NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

1 minute ago, BallDontLie said:

Dak isnt much better and the Cowboys play calling is even worse than Oaklands, the Cowboys run the most vanilla offense in the league...And the Raiders throw the ball more than Dallas...

Check downs to Jalen Richard isnt throwing the ball

• Haha 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

Truth but the dude saying dumb s--- like he wasnt facing CB1s in Oakland was foolish. This helps Amari's fantasy season bc he basically was worthless to the point of near dropping.  I think there is some hope here that maybe a bond can be formed and Amari will actually maybe look interested in these games since this team viewed him as a valuable commodity.  Id sure try harder for that organization than the previous one...

I think in a Dak situation Dak has to at least make the effort and get some targets to Amari to get this offense moving and take pressure off of zeke. He can't cole beasley his way to winning games

Metrics show Coop has held his own this year and had solid separation on his routes. Carr is so terrified of Gruden that he's gone risk-adverse and scared, and stopped throwing up 50/50 balls to Amari. In return, Amari has phoned it in at times. 

For his personal value, this is the best case scenario for Cooper. There's a glaring need, Dallas has shown faith/trust/value by investing a huge price into him, and hopefully he gets his mind back on doing his job and not letting the mediocrity around him pull him down. Dallas CANNOT be worse than his situation in Oakland, and once he gets targets (he will) and builds some chemistry (he might), he should be a consistent 7-80 kinda guy with a little bit of ceiling. WR2.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Bill_Buckner said:

Thats because they have arguably the best QB /coach of all time for the last decade and a half. For teams without a decent qb (like Oakland) having three 1st round picks and being awful is the easiest way to get competitive again. Look at the Browns this year they went from 1-31 over a two year span to being pretty decent overnight largely as a result of their having a bunch of high draft picks last year. I know they are only 2-4-1 but they’ve been in overtime in 2 of their losses and have a bright future     

And that's why I said that I'll use the Patriots as ONE of many examples of teams not needing Top picks to be successful. 

And The Cleveland Browns organization actually proves my point more than whatever point your trying to make. The Browns have had a Top 10 pick for damn near the past 25 years. Ignoring that long history of ineptitude and only focusing on the last 2 years is kind of terrible. How can that possibly be a good analogy for your point? 

I can use Kansas City as another example of a well run NFL franchise. They had 3 bad years to close out the 2000's. Since 2010 they have been very competitive every year (except 2012). There are some franchises (like the Browns) who are constantly picking high in the draft but they still suck despite the system being setup for them to be successful. Why? It's a front office issue. The people they hire, their scouting team, their player development (Coaching staff hires). Everything they do reflects whats on the field. Just look at the LA Rams. The Coaching Regime that was in there couldn't win 4 games with the same guys that are in there now. Now all of a sudden they "Have a bright future". Well they wouldn't have had a bright future with the previous coaching staff in there. That's how fragile success can be in the NFL. It's more than just your Draft Position. It's who you pick in the draft and how you develop that talent that makes you successful! That's what I am ultimately trying to say here. 

1 minute ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Rumor is Cowboys were in a bidding war with Skins for Cooper and Jerry didn't want him falling in the hands of a divisional rival. He overpaid big time. 

Two teams competing to see who can get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, dashoe said:

I think in a Dak situation Dak has to at least make the effort and get some targets to Amari to get this offense moving and take pressure off of zeke. He can't cole beasley his way to winning games

Correct. However he is awful and will continue to Beasley his way into L's because he is too stupid to know anything else.

The play calling in Dallas has been atrocious for a long time, the only thing masking it was Romo and his genius offensive mind (which is now evident as a sports caster with him predicting multiple plays and analyzing defenses pre-snap on teams he never played for or against in just a few quick seconds). The difference now is the Cowboys QB is a big dumb dumb and is not smart or good enough to hide the ridiculous coaching.

This is a horrible situation for both Cooper and the Cowboys. ABSURD.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, BallDontLie said:

Actually Carr's average per pass is greater than Dak...Try again.

