Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

1. tons of talent, just had a terrible surrounding cast before moving to Dallas. 

2. He's scoring at rates that are high-level WR1 in the past 6 weeks. . . he's a must start ROS, especially with these juicey playoff matchups Dallas faces. 

3. I disagree with the "low floor argument" since arriving at Dallas. In PPR formats, he's broken 10 points in 5 of his 6 games as a Cowboy, and his one real 'bust' was 2nd week with them when he went 3 for 36. Important to note that even the perennial WR Gods like Antonio Brown have games like that here and there (see: today). 

4. these above stats are also factoring in his first games after arriving in a brand new offense. In the last three weeks, he's gone absolutely nuts for 26 receptions, 473 yards, and 5 TDs. While I don't project THESE stats to be sustainable, he's absolutely a guy who will give you WR1 numbers moving forward, and while I didn't think this would happen to THIS degree even after his move to Dallas, I'm now convinced. I'm all in on him next season. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metalmat said:

If you can make it to week 16 he gets to play against the Bucs AT HOME on none other than Festivus! Oh lordy

 

tenor.gif

 

 

 

The league favorite has Mahomes, McCaffrey, Barkley and Cooper.  If I'm lucky enough to make it to the championship game I'll get scorched by this dude.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shaman0610 said:

1. tons of talent, just had a terrible surrounding cast before moving to Dallas. 

2. He's scoring at rates that are high-level WR1 in the past 6 weeks. . . he's a must start ROS, especially with these juicey playoff matchups Dallas faces. 

3. I disagree with the "low floor argument" since arriving at Dallas. In PPR formats, he's broken 10 points in 5 of his 6 games as a Cowboy, and his one real 'bust' was 2nd week with them when he went 3 for 36. Important to note that even the perennial WR Gods like Antonio Brown have games like that here and there (see: today). 

4. these above stats are also factoring in his first games after arriving in a brand new offense. In the last three weeks, he's gone absolutely nuts for 26 receptions, 473 yards, and 5 TDs. While I don't project THESE stats to be sustainable, he's absolutely a guy who will give you WR1 numbers moving forward, and while I didn't think this would happen to THIS degree even after his move to Dallas, I'm now convinced. I'm all in on him next season. 

I think he can still have a low floor due to history and the scheme he is playing in in Dallas and Dak at QB. This isn't anything new. We have seen this from Amari his first two seasons in the league. We all know his ceiling. The main difference is recency bias and everyone only remembering last season and the 1st half of this season. Which his current situation is no doubt better than the last season and half.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is a beast and will be carrying a lot of people to the 'ship.  Everyone always said that we'll always be waiting on Amari to reach his potential after a few dud years with overrated and overpaid Derek Carr..  Well, looks like he's finally gotten there again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, devaster said:

I think he can still have a low floor due to history and the scheme he is playing in in Dallas and Dak at QB. This isn't anything new. We have seen this from Amari his first two seasons in the league. We all know his ceiling. The main difference is recency bias and everyone only remembering last season and the 1st half of this season. Which his current situation is no doubt better than the last season and half.

 

if you are rightfully going to bring up recency bias, then you shouldn't ignore his first seasons in the league. 

second, I'm not projecting him forward based on weeks 12 and 14. He's had one real "dud" week since joining Dallas and it's not that far off compared to many other WR1s in terms of dud week frequency. Yes, he's going to swing more wildly than many of the other WRs, but he's getting a reliable number of targets in Dallas and expecting 6 receptions for 80 yards a week as his floor is a comfortable and conservative estimate moving forward, now that he's obviously gotten comfortable in this offense. How many other guys this point in the season that will slot in at flex that can floor ya at double digits and ceiling at almost 50 points? 

Mike Evans or DeSean Jackson (retro) seem like OK comparisons in terms of his season-like projections and his game-to-game swings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, championship or bust said:

Pump what brakes?

 

numbers dont lie. Almost 500 reception yards and 5 touchdown last 3 games. 

 

Best wr right now. Name me a player with those numbers last 3 games.

 

 

Hottest player over three games, maybe. Best receiver? Hell no.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tax77 said:

If Jerrah signs him, which we know he will he will. Copper will go around right after the turn. The dude is explosive. 

look, i get that you guys are excited because he had a great game and he's on your team, but cooper going early 2nd round is ridiculous.

He's probably a back end WR1 at best for 2018

You forget that Zeke is and will continue to be the driving force of this offense and the passing volume won't be there as long as that's the case, and also Dak is not a great passer.

