Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Amari Cooper 2018 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

Predictions for tomorrow? 

 

He'll get a huge target share but (1) it's Cooper, so he'll drop a couple and (2) it's Duck Prescott, so some will be uncatchable.

 

All in all though I think in this game Jerry will want Cooper to be force-fed so it isn't so obvious how badly he got snookered in this trade.  So he will probably have a big game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

I need him to be 18 pts or less in my 1/2 PPR dynasty league to win.  I'll be sweating, because I do feel like its about as 50/50 as you can get.   

I put the chance of the under at over 90%. No where near 50/50. 50/50 would be something like 6-8 points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I put the chance of the under at over 90%. No where near 50/50. 50/50 would be something like 6-8 points.

 

As other posters said, I think he gets force fed a few balls no matter what.  Hopefully Tennessee anticipates that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Brotherbock said:

 

Yeah, I'm moved by the whole 'they're going to throw at him a lot to prove they didn't overpay' argument.

 

Total line will be:

 

Targets: 25

Catches: 6

Drops: 5

Yards: 70

So the other 14 targets are inaccurate throws from Dak? Sounds about right.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

 

As other posters said, I think he gets force fed a few balls no matter what.  Hopefully Tennessee anticipates that.  

This a zeke 1st offense not a show the world Amari can catch the ball because we traded him for a 1st offense.  I think Amari will have a few plays called just to legitimately stretch the field and keep the defense honest, because that is what helps the run game, expect galloway to benefit from this coverage too.

 If Dak hit on a couple of thse throws then it makes life easier for the cowboys.

 

The trade is validated if Dal wins games and executes their offense the way they want, not because Amari catches a bunch of targets looks like a stud and they still lose.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

 

The trade is validated if Dal wins games and executes their offense the way they want, not because Amari catches a bunch of targets looks like a stud and they still lose.

 

 

If they 'coulda' had him for a 2nd or 3rd, then just winning may not be enough to validate that trade. I mean, Ricky Williams played some good ball for the Saints. But was Ditka validated in giving up 14 first round picks, 20 million in pure heroin, the last living manatee, and the secret to cold fusion just to be able to draft the guy? 

 

To validate a 1st rounder, Cooper has to clearly be one of the reasons they win. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

This a zeke 1st offense not a show the world Amari can catch the ball because we traded him for a 1st offense.  I think Amari will have a few plays called just to legitimately stretch the field and keep the defense honest, because that is what helps the run game, expect galloway to benefit from this coverage too.

 If Dak hit on a couple of thse throws then it makes life easier for the cowboys.

 

The trade is validated if Dal wins games and executes their offense the way they want, not because Amari catches a bunch of targets looks like a stud and they still lose.

 

 

This all makes sense....

 

for a competent organization

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...