NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But...but...but...

Cooper sucked on the Raiders so he is guaranteed to suck on the Cowboys.  Last year's stats prove that!

I don't see anyone saying that in the most recent discussion.

22 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

Cooper will get no separation vs Lattimore next week and will put up another stinker. 

Lattimore just had a bad game against Calvin Ridley and as a whole is kinda struggling this season. So I wouldn’t be too scared of the matchup.

25 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

No, I don't waste early round draft picks. And if you started him yesterday, you got lucky and your team sucks, or you're in a very deep league.

Lot of people likely started due to byes.  Not because their team sucks.  That’s what I did.  Definitely feel lucky though 

7 minutes ago, mongidig said:

That's how I'm reading it. That would be laughable.

Regarding Cooper over Thielen, that is limited to the rest of this season.  And also the rest of their respective careers.

10 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Lattimore just had a bad game against Calvin Ridley and as a whole is kinda struggling this season. So I wouldn’t be too scared of the matchup.

Actually wasn't Lattimore.  The 50 yd rec was on Williams, Lattimore came up to get Ryan and Williams who had deep coverage let Ridley run by him and the td was against a zone.

Edited by youngrice
error
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

My RoS outlook: 15-20 range.

Things holding him back is the Dallas passing offense. Redskins gifted possessions to cowboys.

upside: redzone passing threat with little competition from other WR or TE.

Like I said, the other receivers above him play in a much friendlier offense. These offenses can support multiple WR1s, Vikings and Rams. And their floor on their yardage is much more stable.

Cooper does have some good matchups in the next 3/4 weeks including a championship week dream date against the Bucs. Will be interesting to see how he does against the Saints next week.

Maybe, just maybe the problem was that patheticly run franchise in Oakland?  I'm not saying Amari is a WR1.  But, there is no reason he can't rank anywhere from 12 to 20 among fantasy WR's?  It has to more than coincidence that any and everything that goes the Raiders, turns into instant excrement.  You take a WR (Raiders, real life) in round one, he's productive, yet every other game, receives less than 5 targets.  Makes less than no sense.  Well, unless you're playing for the team that wears silver and black.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

I don’t think we can restrict the talk to just Lattimore vs Cooper.  The Falcons have better receiving weapons than the Cowboys so the Saints had to account for more  players.   I think this could be a tough  game for Cooper but if he gets the 10 targets, he should be fine.  I’m thinking a floor of around 10 and a ceiling of around 20.   

Lets not forget that Cooper has had a historically bad drop rate since coming into the league. Also, he has never been a good red zone target. When he gets the long easy TD's like this week he will put up the numbers. I think he will be mostly a 5-50..6-60 type most weeks with the occassional 3-20 and maybe one more 7-140-2 outing.

3 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Maybe, just maybe the problem was that patheticly run franchise in Oakland?  I'm not saying Amari is a WR1.  But, there is no reason he can't rank anywhere from 12 to 20 among fantasy WR's?  It has to more than coincidence that any and everything that goes the Raiders, turns into instant excrement.  You take a WR (Raiders, real life) in round one, he's productive, yet every other game, receives less than 5 targets.  Makes less than no sense.  Well, unless you're playing for the team that wears silver and black.

Agree.  I don’t think he has the talent of someone like Hopkins who is probably a WR1 on any team.   But I do think he’d put up WR1 numbers if he was on a different team.   

Cooper's rocking around a 70% catch rate this year, so doesn't seem to have a drop problem. He's right around the Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs level in terms of that ratio. It seems anyone complaining about his drop rate is stuck in 2017.

Edited by LongBalls
1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Actually wasn't Lattimore.  The 50 yd rec was on Williams, Lattimore came up to get Ryan and Williams who had deep coverage let Ridley run by him and the td was against a zone.

But Ridley also beat Lattimore like a drum on several other routes last night.  I am not too worried about Lattimore.  We are not talking Revis Island.

39 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Cooper's rocking around a 70% catch rate this year, so doesn't seem to have a drop problem. He's right around the Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs level in terms of that ratio. It seems anyone complaining about his drop rate is stuck in 2017.

And 2015............Seems to be a bit of a history here don't you think?

2018 drop rate.........Very small sample size.

Edited by mongidig
39 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2018/11/23/fantasy-football-amari-cooper-is-here-to-stay/

He isn't playing with someone who tried thier best not to give him the ball anymore guys.

Nice article, thanks for the link.  Party on, Cooper peeps.

8 minutes ago, mongidig said:

And 2015............Seems to be a bit of a history here don't you think?

2018 drop rate.........Very small sample size.

I'd put a bit more weight on his last 70 targets versus stats from 2015, but maybe that's just me.

• Thanks 1
Just now, LongBalls said:

Uhhh. I care about my 2018 fantasy season and he's looking pretty good? Touch base in a couple weeks?

I think we will have a much better idea of his true value in a couple weeks. I'm hoping for the best.