NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, kball09 said:

Going back and reading all the Cooper hate/jokes is just the best part of this thread.....

I did the flipped flopped 

I freakin loved Amari drafted him in both of my money leagues. 

Those even/odd weeks I could live with but then he threw two straight stinkers so I dropped the bum. 

I should have held more faith in my assessment 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

How soon after a midseason trade was that?

Shame on Amari for not posting 100 yard games ever game after he was traded.

I mean it was like his 3rd game back and he had better games the 2 games prior so I don't think you can blame it on the trade. Best WR in the league isn't a title gained in 6 weeks even if you have 100 yard games each week. He is far from a scrub but I think calling him the best WR in the league is hyperbolic, I wouldn't even consider him the best fantasy WR in the league even though he is the hottest over the past few weeks. That wasn't his first or second time not reaching 100 yards either...I'm not trying to diss the dude he has been terrific on the Cowboys I just don't think he has done enough to deserve being called the best WR in the league even if you completely swipe clean his drop filled, up and down history on the Raiders. When projecting him into 2019 I don't think you can just forget about that either. 

Edited by Jaw1
On 1/17/2018 at 10:59 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

New year, new coach for Amari.

Jon Gruden in coaching stints as an OC in Philly and HC in Oakland and TB has peppered his #1 WR in targets.

He had Irving Fryar in Phily, Tim Brown and Jerry Rice in Oakland and Michael Clayton in TB.

Gruden targeted his WR1 with 140-150 targets a season. Not including the years he had Tim Brown and Jerry Rice on the same team they were both 1,000+ yd receivers for those seasosns.

With Crabtree likely to leave that will leave Carr with Amari as his most familiar receiver.

Major bounce back for Amari this year under Gruden.

Man Cleats, you really crushed it with this analysis in your OP.

Cleats, where do you think Amari should be drafted in fantasy drafts in 2019?

Just now, Cotton Jones said:

Went back to the first post in this thread.

Nice

Before Khalil Mack was traded and the raiders were noticeably tanking. 

You must be embarrassed that you asked for a link to Amari setting an NFL record and I sent you one.

😆

17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Went back to the first post in this thread.

Nice

Before Khalil Mack was traded and the raiders were noticeably tanking. 

Your analysis of Gruden as the WR whisperer was right on the money.

20 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

Edited by Cotton Jones

Cleat's flagship players ( Amari and Henry) each put up 200 yards with multiple TDs the first week of the fantasy playoffs.  If owners ignored everything said on the forums, drafted a good team that placed into the playoffs and over the course of the season made trades to acquire these specific DHC flagship players prior to the playoffs and started them this week because of DHC's hype -  you would be advancing a round right now.

Incredible.  Well done @DerrickHenrysCleats B)

Edited by Zak0221
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

All that s--- was suppose to happen. 

A lot of people thought Derek Carr was going to get to next level instead he regressed

16 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

All that s--- was suppose to happen. 

A lot of people thought Derek Carr was going to get to next level instead he regressed

Blaming Derek Carr for Jon Gruden blowing up the Raiders. OK

On the day the Raiders fire their personnel guy who won NFL Exec of the Year 2 years ago.

You must be joking.

Anyway, I'm just here for DerrickHenrysCleats to tell us where Amari Cooper will be drafted in 2019.

7 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

Blaming Derek Carr for Jon Gruden blowing up the Raiders. OK

On the day the Raiders fire their personnel guy who won NFL Exec of the Year 2 years ago.

You must be joking.

Anyway, I'm just here for DerrickHenrysCleats to tell us where Amari Cooper will be drafted in 2019.

I know your here to antagonize cleats. 

This debacle is all on Davis. 

McKenzie won that award because of Carr’s play at QB who guided the Raiders to a 12-4 season made the playoffs after years of nothing. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

This debacle is all on Davis. 

McKenzie won that award because of Carr’s play at QB who guided the Raiders to a 12-4 season made the playoffs after years of nothing. 

Many seasons there are teams that everything kind of breaks their way and their record is way out over their skis from where they really should be.  2016, the Raiders had that a bit.    

As a Cowboys fan, I was a little worried just because he had been so bad in Oakland that I thought a 1st was a steep price, simply thought that a 2nd would suffice given how much he had fallen, but that said, tough to say what 1st round WR would be there, Cowboys need one, so it is what it is. 

