NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

Just now, dashoe said:

This trade does zero for fantasy owners unless you have a rabid Dallas homer in your league

I have about 4 in my 10-teamer. It is about 50/50 Philly and Dallas fans and then a few scrubs. Can't wait to put him on the block again in that league.

10 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Well it is easy to pick apart just looking at the Cowboys giving up first round picks for WRs in the last decade or so (see: Roy Williams, Joey Galloway). 

Except Cooper already has more Pro Bowl appearances in three seasons (2) than Williams and Galloway had combined in 24 seasons (1). 

DqHx7iDUUAE_VcP.jpg

Doesnt really matter who it is, Gallup, Dez or Cooper - the offense is not built around making a lot of big plays and unfortunately even when the opportunities might be there, this QB misses some of his best opportunities.  Look at Gallup down the left side, obviously shook CB again with same double move that he scored on earlier, yet Dak didnt go that route looked it off held too long and resulted in sack and scoop TD by the Redskins.  Given where Cooper's production has been the last season and a half - I would have hoped that it would not take a first rounder to get him, was talking yesterday about what i would give, I said Second and guy I was talking to who was not a Raider or Cowboy fan thought a second was too much.  

Jerry has given up 3 first round picks to trade for WR during his tenure - 2 for Joey Galloway and 1 plus other picks for Roy Williams, both of them were serious flops.  Hopefully this works out better.  

Don't see how this is bad news. Gets traded to a team that obviously values his rather highly and looking for a WR1. Even if Dak isn't that great he should get more consistent targets and is still a big play guy. He still probably a WR2 at best but I think his arrow is pointing up. Minimally the trade improves the chances for you to actually trade the guy if another owner is more optimistic about the change of scenery. 

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

This trade does zero for fantasy owners unless you have a rabid Dallas homer in your league

Gotta love it when a player's situation is already defined by forum posters before the player has even stepped on the field with his new team. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Cdub2k said:

You’re thinking of the NBA. In the NFL you don’t need top picks to be successful. To use the Patriots as one out of several examples they haven’t had a Top pick since the mid 90s. 

Thats because they have arguably the best QB /coach of all time for the last decade and a half. For teams without a decent qb (like Oakland) having three 1st round picks and being awful is the easiest way to get competitive again. Look at the Browns this year they went from 1-31 over a two year span to being pretty decent overnight largely as a result of their having a bunch of high draft picks last year. I know they are only 2-4-1 but they’ve been in overtime in 2 of their losses and have a bright future     

2 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Don't see how this is bad news. Gets traded to a team that obviously values his rather highly and looking for a WR1. Even if Dak isn't that great he should get more consistent targets and is still a big play guy. He still probably a WR2 at best but I think his arrow is pointing up. Minimally the trade improves the chances for you to actually trade the guy if another owner is more optimistic about the change of scenery. 

It’s not bad news per say. Just irrelevant news.

• Like 1
Just now, disasterisk said:

Gotta love it when a player's situation is already defined by forum posters before the player has even stepped on the field with his new team. :rolleyes:

Yeah you gotta love it when you can look at historical data and see that mideseason wr trades usually wind up being ineffective production for fantasy purposes.. . .:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, jnormy said:

Except Cooper already has more Pro Bowl appearances in three seasons (2) than Williams and Galloway had combined in 24 seasons (1). 

Does that give you more or less confidence in the move in regards to how they evaluate talent and determine value?

Regardless how Amari performs, the Cowboys gave up too much.  

Edited by Grayson2401
2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It’s not bad news per say. Just irrelevant news.

Yeah it is looking like that may be the case. But it creates optimism and uncertainty and with how bad Cooper was on the Raiders I think that can only be a positive for his fantasy value even if the actual results will be roughly the same. 

Just now, Grayson2401 said:

Does that give you more or less confidence in the move?

Regardless how Amari performs, the Cowboys gave up too much.  

I do think the Cowboys overpaid, but I think some folks are underrating Cooper's fantasy value here. It's all about targets, and you'd better believe Dallas will be feeding him plenty. I'm not a huge Dak fan either, but when Amari was given double digit targets from Carr and the s##t show that was the Raiders, he produced 116 yards (with 10 catches on 10 targets) and 128 yards and a TD.  How is that in any way, shape, or form droppable? 

Sometimes a change of scenery is what you need, just ask Randy Moss. Cooper has never had the luxury of playing on a team with a beast like Zeke in the backfield. Who was scared of any Raider RBs? He's going to see a lot of one on one coverage....

As long as Dak has him as his primary read every passing play, I am thrilled however I had Dez last year, so my expectations are tempered but Dez was horrid last year, slow and lots of drops.  Cooper could actually be the best WR Dallas has had during Dak's reign. 

2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Sometimes a change of scenery is what you need, just ask Randy Moss. Cooper has never had the luxury of playing on a team with a beast like Zeke in the backfield. Who was scared of any Raider RBs? He's going to see a lot of one on one coverage....

CoS has nothing to do with it. Moss was going to Pats + Brady.