NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

3 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

His ADP was late rd2 to mid rd3 in PPR. That's no WR2 expectations. That's in between WR12-WR15.

That's not a good return in investment if you are drafting a WR2 in that ADP area

I don’t pay attention to rounds since league size can skew it; I pay attention to ADP. In that regard, Cooper was typically in the 28-40 range. 

I look at Yahoo, RW, and FFC typically and all of them had him pegged in that range which is prime for WR2 selections. But it’s semantics and I’m splitting hairs. We’re saying the same thing; he shouldn’t have been drafted as a WR1, he’s a mid-to-low-tier WR2, and is not elite. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

If Carr keeps playin scared it doesn't matter who his WRs are and he won't be a starter much longer.

I am not worried about Carr. He threw for 300 yards against a really good defense. Sure it looks like Carr made some bad decisions and may not be the QB some thought he would become, but the problem here is Cooper. 

"We'll have to get Amari going this week...easier said than done," Gruden told reporters Tuesday. 

That tells me that the problem with Cooper's production, is Cooper. But at least Gruden knows he has to get Cooper going and will try to figure out ways to get him going. But I really don't think Carr is the problem. He somehow made Cook look like Gronk. 

2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

I am not worried about Carr. He threw for 300 yards against a really good defense. Sure it looks like Carr made some bad decisions and may not be the QB some thought he would become, but the problem here is Cooper. 

"We'll have to get Amari going this week...easier said than done," Gruden told reporters Tuesday. 

That tells me that the problem with Cooper's production, is Cooper. But at least Gruden knows he has to get Cooper going and will try to figure out ways to get him going. But I really don't think Carr is the problem. He somehow made Cook look like Gronk. 

You obviously didn't watch the game lol. That quote is taken out of context.

• Like 1
Just now, wideopen21 said:

Read back a page or two more. Rotoworld cherry picked a few lines from a larger conversation; the context is completely missing as are a few keys names in the middle of the quote. 

And Carr was the problem last night. He was jumpy, didn’t let routes develop, checked out of pass plays, and checked down far to often feeling ghost pressure. After he got hit a few times early in the 3rd including a knee-level roughing hit, he got stuck in his own head. 

• Like 2

Sorry, but I don’t care if it’s not his fault or Carr’s fault - that’s irrelevant - point is that his production is borderline nonexistent at this point. The numbers speak volumes. His struggles from last year, wherever they may stem from, have dragged onto this year. He’s definitely not worth his ADP price. That being said, if you can buy really low on him and keep him on your bench as a high-upside player whose usable during a good matchup, then fine, get him. Otherwise, stay away from this guy. 

7 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Carr is definitely the problem. Lol you watch the game? Also....

His actual quote was "We'll have to get Amari going. That's easier said then done when you're dealing with Roby, Chris Harris and a fierce pass rush"...There is no question that part was cherry picked.

someone said this earlier. Carr played like absolute garbage. He was see ghost in the pocket, if some sneezed on him he checked it down or threw it out of bounds. Think he had 40 pass attempts and only 7 to WRs. 300 yards don't mean nothing he wasn't pushing the ball at all.

Edited by TTRA1N
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

His actual quote was "We'll have to get Amari going. That's easier said then done when you're dealing with Roby, Chris Harris and a fierce pass rush"...There is no question that part was cherry picked.

someone said this earlier. 

I said it. I read his whole press interview earlier. He goes on and on about how Amari can get vertical down the field as well. They picked out that part to make it seem like he already had no faith in the guy. It was a good way for them to get clicks, that's for sure.

• Like 1

i would love to say that the Rams secondary played a shut down game but Carr never gave his wr's a chance to find out.

He shut them down for the defense and the coaches made zero adjustments in the 2nd half

20 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Im pretty sure the Rams linebackers had a lot to do with that.

4 minutes ago, slothfantasy said:

Pro Football Talk just reported Raiders are gonna sign martavis bryant and use him this week vs Denver. This may be unrelated to Cooper, but the raiders are clearly unhappy with their receiving core to re-sign a guy they have already cut once.

They cut him because they know a suspension is coming, if they don't sign him before the regular season they don't have to pay him if he gets suspended mid season.

4 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Starting to sound like a buy low from the talk in here.

I’m doing the same thing. I love the overreactions; it’s why I win my F&F league year after year. Pros don’t get itchy trigger fingers after one week. Lots more football to be played (and not all games will be against top 2 Ds)

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, WestCoastMets said:

I’m doing the same thing. I love the overreactions; it’s why I win my F&F league year after year. Pros don’t get itchy trigger fingers after one week. Lots more football to be played (and not all games will be against top 2 Ds)

It’s been a long time since Cooper looked good on the field.  I think he had one good game last year...

We’re not making the call on Cooper after one week, but one year plus...

I don’t have space on my bench for guys that don’t pass the ‘eye ball test’...

Guys like Allison and Godwin pass.  Why sit on a guy that doesn’t, isn’t injured, and apparently who’s coach has little confidence in?

Totally reasonable to want nothing to do with Amari but holy s--- try to make sound arguments in support of that position, there are plenty of them to be made.

47 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

We’re not making the call on Cooper after one week, but one year plus...

You mean 1 year plus...1 game against one of the best secondaries in the league?

48 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I don’t have space on my bench for guys that don’t pass the ‘eye ball test’...

how exactly did he look bad yesterday?  it's pretty clear you're just looking at the stat sheet, not the "eye ball test"

50 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Guys like Allison and Godwin pass.  Why sit on a guy that doesn’t, isn’t injured, and apparently who’s coach has little confidence in?

Read this thread regarding the rotoworld Gruden blurb.  It was taken completely out of context and there was nothing said indicating that Gruden has "little confidence" in him.

Again, there are a multitude of legitimate reasons to dislike Amari but the ones you're giving aren't those.

2 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

Starting to sound like a buy low from the talk in here.

In 2017, it was buy low in week 1 and lower by week 16.

Then his ADP moved back up into that WR12-WR15 range again due to the coachspeak by Gruden...

Unless you are paying for WR2-high end WR3 kind of trades... not sure where the buy low really is now?