NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Any national games coming up? I want to witness this disaster (Dallas) with my own eyes.

Dallas is the Fox game of choice like every week.  It sucks because they are awful. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Any national games coming up? I want to witness this disaster (Dallas) with my own eyes.

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

Dallas is the Fox game of choice like every week.  It sucks because they are awful. 

Even better 11/5. MNF - National stage viewing pleasure

Edited by Zekepeak86
28 minutes ago, dsmoke1986 said:

Derek Carr has been awful; not sure if you guys have been watching, but he is obviously not Gruden's QB of the future....Cooper was getting separation per metrics, but lacked focus at times.

Play action over the top to Cooper at least 3-4 times a game now; he goes to a bankable 6-12 targets a game, maybe more if the Cowboys offense wakes up; they definitely have the best Oline in the NFC east right now; opens things up for Zeke too.  He was basically unstartable in Oakland, this is very good news for Cooper owners, and most def buy low on him; he's an upside WR2 IMO by Week 10 and beyond.

Question - have you owned Cooper in past years?

This guy has so much talent but it is so frustrating to own him.  As mentioned before I'm definitely leaning towards trading him in my keeper league... His value has never been higher.  Yes he could blow up, but you never know when you can start him.  Good luck guessing which weeks he's going to go off for 20pts.  The rest of the weeks he hides.

I thought Gruden would get the most out of Cooper but I was wrong.... well he did get the most (a #1 draft pick) but that sure didn't help us for fantasy purposes. Can Dak make Cooper a consistent WR2 even?  Can you feel confident starting him EVERY week. (Especially in standard scoring).

For those keeping him I wish you the best and hope he has a great future. For those who have owned him for a number of years and know the frustration maybe, just maybe shopping him around will get you something good.  I can't mention it in this thread but I actually got a juicy offer as a keeper... maybe its worth seeing what is out there.

• Like 2

The only thing that may help is the cowboys have Zeke. The raiders run game is nothing special. Only bad thing is Garrett and Dak. We shall see, maybe he comes in with something to prove and a change of scenery helps. Then again, he could also not care and think he is still something special because he sees he is still valued like a first rd pick. Wouldve been a nice insult for maybe a 4th and 6th.

18 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

New team, same suspect hands. Dak isn't exactly some world beater either. 

The volume will be there, but If you can get something safer for Cooper, I'd sell. 

We don't even know if the volume is there yet tho, they are still a run first team and Daks still going to spread the ball around. It'll be interesting to see how this works out.

1 minute ago, DezBryant88 said:

We don't even know if the volume is there yet tho, they are still a run first team and Daks still going to spread the ball around. It'll be interesting to see how this works out.

I think volume will be there.  If Dallas doesn’t want to look like total idiots on this deal they are going to do everything they can for Cooper to succeed including force feeding him a ton of targets.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lla887 said:

I think volume will be there.  If Dallas doesn’t want to look like total idiots on this deal they are going to do everything they can for Cooper to succeed including force feeding him a ton of targets.  

If they cared about not looking like idiots they wouldnt have traded a 1st round pick for Cooper in the first place. 

• Like 2
Just now, lla887 said:

Since Dak has taken over he and that offense refuse to force feed anyone other than Zeke. There was a select few times where Dak would force the ball to Dez to make him happy and it just didn't work out. Dak isn't that type of QB he has to spread it around and use his legs to be successful. Then again why give a 1st rounder for a guy you wouldn't involve heavily... Its up in the air for me being a Cowboys fan because one week they look like they have figured it out with the play calling and then the next week the play calling is atrocious.

3 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Since Dak has taken over he and that offense refuse to force feed anyone other than Zeke. There was a select few times where Dak would force the ball to Dez to make him happy and it just didn't work out. Dak isn't that type of QB he has to spread it around and use his legs to be successful. Then again why give a 1st rounder for a guy you wouldn't involve heavily... Its up in the air for me being a Cowboys fan because one week they look like they have figured it out with the play calling and then the next week the play calling is atrocious.

I dont think the Jax game was when they figured it out play calling if thats what you were referring to. I think Jax this yr is just bad on D and their offense is bad. With that said, dak isnt the guy to lead them to a super bowl ring, neither is garrett. I would like to think having Amari and giving up a first rd pick that he would be featured behind zeke. Dallas can feature multiple players. Dak just has to be more accurate and the play calling and how they use amari needs to be near perfect.

15 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

I drafted him super early his rookie year in a keeper bc my last name is Cooper as well and I thought he was the truth to boot. 

Not having this player on my squad is the second most liberating thing outside of not owning Henry anymore. 

Some players have all the talent in the world but never reach their potential due to a myriad of issues. Julio running sand dunes by Manhattan beach CA in offseason with T Owens to get in top shape and dominate the league, maybe Cooper doesn't work hard enough, in any event, If I owned Coop and someone saw this event as a boon to Coop's prospects going forward, I'd sell for the right player. 

How many times has Coop led the league in drops? At least once. 

As an Amari owner, I was waiting for him to get traded.  I see this as a positive for Amari's value, better team, better o-line, better RB and better defense.  The only question mark is whether or not Dak can throw him the ball.  I love the fact that the cowgirls gave up a 1st rounder for him too :D

Now that I got Chubb and Amari taken care of, let's see if McCoy gets dealt ahead of the deadline B)

I'm not a big believer in just because a team trading for a player guarantees heavy involvement and touches. Teams tend to keep doing what they do and try to work a guy in to what their team was already doing.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I dont think the Jax game was when they figured it out play calling if thats what you were referring to. I think Jax this yr is just bad on D and their offense is bad. With that said, dak isnt the guy to lead them to a super bowl ring, neither is garrett. I would like to think having Amari and giving up a first rd pick that he would be featured behind zeke. Dallas can feature multiple players. Dak just has to be more accurate and the play calling and how they use amari needs to be near perfect.

The Jax game was one game I was referring to because they were running bootlegs and rolling Dak out, allowing him to use his legs on read options plays, play actions etc. They do this about every other game then they have games where every things up the middle with Zeke and Daks firmly placed in the pocket, which he's not good at he's not a pocket passer. He's like a poor mans Cam Newton.

Dak takes home run shots down field about 3-4 times a game, this is where I believe Cooper and the offense will benefit most by bringing him in. Open things up downfield so Dak can take more shots. All this doesn't matter tho if the coaches continue to not play call to Daks abilities.

Just now, BallDontLie said:

Wait so Tavon Austin wasnt the answer?

Tavon was brought in to be nothing more than a returner and gimmick guy. He's comes in for jet sweeps and the occasional bomb downfield. So no he wasn't the answer lol.

Cooper's ledger includes good and bad stats, according to ESPN Stats & Info.

The good:

• He's catching 73 percent of his targets this season.

• In the two games during which he was targeted at least 10 times, he had at least 100 yards receiving.

• He's been used inside and outside with 31 percent of his routes coming from the slot.

•  

The bad:

• He's only been targeted on 15 percent of his routes this season, which is the fourth-fewest for receivers with a minimum of 30 targets. He's had just two targets on 28 routes in his last two games.

• His 22 career drops are third-most since he entered the league in 2015.

• He only has six targets of 15-plus yards this season, which is tied for 83rd in the league.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4767779/cowboys-admit-wr-committee-was-a-mistake-hope-cooper-is-a-no-1

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1