Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Recommended Posts

Just now, Zak0221 said:

 

You fail to see any upside while glossing over the two statistics that reveal he has some upside in Dallas.

 

Amari is a WR3 with WR2 upside now while he was nearly droppable/ forever benched in Oak.

 

praise Jerrah

 

Yeah I worded that wrong, what I meant I don't see him having wr1 upside as many hoped when they drafted him.  Of course things are better in dallas then when he was in oakland, but its still hard for me to start him over some of my other options.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, idtran said:

I'm not sure what to think here.  The targets and td were nice, but really hard to see upside with how terrible Dak and cowboys looked. 

It puts him on the WR3 radar with WR2 upside. There aren't going to be many WR1-2's that appear out of nowhere this late in the season, even with injuries. So now Amari can actually be relied on as WR depth on your roster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remembering what slacker Corey Davis did against the Eagles, I am starting to think Amari has a super day today and with that Eagles secondary play of late + they have key injuries, I do not see how Cooper does not have 8-10 targets to be honest

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Remembering what slacker Corey Davis did against the Eagles, I am starting to think Amari has a super day today and with that Eagles secondary play of late + they have key injuries, I do not see how Cooper does not have 8-10 targets to be honest

8-10 targets should be expected now. But the quality of those and with Dak throwing the ball is the question. I don't have high expectations going forward. He is firmly in the WR3 territory and his upside is capped by Dak and the Dallas offensive scheme.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, devaster said:

8-10 targets should be expected now. But the quality of those and with Dak throwing the ball is the question. I don't have high expectations going forward. He is firmly in the WR3 territory and his upside is capped by Dak and the Dallas offensive scheme.

 

 

Even with that hemorrhaging Eagles secondary and the current injuries you cannot see Amari getting 5-6 catches tonight?

 

Dak is going to have 35+ attempts, that is already booked based on what other QB's have done vs PHI, Bortles, Mariota, Eli......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, henchforlife said:

 

 

Even with that hemorrhaging Eagles secondary and the current injuries you cannot see Amari getting 5-6 catches tonight?

 

Dak is going to have 35+ attempts, that is already booked based on what other QB's have done vs PHI, Bortles, Mariota, Eli......

Where did I say he won't get 5-6 catches. I fully expect that. I just don't have high expectations of quality of accurate targets that Amari can do much damage with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, devaster said:

Where did I say he won't get 5-6 catches. I fully expect that. I just don't have high expectations of quality of accurate targets that Amari can do much damage with.

 

I thought your take was on the money.  He will get the targets and catches but 5/50 could be the norm.  Most games without the TD.  If nothing else Amari has suddenly become a solid floor play but we may not see the blowup games.  At least the 1 catch games should be a thing of the past.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Small sample size, but Derek Carr had to be the problem. He looks terrific, even with Dak missing him every other throw.

 

I actually feel comfortable plugging him in as a WR3 now.

Edited by GriffeySwag
Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see him have a decent floor now. Thanks for nothing Chucky! I dropped him a week before he got dealt because I didnt think any team would be stupid enough to give up a 1st rd pick. Well, I forgot Dallas existed. Now go smash Nas’ daughter tonight, you deserve it Amari!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Small sample size, but Derek Carr had to be the problem. He looks terrific, even with Dak missing him every other throw.

 

I actually feel comfortable plugging him in as a WR3 now.

Carr wouldn’t throw to him. I’m sure Dak is told to throw to their new toy. Unlike in Oakland the Cowboys are actually trying to feature him. And of course Carr is the problem, just look at Cook and Jordy. Both are garbage on that team. 

Edited by FitzMagic
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a couple chances for a long bomb td but dak missed him. Still seems real solid and runs great routes. Definitely a starter and could be even better moving forward. Honestly might have been worth a first round pick considering how young he is and how he is already dangerous as opposed to waiting for a rookie to get adjusted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Dak being bad at throwing the deep ball might cap Amari's upside this season. 

