NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

20 minutes ago, thejosef said:

This is so right.  

He WAS my WR1.  Made a trade for a legit WR1 after I realized I was doomed.
I thought of having him become my WR2, but his inconsistency is too maddening.  
He now resides as my Flex and I feel pretty optimistic with his upside and don't really care if he's not great.. I mean, he's just my flex. 

I drafted him as my WR2 going in. But I also drafted many other receivers with upside just to be safe because Cooper has shown he's kind of an idiot. After week one the WR2 dream ended and he won't be anything more than a WR3, which is fine for me.

That's what he is...a boom or bust WR3, until he displays more consistency. So yea, I probably overpaid for Cooper again, just as I'm sure many others did.

Expecting less than 2 points this week because that's what Cooper does. But that's ok, because I refuse to rely on this guy for points anymore. Anything he does is a bonus.

Edited by DillyDilly
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I just traded Cooper for Cooks :o

My god that is phenomenal. I’m gonna try it lol

.... nvm I can’t. Guy who has cooks made the j cook/Ridley for m Gordon trade already ?(I got Gordon) 

congrats!

Edited by Zekepeak86

I think that is a decent deal for both sides. Amari could end up stabilizing and then that guy wins big in that trade. And it looks like the other owner is attempting to cash in and sell high on Cooks, Kittle, and Boyd. Although it looks like Cooks will finally be consistent this season.

3 hours ago, devaster said:

I think that is a decent deal for both sides. Amari could end up stabilizing and then that guy wins big in that trade. And it looks like the other owner is attempting to cash in and sell high on Cooks, Kittle, and Boyd. Although it looks like Cooks will finally be consistent this season.

Cooper was a headache, were better off apart ^_^ 

21 minutes ago, DillyDilly said:

Who’s scared of Casey Hayward and him turning Amari into a pooper? I know I am.

From what I just read online about the vikings defensive scheme is that they run pure man to man coverage a third of the time. So Idk. I think it depends on what the offense shows and the overall flow of the game. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Child_Please said:

Vikings? 

Casey is gonna shadow Cooper everywhere I'm guessing.  This is setting up as a dud game for Amari. 

It’s definitely going to be a dud game.... but not cause of Hayward. But because he’s in my line up.

• Like 3
On 10/2/2018 at 11:23 PM, iretirefromfantasy said:

Well I also threw in Hyde as well. 

I received Cooks, Kittle and Boyd

You made out like an absolute bandit.  Congrats, brother.

As far as this week, I want NOTHING to do with Cooper going against Heyward.  Which probably means he will go off.  Ah, such is the life for Amari owners.

Edited by JJ1223
6 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

You made out like an absolute bandit.  Congrats, brother.

As far as this week, I want NOTHING to do with Cooper going against Heyward.  Which probably means he will go off.  Ah, such is the life for Amari owners.

Thanks Sir! I was sick of dealing with him each week. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

Raiders offense effecieny has been improving and Hayward isn’t the corner he was last year since the chargers haven’t been able to establish a pass rush.

The issue with Cooper is rarely the matchup (although I agree, the matchup this week is better than most think), it's whether Cooper chooses to show up or not. 

Putting together back to back big games would be a step in the right direction. He is still only 24 so hopefully there is still time for him to figure it out.

• Like 1

I said this earlier and I ignored my own advice causing Cooper's good week on my bench so this week and moving forward I am going to try to stick with what I already said about owning Cooper:  trying to guess which week will bust or which week will boom will result in picking incorrectly 100% of the time because thats fantasy football!  

If you are an owner of this guy, you are essentially stuck with his hills and valleys otherwise you risk ONLY getting valleys if you keep picking the incorrect times to use him.  At the end of the season ( barring injury ), Cooper should finish in the top 25 very easily as long as things keep progressing for the Raider's offense.  All that production might only appear in half the upcoming games so at this point just stick him in your flex and enjoy a high ceiling.  Trading him now is selling low even after the solid week.  If he has another solid outing this week, your trade ability with him increases dramatically but if he bombs you are basically stuck with him.

Hope this helps ! 

• Like 1