NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

I was high on Cooper pre-season, then was tempted to drop early in the year but held on and Cooper has rewarded all of us that had faith in him. 

It's great to be on an offense where teams have to focus on an elite RB and there are no other legitimate threats at WR/TE. He bailed many of us out yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

He did turn out to be this year's Gurley (like someone said very early on), just needed a trade, and obviously not the #1 player like Gurley was.  Just fits the mold.  Uber elite talent coming off a bad year and can be had at a discount.  Who is next year's? Looks like Fournette at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

He did turn out to be this year's Gurley (like someone said very early on), just needed a trade, and obviously not the #1 player like Gurley was.  Just fits the mold.  Uber elite talent coming off a bad year and can be had at a discount.  Who is next year's? Looks like Fournette at the moment. 

Amari was not discounted at his ADP. He is at least performing to his ADP now.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, devaster said:

Amari was not discounted at his ADP. He is at least performing to his ADP now.

I dont think he was a crazy discount, but he was less than previous recent years where he was a 2nd rounder. Gurley went from top 4 pick to end of first early 2nd the previous year. 

Edited by brockpapersizer

Please Cooper one more monster 'Amari' week and I can get into the Superbowl !

Its crazy because there was 7 min left and this dude had like 45 yards rec on a ho hum day then BOOM.  

Hopefully Indy scores some pts on this defense, no idea why Dak doesn't throw it to Cooper deep at least a couple times a game. 

Edited by Zak0221
5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

2 180 and 2 TD games in a 4 week span after being traded mid season.

Amari's talent is on par with the best WRs in the league. All he lacked was volume. For all those who think Oakland Raiders Amari is the same as Dallas Cowboys Amari you are sadly mistaken. 

I'd rather have Amari Cooper than Antonio Brown for this year's playoff run.

None of these things have anything to do with his 2019 draft stock, which was the only topic of discussion in the quote of mine you replied to

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

None of these things have anything to do with his 2019 draft stock, which is the topic of discussion in the quote of mine you replied to

I think Amari's performance ROS has everything to do with his 2019 draft stock. I'm not exactly sure what else it would be based on.

If you watch, Amari he has been setting records. I'm not sure a WR has ever been traded mid season and in a 3 game stretch had 2 games with 180 or more yards and 2 or more TDs. Jerry already said he is earning some money. Won't be surprised to see him get Davante Adams type of money.

Amari is in the middle of a season where he and Dak are just learning to play with each other and he looks amazing. If they develop even better chemistry then next year after a full off-season they could develop a connection that will give Amari a safe consistent floor and a few blow up games perseason, which would be well worth a late 1st or early 2nd draft pick. How Amari performs against Ind and Tampa along with how he performs in the playoffs will go a long way to determining his ADP, it is skyrocketing already. After his last 4 week alone he won't make it out of the 3rd in competitive leagues.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think Amari's performance ROS has everything to do with his 2019 draft stock. I'm not exactly sure what else it would be based on.

Yeah, I already broke all that down. You can go back and read it. I'm not re-litigating what I've already said.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If you watch, Amari he has been setting records.

Records in the DerrickHenrysCleats record book, or...?

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What you cited is not a record kept by the NFL.

Thus, the comment about DerrickHenrysCleats record book.

Feel free to correct me about the record not being kept with a citation/link, rather than something conjured from your imagination.

Just to clear up where we're at here

I said Amari needs to have a record breaking run to be a top end WR1 in next year's FF draft.

DerrickHenrysCleats is now inventing records to claim Amari broke them because... I don't know why.

Edited by Cotton Jones
2 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

No:

Looks like the dow right now, lots of volatility.

Selective memory at its finest. If I was real petty I'd go back in the thread to after the Atlanta game (one of worst secondaries in the league) to see what people were saying about the "best WR in the league". 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

What you cited is not a record kept by the NFL.

Thus, the comment about DerrickHenrysCleats record book.

Feel free to correct me about the record not being kept with a citation/link, rather than something conjured from your imagination.

Just to clear up where we're at here

I said Amari needs to have a record breaking run to be a top end WR1 in next year's FF draft.

DerrickHenrysCleats is now inventing records to claim Amari broke them because... I don't know why.

Cooper became the first player in NFL history to have three go-ahead touchdown receptions in the fourth quarter and later of a single game.

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/12/alabama-nfl-roundup-amari-cooper-makes-history-for-dallas-cowboys.html

3 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Selective memory at its finest. If I was real petty I'd go back in the thread to after the Atlanta game (one of worst secondaries in the league) to see what people were saying about the "best WR in the league". 

How soon after a midseason trade was that?

Shame on Amari for not posting 100 yard games ever game after he was traded.

• Like 1
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Cooper became the first player in NFL history to have three go-ahead touchdown receptions in the fourth quarter and later of a single game.

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/12/alabama-nfl-roundup-amari-cooper-makes-history-for-dallas-cowboys.html

1) Arguable if that can even be considered a record, either way no one is going to cite Cooper having 3 go-ahead touchdowns in a fourth quarter to justify making him a top end WR1 draft pick. You do realize that is what the discussion is about, right? Amari Coopers 2019 draft stock? Just checking. Anything you bring to the table in this regard has to actually be relevant in the contest of Amari Cooper's 2019 draft stock. Having 3 go ahead touchdowns in the fourth quarter for the first time in NFL history is not relevant to his 2019 draft position. Got it?

2) That is a link/citation, kudos for fulling that part of my request.

• Thanks 1