NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Amari is gonna eat this year. Gruden knows he has a monster and will feed him. Don't read his stats from last year to me.  Different coach, presence of Crabtree, etc.  Everyone is panicking after 1 game.  It is obvious the game plan was to attack the Rams' defense only weakness last week and that is their LB corps, hence the high TE usage.  Funny how nobody is throwing in the towel on Kelce, Ertz, Hunt, etc. after low touch rates in week 1. Relax.  You're all going to look stupid after this week.  QUOTE ME.

Edit: By after this week, I mean he probably won't do much in Denver this week for obvious reasons. I'm talking week 3 and beyond.

Edited by dms80790
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

Frustrating because I think in VERY limited play in preseason we all saw what we wanted to see out of the new scheme: Carr taking the snap and first read just chucking a casual 49 yard 50/50 ball for Amari, who easily came down with it. I think after that play they pulled the 1st string and I was like 'yeah, that's what they want to do and I feel good about it'. 

Carr was miserably bad against LA; Amari was actually quite good against LA (by metrics, not production obviously). Unfortunately, both need to be good. Hopefully Chucky can build up the confidence in Carr's mind that he's not gonna get hammered by phantom pressure every dropback and actually look downfield to where his receivers are. I'm all for quick release pass schemes when you're facing a top defensive line, but it's pointless when you don't also scheme your WRs to catch those balls. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Amari is gonna eat this year. Gruden knows he has a monster and will feed him. Don't read his stats from last year to me.  Different coach, presence of Crabtree, etc.  Everyone is panicking after 1 game.  It is obvious the game plan was to attack the Rams' defense only weakness last week and that is their LB corps, hence the high TE usage.  Funny how nobody is throwing in the towel on Kelce, Ertz, Hunt, etc. after low touch rates in week 1. Relax.  You're all going to look stupid after this week.  QUOTE ME.

Edit: By after this week, I mean he probably won't do much in Denver this week for obvious reasons. I'm talking week 3 and beyond.

Its not really accurate to compare cooper to kelce, ertz and hunt. All of those guys were good, if not great, last year. Cooper has not been reliable for over a year now. Unless you're relying on disappointment, in that case Cooper has been very good.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Amari is gonna eat this year. Gruden knows he has a monster and will feed him. Don't read his stats from last year to me.  Different coach, presence of Crabtree, etc.  Everyone is panicking after 1 game.  It is obvious the game plan was to attack the Rams' defense only weakness last week and that is their LB corps, hence the high TE usage.  Funny how nobody is throwing in the towel on Kelce, Ertz, Hunt, etc. after low touch rates in week 1. Relax.  You're all going to look stupid after this week.  QUOTE ME

I guess you and Amari both missed week 1

5 minutes ago, slothfantasy said:

Its not really accurate to compare cooper to kelce, ertz and hunt. All of those guys were good, if not great, last year. Cooper has not been reliable for over a year now. Unless you're relying on disappointment, in that case Cooper has been very good.

Like I said, I don't care about last year.  Get back at me in 4 weeks and then we'll talk.

55 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

. Gruden knows he has a monster and will feed him. 

So he’s a “monster”, just not against tough matchups.

To me, a monster WR is someone who’s matchup proof.   Someone who makes it tough for any defense.  Brown, Jones, Hopkins, etc.

I own Cooper but Cooper is not the same as those guys.

18 minutes ago, K197040 said:

So he’s a “monster”, just not against tough matchups.

To me, a monster WR is someone who’s matchup proof.   Someone who makes it tough for any defense.  Brown, Jones, Hopkins, etc.

I own Cooper but Cooper is not the same as those guys.

I never said Amari was matchup-proof.  VERY few guys are.  I didn't compare him to Brown, Jones, or Hopkins.  Those guys (particularly AB) are God tier

4 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

I never said Amari was matchup-proof.  VERY few guys are.  I didn't compare him to Brown, Jones, or Hopkins.  Those guys (particularly AB) are God tier

Got it.   The “monster” designation threw me.    

I'm wondering if it's worth a low ball offer for this kid before game time today.  I'd imagine his owners would want to give it a couple of weeks before abandoning ship.  Thing is, maybe he's just not going to be all that good.  Personally I find that talent wins the day, and he has a lot of it. 

24 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I'm wondering if it's worth a low ball offer for this kid before game time today.  I'd imagine his owners would want to give it a couple of weeks before abandoning ship.  Thing is, maybe he's just not going to be all that good.  Personally I find that talent wins the day, and he has a lot of it. 

As an owner myself I would not sell now for pennies on the dollar. I knew the risk I was taking on this guy, and the encouraging sign is that last weeks performance was really not his fault but rather his qb for not going to him. 

I imagine other who invested a high pick on this guy probably share the same sentiments. Like you said the talent seems to be there. I think I would need a return of a guy with risks and similar upside to Cooper like a Baldwin or something similar. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

As an owner myself I would not sell now for pennies on the dollar. I knew the risk I was taking on this guy, and the encouraging sign is that last weeks performance was really not his fault but rather his qb for not going to him. 

I imagine other who invested a high pick on this guy probably share the same sentiments. Like you said the talent seems to be there. I think I would need a return of a guy with risks and similar upside to Cooper like a Baldwin or something similar. 

This

im not selling him for peanuts now.  Expecting a tough day like usual vs Denver 

53 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Carr needs to get his azz in gear and get the ball to Amari more. . . .you still lost to Denver when you should have beat them.

Feed you star

Carr wasn’t the reason the team lost. He was 29/32. Bad play calling at the end and the FB dropped an open pass on 4th & 1 that would’ve essentially ended the game.