NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

if Amari is your wr1 then you have a problem

If Amari is your wr2 then you will have week to week anxiety

if Amari is your flex then you are doing ok and should be able to accept the volatility with a n above average flex that can be a weekly winner

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

if Amari is your flex then you are doing ok and should be able to accept the volatility with a n above average flex that can be a weekly winner

This exactly 

• Like 2
On 9/28/2018 at 4:11 PM, Zak0221 said:

POOP TROOP lets go ! 

Looking forward to 4-35 or 9-145-1  - you just never know which its gonna be !

he had 8-128-1 - I was pretty damn close! 

( too bad I benched him for Allison when the Cobb inactive came in, damn ) 

It's the story of a rather inconsistent WR with an inconsistent QB and inconsistent play calling.

Look at the targets: 3/10/5/12

He's been fine when actually targeted. He' went 10/10 and 8/12 in his two big games.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

It's the story of a rather inconsistent WR with an inconsistent QB and inconsistent play calling.

Look at the targets: 3/10/5/12

He's been fine when actually targeted. He' went 10/10 and 8/12 in his two big games.

This is very true. He needs double digit targets regardless of the rest of the offense. This is why he is frustrating. You know he can produce, but the play calling doesnt allow him too. It looks like his hands have improves a smidge as well. Give the man 10 targets and let him eat!

Edit: Play calling/Carr doesnt allow him to. lol

Edited by Zekepeak86
4 hours ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Fair to say that the vast majority of Cooper owners started him on his duds and benched him on his blowups?  Sigh.

He can't be trusted in fantasy or real life to put up any kind of consistency. I'd only consider starting him if he was my last resort at flex. He is an ideal sell high due to a couple big weeks and name value.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

He can't be trusted in fantasy or real life to put up any kind of consistency. I'd only consider starting him if he was my last resort at flex. He is an ideal sell high due to a couple big weeks and name value.

Agree with you But the big problem with selling high is that anyone who has played fantasy football knows Amari Cooper.    I drafted him this year based on comments from Gruden and how they were going to use him.   And he was pretty high on many experts' boards.   And mentioned by several as a potental WR1 (for the season).

I'll still roll with him in the flex and sometimes WR2. 

Was expecting some volatility but was thinking the floor would be 8-10 ppr points per game.

4 hours ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Fair to say that the vast majority of Cooper owners started him on his duds and benched him on his blowups?  Sigh.

I dropped him thinking he would get shut down by Denzel Ward, so of course he blew up. You're welcome, guys!!

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Agree with you But the big problem with selling high is that anyone who has played fantasy football knows Amari Cooper.    I drafted him this year based on comments from Gruden and how they were going to use him.   And he was pretty high on many experts' boards.   And mentioned by several as a potental WR1 (for the season).

Was expecting some volatility but was thinking the floor would be 8-10 ppr points per game.

if that was his floor, then amari would be a consensus WR1...

27 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I drafted him in auction based on the potential with Gruden getting the most out of Carr.

Now it has been a roller coaster but if he continues to have more good games than bad then we have something.  Yes we know of his struggles over the past and you can't predict when he will have a good game but maybe, just maybe things are slowly turning around.

Have to see if they can get him consistent targets each game... 8-10+.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, astrongcupofjoel said:

if that was his floor, then amari would be a consensus WR1...

Sure.   But that was the gamble with him this season.   

With Gruden talking about using him out of the slot and making him the focal point, 7-10 targets per game seemed reasonable and supported his WR1 potential.   

Several experts ranked him in the top 12.    And I think his ADP was just outside of the top 12 WR.  

Even with my comments above he was on my bench. I'm just glad I didn't need him.  But I'm comfortable sitting on him for the next while to see if he can keep it up.

Maybe there is still a buy low opportunity here in my keeper leagues.  Anyone trading him or trading for him? What is this guys value? He just turned 24 and is very young - crazy that this is his 4th year.

Does he keep getting better and is this finally his breakout year? Or is he Hakeem Nicks 2.0.

9 hours ago, dashoe said:

This

9 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Even with my comments above he was on my bench. I'm just glad I didn't need him.  But I'm comfortable sitting on him for the next while to see if he can keep it up.

Maybe there is still a buy low opportunity here in my keeper leagues.  Anyone trading him or trading for him? What is this guys value? He just turned 24 and is very young - crazy that this is his 4th year.

Does he keep getting better and is this finally his breakout year? Or is he Hakeem Nicks 2.0.

I have him and would love to offload him but i just did a trade so im holding for now...This is a trade value chart, idk how reliable, but its something for you to consider and the players he is surrounded around. The first number is current, the second number is last week

Allen Robinson 24 23 +1
Robert Woods 21 15 +6
Cooper Kupp 19 12 +7
Kenny Stills 19 18 +1
Kenny Golladay 19 12 +7
Marvin Jones 18 21 -3
Chris Hogan 18 21 -3
Quincy Enunwa 18 14 +4
Doug Baldwin 18 20 -2
Amari Cooper 17 22 -5
Keelan Cole 17 17
Nelson Agholor 16 21 -5
Chris Godwin 15 10 +5
Tyler Lockett 14 14
Randall Cobb 13 19 -6
Julian Edelman 13 12 +1
Sammy Watkins 13 9 +4
DeSean Jackson 11 9 +2
Devin Funchess 11 11

^^This was heading INTO week 4 before his big game

Edited by Zekepeak86
2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I have him and would love to offload him but i just did a trade so im holding for now...This is a trade value chart, idk how reliable, but its something for you to consider and the players he is surrounded around. The first number is current, the second number is last week

Allen Robinson 24 23 +1
Robert Woods 21 15 +6
Cooper Kupp 19 12 +7
Kenny Stills 19 18 +1
Kenny Golladay 19 12 +7
Marvin Jones 18 21 -3
Chris Hogan 18 21 -3
Quincy Enunwa 18 14 +4
Doug Baldwin 18 20 -2
Amari Cooper 17 22 -5
Keelan Cole 17 17
Nelson Agholor 16 21 -5
Chris Godwin 15 10 +5
Tyler Lockett 14 14
Randall Cobb 13 19 -6
Julian Edelman 13 12 +1
Sammy Watkins 13 9 +4
DeSean Jackson 11 9 +2
Devin Funchess 11 11

^^This was heading INTO week 4 before his big game

I'd rather have Cooper than anyone on that list except Robinson, Woods, and Cupp. 

Just now, K197040 said:

I'd rather have Cooper than anyone on that list except Robinson, Woods, and Cupp. 

And yea...if you can get anyone on the rams, you should be happy. That offense is gold. Cooper still holds value due to not a bunch of weapons around him it all comes down to carr getting him the targets. anything over 8 targets and he puts up respectable numbers like said by prior posters today/yesterday.

5 minutes ago, DillyDilly said:

I'm starting him next game so you all should bench him.

I am not kidding. Guy hasn't scored more than 2 points in my line up since last year.

Thank you for your service. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/1/2018 at 7:08 AM, dashoe said:

This is so right.  

He WAS my WR1.  Made a trade for a legit WR1 after I realized I was doomed.
I thought of having him become my WR2, but his inconsistency is too maddening.  
He now resides as my Flex and I feel pretty optimistic with his upside and don't really care if he's not great.. I mean, he's just my flex. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

And yea...if you can get anyone on the rams, you should be happy. That offense is gold. Cooper still holds value due to not a bunch of weapons around him it all comes down to carr getting him the targets. anything over 8 targets and he puts up respectable numbers like said by prior posters today/yesterday.

I just traded Cooper for Cooks :o