NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

He still didn't see his 1st target until the 3rd Raiders drive. I've seen enough to know I'll never start Amari this season as long as he is on the Raiders. If he isn't traded before the deadline I'm dropping him.

Your free to do whatever you want with your team. Still don’t think he’s a flat out drop unless your actually going to play the player you pick up. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Your free to do whatever you want with your team. Still don’t think he’s a flat out drop unless your actually going to play the player you pick up. 

I'd rather see my opponent see the name value and pick him up and start him against me for 0-1 points. I did it last season with Doug Martin. There have already been some stories this season of owners doing that with Amari and it back-firing on the owners that picked him up.

Sometimes a strategy to sabotage other owners pans out. There are players on the wire in my 10-teamer I'd be comfortable starting over Amari if I needed to. He is currently my WR5 and was drafted as my WR2.

Picking up a player that could pay dividends later is also beneficial. Amari has no trade value either.

I've had Amari in every season of his career prior to this one. So I'm very familiar with his highs and lows. And I've been trying to help those of you who have Amari. I really have. I've been posting periodic updates on his career history, so you're fully aware of what he is. And here's the latest update, after today's 0 catch game.

Cooper has now played in 53 NFL games (including one playoff game).

He's been held under 50 yards in 28 of 53 games...so 52.8% of his career games.

In 2015, he was under 50 yards in 8 of 16 games.

In 2016, he was under 50 yards in 7 of 17 games (including the playoff game). 

In 2017, he was under 50 yards in 9 of 14 games.

In 2018, he is under 50 yards in 4 of 6 games.

Setting the bar even lower, Cooper is statistically more likely to get 20 or less yards in a game (15 of 53 career games, so 28.3% of his games) than to get 100 yards (13 of 53 career games, so 24.5%). 

This is every game of his career...

5-47-0

7-109-1

8-134-0

4-49-1

4-47-0

5-133-1

5-46-0

7-88-1

5-79-0

1-4-0

7-115-0

4-69-0

0-0-0

6-120-2

2-10-0

2-20-0

6-137-0

5-71-0

4-62-0

5-48-0

6-138-1

10-129-0

4-29-0

12-173-1

6-56-0

4-57-1

4-22-0

2-59-1

5-29-0

1-18-0

5-76-0

4-39-1

2-10-0 (playoffs)

5-62-1

4-33-0

1-6-0

2-9-0

1-8-0

5-28-0

11-210-0

5-48-0

4-58-0

3-28-1

1-9-1

0-0-0

3-66-1

3-115-1

1-9-0

10-116-0

2-17-0

8-128-1

1-10-0

0-0-0

Added bonus! Today was his 3rd career game with no catches. And his 12th career game (out of 53, so 22.6% of his games) with 10 or less yards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

NFL needs to get their s**t together.  All the ridiculous roughing the passer penalties they've called that have been completely clean then they don't call a flag on this play where the defender clearly lowers his head and leads with his helmet as hard as he possibly can right into the side of Amari's head.  Absolutely ridiculous there was no penalty called.  

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'd rather see my opponent see the name value and pick him up and start him against me for 0-1 points. I did it last season with Doug Martin. There have already been some stories this season of owners doing that with Amari and it back-firing on the owners that picked him up.

Sometimes a strategy to sabotage other owners pans out. There are players on the wire in my 10-teamer I'd be comfortable starting over Amari if I needed to. He is currently my WR5 and was drafted as my WR2.

Picking up a player that could pay dividends later is also beneficial. Amari has no trade value either.

He has zero trade value I agree and he can score zero agree with that too but he can also score 20 or more. That’s whats scary about dropping him. That’s why he’s terrible to own. For me it’s hard to drop someone like that. And it’s hard to start him at the same time.

6 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He has zero trade value I agree and he can score zero agree with that too but he can also score 20 or more. That’s whats scary about dropping him. That’s why he’s terrible to own. For me it’s hard to drop someone like that. And it’s hard to start him at the same time.

I mean... you can apply that same logic to any random WR that blows up a couple times during the season. Albert Wilson, Taylor Gabriel, Jakeem Grant, Robby Anderson, etc. All those guys are far more likely to put up a goose egg every week than they are you hit their ceilings, just like Amari.

Time to face the sad truth about the WR2 we all drafted.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, devaster said:

I mean... you can apply that same logic to any random WR that blows up a couple times during the season. Albert Wilson, Taylor Gabriel, Jakeem Grant, Robby Anderson, etc. All those guys are far more likely to put up a goose egg every week than they are you hit their ceilings, just like Amari.

Time to face the sad truth about the WR2 we all drafted.

I get that. But what I’m saying is cooper is still more likely to get started over them. Like if he’s dropped more than likely someone would at least pick him up. For bye weeks mainly. This was just such a bad week for him to get injured. 

A trade would be brutal. Trading WRs in the offseason makes it tough for them to learn the playbook and build rapport with the QB. An in-season trade would be a lost cause.

Hopefully he gets healthy and we can pinpoint his "breakout" games every other week or whatever.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, austin316 said:

A trade would be brutal. Trading WRs in the offseason makes it tough for them to learn the playbook and build rapport with the QB. An in-season trade would be a lost cause.

Hopefully he gets healthy and we can pinpoint his "breakout" games every other week or whatever.

Rather just drop him than “pinpoint” what games he’ll lay a turd and which games he won’t. I mean at least in 8-12 team leagues there’s guys on the waiver you can do the exact same thing with, ones with safer floors most likely too.

The Raiders are seeking a 1ST ROUND PICK for Cooper???

OK, I gave them a chance to prove they know what they're doing (which I believed was gutting this team for picks to peak when in Vegas).  Now I have to think they're absolutely clueless, especially if they think they can get anything better than a very generous 5th for Cooper at this point

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

OK, I gave them a chance to prove they know what they're doing (which I believed was gutting this team for picks to peak when in Vegas).  Now I have to think they're absolutely clueless, especially if they think they can get anything better than a very generous 5th for Cooper at this point

I’m not sure if Gruden is the stupidest SOB in the league, or he has a sense of humor...

I wouldn’t acquire Cooper for anything more than a 4th round pick, and that would have to be incentivized.

8 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I think Amari is worth a 2nd round or possibly 1st. He is very talented. The Raiders have definitely devalued him by not featuring him consistently, but that appears to be on Carr. I don't see why it wouldn't be a similar situation to Cooks.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I think they can get a 3rd Rd pick for him. No higher though. He's a 2x Pro Bowl selection. I think he suffers from a bad QB and in 2017 he played through ankle injury. This year I believe his QB has just regressed considerably.

Edited by FitzMagic
1 minute ago, devaster said:

I think Amari is worth a 2nd round or possibly 1st. He is very talented. The Raiders have definitely devalued him by not featuring him consistently, but that appears to be on Carr. I don't see why it wouldn't be a similar situation to Cooks.

Yeah, it makes no sense. If they wanted to deal him they should have definitely been targeting him more in the offense.