Dude Dak is also trash, I never said he was great or this makes Cooper a stud holy moly people on these forums haha

My only take away from this is 'it cant be worse than Oaklad' and Dallas has now shown Cooper hes valuable to them ( 1st round pick ) 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Correct. However he is awful and will continue to Beasley his way into L's because he is too stupid to know anything else.

The play calling in Dallas has been atrocious for a long time, the only thing masking it was Romo and his genius offensive mind (which is now evident as a sports caster with him predicting multiple plays and analyzing defenses pre-snap on teams he never played for or against in just a few quick seconds). The difference now is the Cowboys QB is a big dumb dumb and is not smart or good enough to hide the ridiculous coaching.

True unless this move completely backfires and the Cowboys go on a lose every game, then us Cowboys fans can only hope it's the final nail in the coffin for Ginger

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
7 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Rumor is Cowboys were in a bidding war with Skins for Cooper and Jerry didn't want him falling in the hands of a divisional rival. He overpaid big time. 

Almost.  Eagles..... who offered their 2nd.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Mahomet said:

Metrics show Coop has held his own this year and had solid separation on his routes. Carr is so terrified of Gruden that he's gone risk-adverse and scared, and stopped throwing up 50/50 balls to Amari. In return, Amari has phoned it in at times. 

Pretty sure that’s like every target for Cooper

• Haha 1

Well, this will be fun to watch. I really hope this resurrects Cooper's career, but I still can't shake the drops out of my head. It's going to hurt if he does ball out in Dallas.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
We don't need to know about your roster moves.
2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Almost.  Eagles..... who offered their 2nd.

WTF are the eagles doing wanting Cooper?  They have good receivers.... and offering a 2nd?

What is going on... Then Oakland gets a first from DAL.  So here we are. As an owner in a keeper league I think it is a sell "high" moment. I'm getting offers already for him and I don't think it's worth holding (for me at least) waiting to see if Dak improves and can make Cooper fantasy relevant week to week.  We know Cooper can have his blow-up weeks, but can he be a consistent starter?

I think I might get off this train.

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Dude Dak is also trash, I never said he was great or this makes Cooper a stud holy moly people on these forums haha

My only take away from this is 'it cant be worse than Oaklad' and Dallas has now shown Cooper hes valuable to them ( 1st round pick ) 

I agree with you....but if people think this saves Copper it doesnt, he leaves one dysfunctional situation for another one. There is zero reason why Jason Garrett should have a job he is a terrible coach that squandered the Cowboys super bowl window...If Garrett is gone end of season Amari has a chance next year. 

• Root Admin
Just now, Big Nate said:

WTF are the eagles doing wanting Cooper?  They have good receivers.... and offering a 2nd?

What is going on... Then Oakland gets a first from DAL.  So here we are. As an owner in a keeper league I think it is a sell "high" moment. I'm getting offers already for him and I don't think it's worth holding (for me at least) waiting to see if Dak improves and can make Cooper fantasy relevant week to week.  We know Cooper can have his blow-up weeks, but can he be a consistent starter?

I think I might get off this train.

If it's in redraft and you can get something relevant or something you can start (don't post them here), I would suggest seriously looking at moving him.  Who's the last WR traded in mid-season that played at a top 20 level ROS.  I'm sure someone's out there, but the point is it's rare.  And while Cooper will help this season, you may not see it in his fantasy stats.  He has to learn his 3rd system in the last year and the Cowboys are a run first team.  

In Dynasty, it's a much more difficult decision and will be a function of package presented and where you are in the standings.  It's highly likely the Cowboys end up moving on from Linehan in the offseason and probably Garrett too, unless they can win a playoff game.  The system will most likely be very different so hard to know what the offense will look like.  In a vacuum, you generally bet on talent but depends on what you're trying to achieve this year in a dynasty setting.  I'd recommend folks go to the AC Forum if they want good, sound advice for trade options for Cooper in both type of leagues...

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

THIS EXACTLY 

Obviously Jerry's not losing out in a bidding war. Too bad as I think Cooper could have done better in Washington or Indy. Obviously NFL teams have a way different view of Cooper than the fantasy community.

But the Cowboys paid a heck of a price and could look like fools here. The coaching staff will be under heavy pressure to get this guy going.

Edited by LongBalls