Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Amari Cooper 2018 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, kretan182 said:

I deserve to go winless the rest of the season since I took Pooper right before Thielen was grabbed in my 3rd round draft. I knew how inconsistent he was last season but I bought into the Gruden new offense hype.

 

Expect Jordy and Bryant to get 8-9 targets each, and Cooper to drop 2 of his 3 targets this Sunday.

 

So many whiffed on Thielen and I always liked him, never at his price vs Diggs but the fact is the QB's he has been playing for favor the underneath wr. Classic example of look at the situation and not simply the talent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, mjb03003 said:

His down weeks have come against the Rams (Peters/Talib), the Dolphins (X. Howard), and the Chargers (Hayward). 

 

Studs perform against all matchups, but judging from the box scores Carr simply doesn't throw at elite corners, and Cooper's stats obviously suffer as a result. 

 

Jordy getting more run in the slot at the expense of Cooper is part of the problem here. Cooper has a much more difficult time shaking shadow coverage when he's stuck on the outside. 

This is pretty much it. Only start Cooper when he has a obvious good matchup.

Edited by mongidig
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, mongidig said:

This is pretty much it. Only start Cooper when he has a obvious good matchup.

I love Amari owners talking themselves into starting him and listing off all the conditions that need to go right for him to be successful. The same thing happened last season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2018 at 2:32 PM, DillyDilly said:

I'm starting him next game so you all should bench him.

 

I am not kidding. Guy hasn't scored more than 2 points in my line up since last year.

And the streak continues. I'm benching him this week so everyone throw him out there. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has Cooper been dropped in any of your guys leagues? I was surprised to see the 3rd place team drop him for a bye-week fill in at QB. His droppable players were John Brown, Corey Clement, Chris Thompson, and maybe Derrick Henry. He chose to drop Cooper for Winston as Brees is on bye.

 

A bit surprised although I understand the frustration as a Cooper owner myself in another league

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen Amari dropped in 2 leagues. He reminds me of Dez Bryant in the last two years. So much potential that you can't bring yourself to drop him.

 

But, once you drop him, you feel so much better, especially if you drop him for a guy like Kenyan Drake in 2017 or OBJ in 2016.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, bsong71 said:

I've seen Amari dropped in 2 leagues. He reminds me of Dez Bryant in the last two years. So much potential that you can't bring yourself to drop him.

 

But, once you drop him, you feel so much better, especially if you drop him for a guy like Kenyan Drake in 2017 or OBJ in 2014.

 

FTFY.

 

Seriously doubt OBJ was available for pickup in 2016.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

If Amari produces this week and then they have the bye, can we count on him producing in Week 8? Since he didn't officially play in Week 7?:lol:

 

You hope during the Bye someone on the coaching staff points out how he disappears during the odd weeks and they put in a plan to rectify the situation 

 

#fantasyownersfantasy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

You hope during the Bye someone on the coaching staff points out how he disappears during the odd weeks and they put in a plan to rectify the situation 

 

#fantasyownersfantasy

Hope so, because I dumped Jordy Week 2 and then that guy actually became the most consistent WR for Oak. His floor games should be those good games Jordy is having outside of the 30-point he did a few weeks ago. Frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So many analyst hate on cooper when really you can’t blame him if he’s not getting any targets. When he does get the targets he has been producing. Carr really doesn’t like throwing to shutdown corners so I guess whenever cooper is matched up with a shutdown. Don’t start him. Maybe they should game plan a bit and move there best receiver around so they can get him the ball. Anyway I’m starting cooper this week. What you all think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Vancouverite91 said:

So many analyst hate on cooper when really you can’t blame him if he’s not getting any targets. When he does get the targets he has been producing. Carr really doesn’t like throwing to shutdown corners so I guess whenever cooper is matched up with a shutdown. Don’t start him. Maybe they should game plan a bit and move there best receiver around so they can get him the ball. Anyway I’m starting cooper this week. What you all think?

I think you should be prepared for 1 point.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I'm finally cutting this guy. Derek Carr sucks.

 

fixed. 

 

I kid.  I can't cut the dude for some reason (Talent! ..they say).  I'm leaving Amari Poopfest on my bench this week.  He is my least favorite player, BY FAR.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

I'm finally sitting this guy. Derek Carr sucks.

 

sitting amari cooper, the wr who's less reliable than keke coutee, the guy who's on par with taywan taylor and keelan cole for great talent + production 3% of the time?

 

dropping cooper at this point seems like a crafty move: someone in your league will pick him up and play him. dropsy.

 

When-Waiter-Asks-You-Need-Moment-Look-Ov

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

The natural comparison to this bum is Derrick Henry. Anyone who has both of them on their roster... please try and trade them to humor all of us here to see what you could receive for that stud package

tim meadows raise hand GIF

 

I will not try to trade them. Not worth it. I will park them at the end of my bench where they belong. Henry will be dropped soon, but Cooper can be a bye week filler that I won't use on bye weeks.

Edited by DillyDilly
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

The natural comparison to this bum is Derrick Henry. Anyone who has both of them on their roster... please try and trade them to humor all of us here to see what you could receive for that stud package

 

I know this is AC ish. But I got Mack for him. Garbage out, garbage in. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...