In terms of fantasy, in my league, since he has been on the Cowboys, he has had 2 weeks where he put up WR1 numbers.  That is about 1/3 of the time, so over the course of a full season means he would put up WR1 numbers in somewhere between 4-5 weeks if he kept this current pace.  In terms of 2019 stock, I dont think he will leapfrog the elite guys, which I think there are 6-8 of those guys.  So my guess is his ADP will be somewhere around the 10-12th WR taken.  I have him at $26 in 200 auction, I think that is gonna be good value, normally even mid-tier WR2 can go near $40.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cnewbykkn said:

No2 overall, right behind Derek Henry.

Catching up on this thread, saw the quote you quoted and about hit reply to post exactly this. But then I figured, I better keep reading because Im sure someone else already said it. Props :)

29 minutes ago, parrothead said:

As a Cowboys fan, I was a little worried just because he had been so bad in Oakland that I thought a 1st was a steep price, simply thought that a 2nd would suffice given how much he had fallen, but that said, tough to say what 1st round WR would be there, Cowboys need one, so it is what it is. 

In terms of fantasy, in my league, since he has been on the Cowboys, he has had 2 weeks where he put up WR1 numbers.  That is about 1/3 of the time, so over the course of a full season means he would put up WR1 numbers in somewhere between 4-5 weeks if he kept this current pace.  In terms of 2019 stock, I dont think he will leapfrog the elite guys, which I think there are 6-8 of those guys.  So my guess is his ADP will be somewhere around the 10-12th WR taken.  I have him at $26 in 200 auction, I think that is gonna be good value, normally even mid-tier WR2 can go near $40.  

10-12 seems too early for me but I do think he is relatively close to that WR1 tier. And depending how your roster looks after the first few picks, he might be a player to reach on with his blow-up potential if you are pretty solid with your early picks. 

The offensive line figures to be healthier next season so the running game should only improve. The defense is trending toward elite. Dak is Dak. He can obviously put up numbers on this team, but I am not sure he will be targeted enough or have enough positive game-scripts for him to consistently put up numbers like some of the WRs ahead of him. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

I posted in this thread last night because people were saying Amari was going to be drafted "after the turn" in 2019.

Meaning the first round turn.

The posts are still there, you can go back and read them. I'm not re-litigating.

Cleats jumped on me for saying that he's not a late 2nd round pick, but won't take a stand himself on where Amari should be drafted in 2019. What's the word for that, starts with cow...

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

I posted in this thread last night because people were saying Amari was going to be drafted "after the turn" in 2019.

The posts are still there, you can go back and read them. I'm not re-litigating.

Cleats jumped on me for saying that, but won't take a stand himself on where Amari should be drafted in 2019. What's the word for that, starts with cow...

I'm pretty sure the first 12 picks are going to be RB :lol:

Then you have other WRs like Hill, Theilen, Brown, Hopkins, Thomas, Beckham etc.

Hes probably going somewhere in the 2nd/3rd in 12 teamers. Hard to know for sure being only December

3 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

Cleats jumped on me for saying that he's not a late 2nd round pick, but won't take a stand himself on where Amari should be drafted in 2019. What's the word for that, starts with cow...

Cow..abunga?

Is it just me or is this guy not only playing lights out, but finally having fun and able to be himself? Night and day compared to his Oakland days.

giphy.webp

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c0eed754449796959

• Thanks 2

I had to pay 2/3 top 5 WR dollar for Dez last year so likely that will be what Amari costs next year if not more bc he's so young and ascending while Dez was on his decline. You likely will have to choose between Digg or Cooper next year, they will be about the same price but not cost what AB, JJ, OBJ or Hopkins will cost. 

Edited by Zak0221
30 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Cow..abunga?

Is it just me or is this guy not only playing lights out, but finally having fun and able to be himself? Night and day compared to his Oakland days.

100pct. But that is still a little troubling that he just picks and chooses when he cares to play well. For fantasy purposes this year, GREAT. But for future years, it will be rough to draft a guy that may shut things down if the team has a bad year. 

27 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I had to pay 2/3 top 5 WR dollar for Dez last year so likely that will be what Amari costs next year if not more bc he's so young and ascending while Dez was on his decline. You likely will have to choose between Digg or Cooper next year, they will be about the same price but not cost what AB, JJ, OBJ or Hopkins will cost. 

At least Cooper is the best WR on his own team, unlike Diggs.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

At least Cooper is the best WR on his own team, unlike Diggs.

Cooper is the better player but Diggs is in the better passing offense in general as it takes near gun point for Dak to throw a deep ball while Captain Kirk slings it all game.

If Cooper can bring people to their chips though all bets are off as to where he gets drafted next year.  I just hope Dak has seen the light now and tries some deep shots at Cooper in the 1st half, dude was afraid to throw until 10 min were left.