 

Recency bias guys, look it up.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Hottest player over three games, maybe. Best receiver? Hell no.

 

Thank you, everybody needs to seriously pump the brakes here. "Best WR"? This dude legitimately looked like one of the worst receivers in the league last year where at one point I was certain I could catch a football better than he could. Dude is definitely as hot as they come right now but 3 games is a bit too soon to be hailing this guy as the best WR when he isn't even really a complete receiver and has a worrisome drop history. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

look, i get that you guys are excited because he had a great game and he's on your team, but cooper going early 2nd round is ridiculous.

He's probably a back end WR1 at best for 2018

You forget that Zeke is and will continue to be the driving force of this offense and the passing volume won't be there as long as that's the case, and also Dak is not a great passer.

 

Recency bias guys, look it up.

Don't have him on any of my teams, and I'm glad hes gone as far as fantasy but if this guy keeps on going getting 50% of the target share, how is he not a 2nd round pick? I guess we'll see how he finishes but his production right now is insane. He wins weeks. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

Don't have him on any of my teams, and I'm glad hes gone as far as fantasy but if this guy keeps on going getting 50% of the target share, how is he not a 2nd round pick? I guess we'll see how he finishes but his production right now is insane. He wins weeks. 

Ok

My incorrect assumption that you have Cooper on your fantasy team does not make your massive overvaluing of Cooper for 2019 more valid

 

Also you earlier called him an early 2nd round pick, you are already hedging to simply a "2nd round pick"

 

The only way he breaks into the top WR1 range is if he does something truly historic from here through the playoffs. I'm talking about challenging records for yardage in a game or total yardage/production in consecutive games.
I'm now repeating myself: Zeke is the main cog of the offense. They're a run first offense and Dak isn't a great passer. You're apparently in denial about these things, because you would have to be to consider Amari's draft outlook for 2019 as "after the turn" or anything even close to that.

He's probably a 3rd rounder in PPR, at best, barring something historic, as stated above.

Probably would need a Cowboys deep playoff run as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He is on a run first offense with mediocre to bad QB play. This caps his season long upside as a back-end WR1 at best. I’d take him in the fifth. In the 4th you should for sure be able to find a player that is a top option on a top offense before diving into the guys with non-ideal situations.

Edited by MJJ28
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

look, i get that you guys are excited because he had a great game and he's on your team, but cooper going early 2nd round is ridiculous.

He's probably a back end WR1 at best for 2018

You forget that Zeke is and will continue to be the driving force of this offense and the passing volume won't be there as long as that's the case, and also Dak is not a great passer.

 

Recency bias guys, look it up.

I guess we'll see how he finishes the year in a Cowboys uniform, hes pro rated right now for 1700 yards in a Cowboys uniform over 16 games and the only WR that has demonstrated comparable upside is HIll. I wouldn't draft him on the turn but the guy right now is a monster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

Ok

My incorrect assumption that you have Cooper on your fantasy team does not make your massive overvaluing of Cooper for 2019 more valid

 

Also you earlier called him an early 2nd round pick, you are already hedging to simply a "2nd round pick"

 

The only way he breaks into the top WR1 range is if he does something truly historic from here through the playoffs. I'm talking about challenging records for yardage in a game or total yardage/production in consecutive games.
I'm now repeating myself: Zeke is the main cog of the offense. They're a run first offense and Dak isn't a great passer. You're apparently in denial about these things, because you would have to be to consider Amari's draft outlook for 2019 as "after the turn" or anything even close to that.

He's probably a 3rd rounder in PPR, at best, barring something historic, as stated above.

Probably would need a Cowboys deep playoff run as well. 

 

2 180 and 2 TD games in a 4 week span after being traded mid season.

 

Amari's talent is on par with the best WRs in the league. All he lacked was volume. For all those who think Oakland Raiders Amari is the same as Dallas Cowboys Amari you are sadly mistaken. 

 

I'd rather have Amari Cooper than Antonio Brown for this year's playoff run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

who is the best receiver right now? thielen? keenan? tyreek?

 

numbers dont lie, rookie.

Must be a millennial. I should have known better. You are right! After three games, he is now better than Julio, OBJ, Hopkins all put together! Jesus Christ. Buddy, I’m not knocking Cooper at all. However, let this thing play out before you start riding his nuts so hard. That’s all. How many best receivers can there be at one time? Apparently, put together a couple good games and you qualify. I remember when Marlon Mack was the best RB in fantasy and untradeable! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...