NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Obviously Jerry's not losing out in a bidding war. Too bad as I think Cooper could have done better in Washington or Indy. Obviously NFL teams have a way different view of Cooper than the fantasy community.

But the Cowboys paid a heck of a price and they'll look like fools if Cooper doesn't bust out there. The coaching staff will be under heavy pressure to get this guy going.

Apparently fantasy community too. He cleared waivers when I dropped him. He got snagged as soon as rumors came out yesterday that a trade was imminent.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

As a Colts diehard I was kindof hoping he'd end up in Indy.  I think he'd do better with Luck throwing to him, and TY drawing coverage.  

I'm picking him up from FA just bc I drafted him in the 4th and I'm a sick egomaniac.  If this bitch is gonna blow up, he's gonna be on MY bench!

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

As a Colts diehard I was kindof hoping he'd end up in Indy.  I think he'd do better with Luck throwing to him, and TY drawing coverage.  

I'm picking him up from FA just bc I drafted him in the 4th and I'm a sick egomaniac.  If this bitch is gonna blow up, he's gonna be on MY bench!

Some guy got him before I could pick him back up. But I don't really have any room for him now so maybe it is for the best. No Regerts.

19 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Hmm...

Offered a 2nd for a wr?

Wonder what that might mean for Leveon?

Hes not even that good in real life to be shipped off for a 1st round pick lmao, yeah it’s definitely possible Bell gets traded if he reports back

28 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

And that's why I said that I'll use the Patriots as ONE of many examples of teams not needing Top picks to be successful. 

And The Cleveland Browns organization actually proves my point more than whatever point your trying to make. The Browns have had a Top 10 pick for damn near the past 25 years. Ignoring that long history of ineptitude and only focusing on the last 2 years is kind of terrible. How can that possibly be a good analogy for your point? 

I can use Kansas City as another example of a well run NFL franchise. They had 3 bad years to close out the 2000's. Since 2010 they have been very competitive every year (except 2012). There are some franchises (like the Browns) who are constantly picking high in the draft but they still suck despite the system being setup for them to be successful. Why? It's a front office issue. The people they hire, their scouting team, their player development (Coaching staff hires). Everything they do reflects whats on the field. Just look at the LA Rams. The Coaching Regime that was in there couldn't win 4 games with the same guys that are in there now. Now all of a sudden they "Have a bright future". Well they wouldn't have had a bright future with the previous coaching staff in there. That's how fragile success can be in the NFL. It's more than just your Draft Position. It's who you pick in the draft and how you develop that talent that makes you successful! That's what I am ultimately trying to say here. 

I’m simply saying that it is a faster, better rebuild process when you completely clean house and get a bunch of high draft picks than when you retain a few good players within your otherwise awful team and finish with a 6-10 record for multiple consecutive years. 

I’d want my team to finish 0-16 rather than 6-10 and I’d want my team to trade my 2-3 highly valuable commodities for more 1st round picks while also practically guaranteeing myself a better draft slot if I were in the raiders’ shoes as opposed to keeping Cooper/Carr/whatever else they have that holds any value at the moment and potentially finish 4-12 after winning some otherwise meaningless games in December. 

Derek Carr has been awful; not sure if you guys have been watching, but he is obviously not Gruden's QB of the future....Cooper was getting separation per metrics, but lacked focus at times.

Play action over the top to Cooper at least 3-4 times a game now; he goes to a bankable 6-12 targets a game, maybe more if the Cowboys offense wakes up; they definitely have the best Oline in the NFC east right now; opens things up for Zeke too.  He was basically unstartable in Oakland, this is very good news for Cooper owners, and most def buy low on him; he's an upside WR2 IMO by Week 10 and beyond.

• Like 2
  • Root Admin
2 minutes ago, dsmoke1986 said:

Derek Carr has been awful; not sure if you guys have been watching, but he is obviously not Gruden's QB of the future....Cooper was getting separation per metrics, but lacked focus at times.

Play action over the top to Cooper at least 3-4 times a game now; he goes to a bankable 6-12 targets a game, maybe more if the Cowboys offense wakes up; they definitely have the best Oline in the NFC east right now; opens things up for Zeke too.  He was basically unstartable in Oakland, this is very good news for Cooper owners, and most def buy low on him; he's an upside WR2 IMO by Week 10 and beyond.

I think Gruden dumps Carr in the offseason.  However, you are correct.  Carr has been one of the 5-6 worst QBs in the league this year.  Cooper separates and was doing well when passed to.  I think he only dropped 1 ball this year, so he was doing his job.  The QB wasn't doing his.  Will this change in Dallas?  No idea, but Cooper's still very talented and very young.  4 year vet at 24.

• Like 2
Just now, Vivens26 said:

Who’s the raiders number 1 receiver now? 

Jordy. But that's like asking who their number one RB is now. Either way it's a total dumpster fire.

Edit: Jared Cook if you want to throw him in there.

Edited by kball09
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Yeah you gotta love it when you can look at historical data and see that mideseason wr trades usually wind up being ineffective production for fantasy purposes.. . .:rolleyes:

So is it definite or usual? Because your previous statement was a definitive. 

2 minutes ago, Vivens26 said:

Who’s the raiders number 1 receiver now? 

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

Jordy. But that's like asking who their number one RB is now. Either way it's a total dumpster fire.

Edit: Jared Cook if you want to throw him in there.

Well put @kball09

The situation at WR is similar to the situation that they have at RB. You just dont know.

The #1 receiver could be Richard like James White for the Pats.

Traditionally, I would pencil in Jordy.

50 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I just don’t like it for the Cowboys because it looks like an overpay.   Amari isn’t signed long term, might not be worth signing long term, and the Cowboys could easily go something like 6-10 and have given up a top 10 pick. 

38 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

True unless this move completely backfires and the Cowboys go on a lose every game, then us Cowboys fans can only hope it's the final nail in the coffin for Ginger

I hadn’t really thought about it like that.  In that case it’s a win/win for the Cowboys. 

• Like 1

As a lifelong cowboys fan I have completely mixed opinions on this. The Cowboys have been very conservative with picks and in free agency lately. It was probably about time to make a splash. I don't like the price at all. As far as the player goes it's a dice roll that Amari Cooper's issues were a result of Oakland's organizational dysfunction. I'm not going to pretend that the Cowboys are the best organization out there but they do take care of their players for the most part and it's generally a stable locker room which is a  big bonus for Cooper. I think he'll be pretty productive. I just don't know if it will be 1st round pick productive ha.

9 minutes ago, dsmoke1986 said:

I agree with this, unfortunately hasnt been any better and Dallas is a run first offense...Gruden now has 3 number 1 picks in the next draft, the Raiders pick will be top 5 maybe and Cowboys pick top 10-12 maybe and the Bears pick should be late...Carr is gone. 

16 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Can’t be worse than Carr can it? And coop isn’t even startable in Oakland so might as well hope this helps 

Good sir, you have never watched a Raider game I assume

Dak is a boon for Amari. I mean not WR1 over night but owners are gonna love the 5-6 weekly catches with upside, BOOM!!!