NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

At least Cooper is the best WR on his own team, unlike Diggs.

Big deal he is the best WR on his team.

Does that even matter in fantasy? Do we get extra F ing points for being the best WR on his team? 

John Brown is the best on Balt.

Zay Jones is the best on Buff

Who is the best on Miami or the JETS. 

Etc... 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Big deal he is the best WR on his team.

Does that even matter in fantasy? Do we get extra F ing points for being the best WR on his team? 

John Brown is the best on Balt.

Zay Jones is the best on Buff

Who is the best on Miami or the JETS. 

Etc... 

That would be Kenny Stills and Robby Anderson.

Yes, the WR1 on each individual team usually sees more targets than the WR2 or WR3 on a team.

As long as thielen is commanding double digits targets per game then that would directly relate to or cut into diggs potential share of targets so when comparing him to Cooper in a question of who to potentially draft first then I would say Cooper since he is the most talented WR on his own team so he is more likely to see more targets which equals more opportunities to be successful.

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That would be Kenny Stills and Robby Anderson.

Yes, the WR1 on each individual team usually sees more targets than the WR2 or WR3 on a team.

As long as thielen is commanding double digits targets per game then that would directly relate to or cut into diggs potential share of targets so when comparing him to Cooper in a question of who to potentially draft first then I would say Cooper since he is the most talented WR on his own team so he is more likely to see more targets which equals more opportunities to be successful.

Such a simplistic thought process, as expected. Which team passes more? Which QB checks down more? What are their schedules comparatively?

Makes perfect sense this would be confusing. 

Edited by cnewbykkn
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

Such a simplistic thought process, as expected. Which team passes more? Which QB checks down more? What are their schedules comparatively?

Well, Amari has had less than 8 targets a game 1 time since he was traded. He has had twice as many games as that with double digits targets. 

So, since the cowboys are a different team since the Cooper trade it is fair to ask the question of what the offense might look like with Cooper in town for a whole season. Let's say he averages 8 targets per game that would be 128 targets.

Amari has 40 catches on 53 targets for 642 yards since coming to Dallas for a catch rate of 75% and an average of 107 yards per game and 16.05 yards per catch and of course 6 TDs for an average of 1 TD per game.

So, if we extrapolate out these conservative #s since Amari was traded midseason and basically had no time to practice with Dak we might be looking at something like. 96 catches for 1,536yards and 16TDs.

20 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Hahaha. Good idea using his catch rate in the last few games as opposed to his catch rate for his career. The cherry picking is strong as always. 

I used his catch rate since joining the cowboys which seems fair since that's the team he is with now and will be with for the forseable future.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, cnewbykkn said:

Makes perfect sense this would be confusing. 

1 hour ago, cnewbykkn said:

Hahaha. Good idea using his catch rate in the last few games as opposed to his catch rate for his career. The cherry picking is strong as always. 

Yeah, that's his brand

Then hits your post with the "confused" reaction when you point out how dumb it is.

Brand is strong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I think the reality is In the middle of the conflicting viewpoints in here.

He is on an amazing streak right now but should he be crowned even a top 5 Wr long term yet? Of course not. He does seem to have the talent to make that jump though. And you could argue that right now there might not be a wr you’d rather start than him. 

Conversely I think a lot of folks here wanna hate because they can’t stand to see a guy they either dropped or avoided like the plague producing at greater heights than anyone could have imagined. 

So they bring up his past inconsistency, but that should not apply here on a new team that clearly loves to force feed him. He looks rejuvenated having gained confidence back. 

• Like 1

Never thought I would regret trading Cooper for Gronk before Thanksgiving. There's no denying he looks great on Dallas and he's part of their gameplan. But it is tough to trust him next year given how he was irrelevant for two years in Oakland. He may go in the 2nd/3rd round.

7 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Never thought I would regret trading Cooper for Gronk before Thanksgiving. There's no denying he looks great on Dallas and he's part of their gameplan. But it is tough to trust him next year given how he was irrelevant for two years in Oakland. He may go in the 2nd/3rd round.

What relevance does his time in Oakland have compared to his time in Dallas so far?

Oakland would give Amari 1 target a game.

He has had 53 targets in 5 games with Dallas.

• Like 1

This might've been one of the worst drops I've had in my time playing fantasy football. Never did I see his crappy oakland inconsistencies leading to a trade to Dallas, only to be a WR1 with week winning upside on a run-first team.

This is the most improbable turn around you'll ever see of a player's outlook in a season. Don't get used to it.

I'll draft him again next year now that I know that his situation is solidified. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, RyanK said:

Anyone worried about how Indy almost shut down Hopkins last week?

