NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

53 minutes ago, thejosef said:

Shouldn't we all just drop him, so others have to deal with the madness?  I cannot believe I am holding on him... 

I want to so badly. I had someone try to buy him low after week 1 when he had the dud. I held on and it paid off with his great game in week 2. 

Now, here I am wishing I sold him after week 2. Fml. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

He was dropped in one of my PPR leagues...is this guy gonna rebound from last year and get 1000 yards?  Prorating him to 16 games last year he would have only gotten 777...

Any Raider fans know whats up (other than Gruden sucks...blah blah blah)

Edited by Smoketheclay
35 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

He was dropped in one of my PPR leagues...is this guy gonna rebound from last year and get 1000 yards?  Prorating him to 16 games last year he would have only gotten 777...

If you have bench space I would - I personally think there would be some serviceable games depending on match ups but at this moment definitely can't be in your starting line up

11 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I want to trade Royce Freeman for Cooper in PPR but you guys are scaring me.  Is his outlook really that bad ROS? 

At this moment there is zero consistency in his usage... look at his targets in the first three games...

I think Gruden is trying to play it smart and play the game script more than the players

Eventually the team will come to but its anybody's guess when and how the Raiders figure it out

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

I just bought lowish [Removed Cool Story] as I needed depth.  Just hoping for some consistency snd a few blowup games. 

Amari is the bell cow of inconsistency and suck in the NFL.  2nd year of it.  

And you have 10,000+ posts?

Good lord.  RUN DUDE, RUUUN!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, jpark211 said:

At this moment there is zero consistency in his usage... look at his targets in the first three games...

I think Gruden is trying to play it smart and play the game script more than the players

Eventually the team will come to but its anybody's guess when and how the Raiders figure it out

Disagree - if anything, Gruden has slavishly  followed his scheme more than playing matchups thus far.

5 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Carr and Cooper never regained their magic after the first injury to Carr? Idk, but guys trajectory was so high after his rookie season, unbelievable that a guy with his pedigree and prospect profile who had such success his rookie season has fallen this hard.

28 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

I don't see how you can drop him yet? I get that he can be on your bench but dropping him outright seems like a ragequit move and not a smart one.

You don’t drop him....unless you’re in an eight man league or some weird s---.... but he’s a bye week filler and match up guy. Garbage for his ADP.

3 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I want to trade Royce Freeman for Cooper in PPR but you guys are scaring me.  Is his outlook really that bad ROS? 

Truth is nobody can really say for sure.  I for one think that a lot of people in this thread are overreacting, esp the ones saying to drop him. 

I'm not ready to give up on him yet.  I still think he's super talented but no one knows for sure why he has such inconsistency.  He definitely passes the eye test and he has those games where he blows up for over 150 yards so I think he's talented.  I have a few theories, he is supposedly a very quiet guy so maybe there's always been a communication issue between Amari, Derek and the coaches.  I think there's a pretty good chance they're not on the same page and need to figure s--- out (it's a new system keep in mind).  I for one liked him for a rebound and potential breakout year, so let's hope they get this figured out asap cause they're losing games and not getting the ball to Amari has got to be part of the problem.

Rule #1 in the NFL, you never give up on talent.

Edited by skye2388
23 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

Truth is nobody can really say for sure.  I for one think that a lot of people in this thread are overreacting, esp the ones saying to drop him. 

I'm not ready to give up on him yet.  I still think he's super talented but no one knows for sure why he has such inconsistency.  He definitely passes the eye test and he has those games where he blows up for over 150 yards so I think he's talented.  I have a few theories, he is supposedly a very quiet guy so maybe there's always been a communication issue between Amari, Derek and the coaches.  I think there's a pretty good chance they're not on the same page and need to figure s--- out (it's a new system keep in mind).  I for one liked him for a rebound and potential breakout year, so let's hope they get this figured out asap cause they're losing games and not getting the ball to Amari has got to be part of the problem.

Rule #1 in the NFL, you never give up on talent.

Doesn't having talent involve being good?

Or are you saying rule no. 1 is never give up on a first round pick

6 hours ago, DillyDilly said:

You came to the wrong place.

Lol yea after I typed that I was like yea um I’m def going to get some flack for typing that. ?

Edited by chud12