at 7:54 AM, Big Nate said:

What do you think of the week 1 matchup? Some pretty stellar CBs he will be going up against.

I'm actually liking Cook (TE) as a possible good play here with some high target potential.

Overall though I look for an improved and healthy Cooper this year.

I agree with Cook being a surprise sleeper for wk 1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mr.E said:

I'd have an easier time living with my decision to start him with that line than if he goes for 130 and a touch on my bench.

Don't overthink this one guys, matchups are overblown, you don't invest a top 4 round pick on a player to play matchups.

saw this on Rich Hribar's "The Worksheet" on this game:

Per Pro Football Focus, in four career games versus Aqib Talib, Amari Cooper has caught 1-of-6 targets for eight yards and no touchdowns in Talib's coverage.

Per Pro Football Focus, in five career games versus Marcus Peters, Cooper has caught 6-of-12 targets for 77 yards and no touchdowns in Peters' coverage.

I was iffy on starting him, then I read those statements. Of course, it's a new year, anything could happen, but the likelihood of a 100+ yard game against those corners seems doubtful. Maybe he catches a quick slant for a TD. I'm keeping expectations low if I do start him.

11 hours ago, Mr.E said:

I'd have an easier time living with my decision to start him with that line than if he goes for 130 and a touch on my bench.

Don't overthink this one guys, matchups are overblown, you don't invest a top 4 round pick on a player to play matchups.

Yup, im not benching him. Just saying to temper expectations :)

• Like 1

Gruden better not be blowing smoke. I expect 10-13 targets line up all over the field for a guy Gruden is considering the vocal point of the offense. Needing 10 points from him and 20 from stafford. Lets do this. Gruden loves a good wr. Lets start strong.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Gruden better not be blowing smoke. I expect 10-13 targets line up all over the field for a guy Gruden is considering the vocal point of the offense. Needing 10 points from him and 20 from stafford. Lets do this. Gruden loves a good wr. Lets start strong.

Julio got freeaking 19 targets . . in a loss. Amari better get at least 10 because the Raiders are not going to win

• Thanks 1
Just now, NBatum88 said:

Nobody can cover Amari. They may try but they will fail. 

Please move him around.  .please get him into space. . please don't only have him as the x. . .please let him beast

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I will say this, as a Cooper owner, he needs to get some serious MoJo.  He had so many ups and downs and drops last year there was no consistency.

He has all the abilities in the world and runs great routes. Look at the top WRs in this game, they all have that little something, that edge, that ego, that confidence.

If Gruden can get that out of him and Cooper can start dominating look out.  Or he goes the route of Hakeem Nicks and fades into nothing.

I believe in Cooper and I picked him up this year in a keeper league banking on Gruden and Carr turning around this offense.  This offense needs an identity and they have a big gap long term and need Cooper to fill that void.  Nelson is there but he's not the long term answer. I could see Nelson having a good year but when Carr is slinging it Cooper should have a great year too. 

it is 100% up to Cooper to find his Mojo.  Guess we see what happens game 1.  

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I will say this, as a Cooper owner, he needs to get some serious MoJo.  He had so many ups and downs and drops last year there was no consistency.

He has all the abilities in the world and runs great routes. Look at the top WRs in this game, they all have that little something, that edge, that ego, that confidence.

If Gruden can get that out of him and Cooper can start dominating look out.  Or he goes the route of Hakeem Nicks and fades into nothing.

I believe in Cooper and I picked him up this year in a keeper league banking on Gruden and Carr turning around this offense.  This offense needs an identity and they have a big gap long term and need Cooper to fill that void.  Nelson is there but he's not the long term answer. I could see Nelson having a good year but when Carr is slinging it Cooper should have a great year too. 

it is 100% up to Cooper to find his Mojo.  Guess we see what happens game 1.  

if he doesnt get at least 160 targets this year the system is broken. . .

On 8/7/2018 at 3:55 PM, Sternes said:

Also:

Of his 680 yards, 30.9% came in one game where he got 210, along with his 2 TD.  He won you that week, performed decently in a couple others, and crushed your spirits the rest of the season.

Even scarier, his only other +100 yard game...came in week 17, along with another TD.  Which is another 16.9% of his yardage for the year.

47.8% of his total either came in one game, or for 99% of leagues, in a week it didn't count.

If you are in PPR, the only week he went over 5 catches was that monster 200 yard game, where he got 11 catches. 22.9% of his catches for the season came in that game.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Image result for michael scott gif

Ha, I was looking at his game log today and noticed a similar stat...he has 33 or less receiving yards in 9 of his last 15 games.

In other words, ALL games he's played in during 2017 & 2018 (he missed 2 games last year). 

• Like 1