Debating benching him this week, depends on Chiefs injuries

Divisional games are sometimes very low scoring because of familiarity.  What's Indy's secondary ranked on the year, isnt it middle of the pack?

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

Divisional games are sometimes very low scoring because of familiarity.  What's Indy's secondary ranked on the year, isnt it middle of the pack?

Good point. Looking at it, seems like Colts have played teams with bad WRs lately (other than Texans).

4 minutes ago, RyanK said:

Good point. Looking at it, seems like Colts have played teams with bad WRs lately (other than Texans).

Amari is near matchup proof because it's his route running that gets him the separation.  His issue is Dak is afraid to throw the ball at times and just kinda waffle stomps around.  If Luck gets the Colts moving though Dak may be forced to play quarterback and thats good for Amari.  My hope is after last week's aerial display, the Cowboys maybe have some confidence to try throwing deep to Amari in the first half at least once.  They seem to ignore him on long patterns until they are really forced to move the ball down the field.  I mean I get it they are a run first team but try some first half play action bombs to Amari.  With EE in the backfield play action should be potent. 

The good news here is Amari is legit the only red zone target for Dak and he trusts him quite a bit.  It would not be shocking for him to find multiple TDs again if the Cowboys are in the Red zone often. 

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Amari is near matchup proof because it's his route running that gets him the separation.  His issue is Dak is afraid to throw the ball at times and just kinda waffle stomps around.  If Luck gets the Colts moving though Dak may be forced to play quarterback and thats good for Amari.  My hope is after last week's aerial display, the Cowboys maybe have some confidence to try throwing deep to Amari in the first half at least once.  They seem to ignore him on long patterns until they are really forced to move the ball down the field.  I mean I get it they are a run first team but try some first half play action bombs to Amari.  With EE in the backfield play action should be potent. 

The good news here is Amari is legit the only red zone target for Dak and he trusts him quite a bit.  It would not be shocking for him to find multiple TDs again if the Cowboys are in the Red zone often. 

That's the main question. Last week Cooper did nothing for most of the game. The Cowboys were cruising and leaning on Zeke until Dak threw a terrible INT which turned it into a game that lead to most of us Coopering all over our opponents. So we definitely need the Colts to either get out in front or at least score enough to force dak to air it out 35+ times. 

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

That's the main question. Last week Cooper did nothing for most of the game. The Cowboys were cruising and leaning on Zeke until Dak threw a terrible INT which turned it into a game that lead to most of us Coopering all over our opponents. So we definitely need the Colts to either get out in front or at least score enough to force dak to air it out 35+ times. 

Same with the Redskins game.  Cooper exploded late in the 3rd quarter.  I am just hoping the Cowboys have seen enough evidence now to call a few shot plays in the 1st half because I am sure they are avail to take, esp off play-action with EE.  Having Luck as the opposing QB gives me slight confidence that the Cowboys will be forced to score, Vegas has this game as the 4th highest O/U behind KC/SD Pit/NE Rams/Philly

In my PPR league he is currently the WR 16 in total points and could very easily break into the top 12, Sanders has 3 more points than him, Boyd has 5, woods has 13 more and Diggs has 21. So as crazy as this would of sounded in week 5 or so, Amari Cooper could end up a top 12 WR this year. Also we should hear in mind that he missed basically 2 whole games because of the concussion he suffered against the Seahawks. 

• Like 1
Just now, Ddam2013 said:

In my PPR league he is currently the WR 16 in total points and could very easily break into the top 12, Sanders has 3 more points than him, Boyd has 5, woods has 13 more and Diggs has 21. So as crazy as this would of sounded in week 5 or so, Amari Cooper could end up a top 12 WR this year. Also we should hear in mind that he missed basically 2 whole games because of the concussion he suffered against the Seahawks. 

So hes a WR2 - sounds about right. 

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I used his catch rate since joining the cowboys which seems fair since that's the team he is with now and will be with for the forseable future.

Translation: "I used his catch rate over an extremely small sample size because is better fits my narrative, rather than what he's proven to be over an entire career"

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What relevance does his time in Oakland have compared to his time in Dallas so far?

Oakland would give Amari 1 target a game.

He has had 53 targets in 5 games with Dallas.

False 

in two of six games with Oakland he had double digit targets

27 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

So hes a WR2 - sounds about right. 

Yes in total points over the whole year he is a WR2 but that is a very static POV on this situation. What he did in Oakland has no affect on what he’ll do the rest of the year, since joining Dallas he is a WR1. I’m not going to post that he is the WR1 as there are other options I would rather have ROS but from this point on he has to be considered a solid WR1.

• Thanks 1