NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Szer0 said:

Mark Davis wouldn't allow it. Derek Carr is the face of the franchise. See that huge contract given to him

15 hours ago, HTM said:

You think the Raiders are going to bench their $125 million dollar QB for AJ McCarron by game 4? 

... he traded the best defensive end in the league... I'm starting to get the idea that Chucky calls the shots more than Davis... *fingers crossed*

14 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Carr didn't throw to either Cooper or Nelson...he's now going to throw to Bryant??

Wtfuuuu...

Yeah....against Chris Harris and a great pass rush.

Cook is a must start— Richard is a sneaky flex play. Could easily see 9 for 80/1 out of the backfield.   

Right now this is not an Amari Cooper issue, it's a Derek Carr issue.  Carr is playing scared and until he stops acting like Captain Check-down no WR is going to have any value on that Raiders team.  They didn't once try to stretch the field against the Rams.  I think the longest pass I saw Carr throw was roughly 10-12 yards which Cook then made a play to make it a 45 yard gain. 

The Raiders need to stretch the defense out so Cooper and co. can begin to find open areas of the field.  If they keep everything condensed like they did last game they're in for a long season.

• Like 2
Just now, cizastro said:

Right now this is not an Amari Cooper issue, it's a Derek Carr issue.  Carr is playing scared and until he stops acting like Captain Check-down no WR is going to have any value on that Raiders team.  They didn't once try to stretch the field against the Rams.  I think the longest pass I saw Carr throw was roughly 10-12 yards which Cook then made a play to make it a 45 yard gain. 

The Raiders need to stretch the defense out so Cooper and co. can begin to find open areas of the field.  If they keep everything condensed like they did last game they're in for a long season.

...just not this week

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

Exact same decision I have but in a standard league.  Leaning Coop right now

Denver is a tough matchup but I read that Cooper was open for multiple big plays last week against Talib and Carr just didn't look his way.

He will likely be moved all over the formation this week and I'm sure that Carr will be looking for him because he is their #1 wr.

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

Denver is a tough matchup but I read that Cooper was open for multiple big plays last week against Talib and Carr just didn't look his way.

He will likely be moved all over the formation this week and I'm sure that Carr will be looking for him because he is their #1 wr.

Ahhh poor guy. Good luck to you.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1

You can only expect cooper to see at least 8 targets. I do remember last yr and i believe it was against KC where cooper started the year besides opening day like crap and then went off for 11 receptions and 210 yards week 7. That being said, last yr cooper v denver 2 rec, 9 yards and 1 reception 9 yards and a td. Those are ugly numbers. Unless injuries occur, hes on my bench for the foreseeable future. Idc if he gets 10 targets against denver, i need him to get 10 targets against denver and then at least 8 the next 3 weeks after. 

EDIT: That game against KC, was the only game he did anything all yr...1 game for fantasy purposes unless you play week 16 and 17

Edited by Zekepeak86
50 minutes ago, cizastro said:

I agree with this being a Carr issue. I had him last year and I thought Carr didn't like Cooper because he was dropping passes, but now I think you're right, Carr is just scared and panicking. Similar to his brother really. Carr needs to be protected better and they need to get Cooper the ball on short quick routes so Carr will throw to him.  If they don't do that I see another roller coaster junk year for the entire offense.

9 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

You can only expect cooper to see at least 8 targets. I do remember last yr and i believe it was against KC where cooper started the year besides opening day like crap and then went off for 11 receptions and 210 yards week 7. That being said, last yr cooper v denver 2 rec, 9 yards and 1 reception 9 yards and a td. Those are ugly numbers. Unless injuries occur, hes on my bench for the foreseeable future. Idc if he gets 10 targets against denver, i need him to get 10 targets against denver and then at least 8 the next 3 weeks after. 

EDIT: That game against KC, was the only game he did anything all yr...1 game for fantasy purposes unless you play week 16 and 17

Him playing decent in Weeks 16 and 17 gave me some optimism going into this season. I'm having a tough time deciding on him or Corey Davis this week. Not sure how often against Denver Cooper lined up against Talib who is now gone. Also, reports of them possibly moving him around formations gives me a little more confidence.

11 minutes ago, NJLionsFan said:

Him playing decent in Weeks 16 and 17 gave me some optimism going into this season. I'm having a tough time deciding on him or Corey Davis this week. Not sure how often against Denver Cooper lined up against Talib who is now gone. Also, reports of them possibly moving him around formations gives me a little more confidence.

They have been saying that all offseason and they moved him around last week. He was in the slot over 40% of his snaps. Maybe just put Cook on the back of his jersey....

• Haha 2

There's going to be a lot of "venters/ranters" coming out of this thread this year...

Cooper has been on my "DO NOT DRAFT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" list since the 2016 season. Dude is good for like one, maybe two, 100-yard games. The rest? All these huge turd drop games ending with 4-29-0 lines.

Counting the last 2 seasons, he's had two VERY GOOD games....one, against TB, whose secondary has been pitiful since 2002. The other, against KC where KC had about the worst starting 1st half that they've had in years.

But having to spend a Top-40/50 pick on this guy (he actually went at Pick 36 in one of my leagues), is absolutely horrendous. Until he proves that he can post 85-1,000-8 on a consistent basis, he shouldn't be ranked anywhere in the Top-45/50.