 

Not a lot of 100+ receiving yards in the cards when Dak can't throw over 30 yards with any consistent accuracy.

 

Yeah...Dak is clearly not a good QB.    He can't even hit someone in stride on short screens.    So I agree that it Cooper's ceiling is probably capped somewhat.  

 

But I'm very happy with the targets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, spidybl said:

Had a couple chances for a long bomb td but dak missed him. Still seems real solid and runs great routes. Definitely a starter and could be even better moving forward. Honestly might have been worth a first round pick considering how young he is and how he is already dangerous as opposed to waiting for a rookie to get adjusted.

 

He may well be worth it if Dallas can find a quarterback.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Problem #1 QB play

-Dak doesnt throw where his wr's should be he waits until he sees if they are open before he passes

-Dak does not like throwimg  the high risk deep ball to stretch the field

-Dak will have 3 seconds in the pocket and still hesitate to make the throw

-Dak is comfortable taking the underneath pass plays, he doesnt want to win with his arm because he wants to avoid turnovers

Dak is Alex Smith version 3.0 but raw and unpolished

 

Problem #2 unbalanced offense

- zeke is the feature and this offense is built around getting zeke the ball

 

in my view the targets are not worth much if the QB play doesnt improve.  Amari is  a big play wr, not a short yardage catch specialist.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is you can plug in Amari during a bye week or due to injuries and except 5-7 catches and 50-70 yards. His floor is much better in Dallas. The bad news is Dak sucks with his deep accuracy and that limits Amari's ceiling and overall upside.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dashoe said:

in my view the targets are not worth much if the QB play doesnt improve.  Amari is  a big play wr, not a short yardage catch specialist.

He is good at breaking wr screens for TD's so maybe they can get him involved in some of those. Still has  a solid floor and maybe he and dak get clikcing and dak hits him in stride for a long bomb. They were so close last night to one

Edited by spidybl
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, WaiverHero said:

Just traded for him. Needed a WR2 with a solid floor + upside to pair next to juju 

Same. I traded him away for Josh Gordon earlier in the season, and got him back for Calvin Ridley + Jordan Howard. 

 

I like his usage thus far and, as much as I hate owning Cowboys players, it definitely seems like his suckage in Oakland was due to Carr being bad. 

 

What are expectations this week?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 11:51 AM, dashoe said:

 

Problem #1 QB play

-Dak doesnt throw where his wr's should be he waits until he sees if they are open before he passes

-Dak does not like throwimg  the high risk deep ball to stretch the field

-Dak will have 3 seconds in the pocket and still hesitate to make the throw

-Dak is comfortable taking the underneath pass plays, he doesnt want to win with his arm because he wants to avoid turnovers

Dak is Alex Smith version 3.0 but raw and unpolished

 

Problem #2 unbalanced offense

- zeke is the feature and this offense is built around getting zeke the ball

 

in my view the targets are not worth much if the QB play doesnt improve.  Amari is  a big play wr, not a short yardage catch specialist.


All good points. But everything yous said about Dak, can pretty much be said about Carr. And when Carr fed Cooper with targets, we saw big games from Cooper (128/116). 

 

The reason Cooper owners should be optimistic is because Jerry traded a 1st round pick for him and they have no other viable WRs. So we are looking at 8-10 targets a week which will always lead to a very solid floor for Cooper and a decent ceiling if they can get the timing down on the deep shots. 

 

I consider him a high upside WR2 ROS.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another good match-up this week. Target share is great and definitely an upgrade following the trade. But yes, Dak sucks at throwing downfield so it hurts the big play opportunities. I'd say he's a top-24 WR ROS.

Edited by LongBalls
Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely discounted the possible change of scenery for him this year. I dropped him earlier this year- obviously did not like the situation and the Raiders offense. The talent's been there, albeit inconsistent.

 

Looks like he's found new life in Dallas, and can be a dependable WR2/WR3 borderline. Not really what people paid for, but something that's serviceable.

 

Wish I held onto him but it is what it is. Lessons to learn for next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...