NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

31 minutes ago, devaster said:

Let the "competent" owners pick him in the 2nd. It will allow a more productive player to fall to you.

Amari is next seasons's Brandin Cooks. Drafted as a back-end WR1 in the 3rd round in most leagues. I will never be on board with such a volatile WR1. Would need to go WR/WR early to get him.

Cooks wasnt drafted in the 3rd. He was going 4th at the earliest. Mostly in the 5th.

Cooper will have an ADP in the late 20’s next season. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Cooks wasnt drafted in the 3rd. He was going 4th at the earliest. Mostly in the 5th.

Cooper will have an ADP in the late 20’s next season. 

That is exactly what I said???

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Let the "competent" owners pick him in the 2nd. It will allow a more productive player to fall to you.

Amari is next seasons's Brandin Cooks. Drafted as a back-end WR1 in the 3rd round in most leagues. I will never be on board with such a volatile WR1. Would need to go WR/WR early to get him.

Yes, go ahead and pick a WR that will give you a nice, safe 5-50 every week.  Enjoy it!  I don't play ppr, and I like fast WRs who can run great routes, get gobs of separation, and can score long touchdowns.

23 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yes, go ahead and pick a WR that will give you a nice, safe 5-50 every week.  Enjoy it!  I don't play ppr, and I like fast WRs who can run great routes, get gobs of separation, and can score long touchdowns.

Yes, if we've learned anything about Average Amari, it's that he's a consistent fantasy producer week to week.

What planet do you live on pal?

Also, please see my last post. I am still waiting to hear the small handful of WR's you would rank above Amari in the 2019 draft, since you said he was going 2nd round or something equally ludicrous. 

Well Hopkins, Julio, Odell, Adams.  Not Brown, I think Brown is on the downslope.  Amari Cooper is only 24 years old.  Maybe Evans but probably not.  I really like JuJu and obviously Diggs, but I would put them on equal footing with Amari Cooper.  Not Keenan "made of glass" Allen.

Watch Cooper do his thing against Tampa's "defense" this weekend.  Cooper just keeps climbing the ranks.

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well Hopkins, Julio, Odell, Adams.  Not Brown, I think Brown is on the downslope.  Amari Cooper is only 24 years old.  Maybe Evans but probably not.  I really like JuJu and obviously Diggs, but I would put them on equal footing with Amari Cooper.  Not Keenan "made of glass" Allen.

Watch Cooper do his thing against Tampa's "defense" this weekend.  Cooper just keeps climbing the ranks.

Are you a Cowboys fan?

Keenan is 100% ahead of Amari. Justify your bad take with an end of season injury all you want. NFL players get injured. He might play this week. He hasn't been ruled out so it's obviously not a serious injury. This is such a dumb take I'm even going to go into it any further. I'm sure this is the hill you will choose to die on though, that somehow one player, Keenan Allen, gets injured, therefore Amari's drafted stock is awesome, because you don't have anything else to go to, other than hopes and dreams of where you think Amari should be drafted.

And you forgot about Thielan. I'm not sure how. I doubt anyone is going to write off his record setting 10 weeks to start the season or whatever it was because of overall poor offensive play for a couple weeks at the end of the season. Hes PPR wr3 on the season, standard #6. But you have Amari ahead of him?

Juju is 100% ahead of Amari. The Steelers are an explosive offense unlikely to have a RB in a workhorse role. This is not even close. The dude is clearly the WR1 and he's elite and the offense is elite and the QB is elite. Do you think Dak is elite? Do you think their offense is elite? Did you see the game in Indy?

Diggs probably is ahead of him too. Their offense was dragging for a couple weeks - against good defenses - but we can't let that ruin the draft stock of all the skill players, right? I mean, did you see the game in Indy?

Tyreek Hill 100% ahead of Amari. You conveniently forgot his name along with Thielan's. Maybe because it helps your super weak argument.

Michael Thomas - 100% ahead of him. Oops, you forgot him too.

TY Hilton - ahead of him. Why? Do I need to explain yet again in this thread how team opportunity relates to a player's fantasy production projection and ADP? Their offense doesn't run through a bellcow RB. Not to mention their HC is Frank Reich and they throw a ton, unlike the Cowboys, who have an offensive philosophy straight out of 1996. And oh yeah, Andrew Luck is actually good at throwing footballs. That helps. 

Edelman will probably be ahead of him. AB will probably be ahead of him. I'm sure one of those 2 takes will outrage you, because you appear incapable of being objective about Average Amari.

You Average Amari truthers need to come back to Earth. Dak is a middling pass talent. Zeke is the focal point of the offense, and will be as long as he is playing at an elite level. This is going to be the determining factor in Average Amari's draft stock. That's how this works. If you guys play fantasy football you should know this. That's why an ADP earlier than the 3rd is likely foolish and shortsighted (or perhaps earlier than the 4th, which seems to be more the consensus among the people in this thread who live in the real world, not the metroplex). Having a few big games with the Cowboys doesn't erase his opportunity outlook which is markedly worse than all the other WR's we have talked about here. Yes including Juju (seriously, you think they are on "equal footing"?). You think anyone other than Cowboys fans are going to bump up Amari 2-3 rounds because of a few good games out of 16? Are we supposed to believe that changing his zip code suddenly made him a WR1? Or are we supposed to believe that Dak Prescott made him an WR1? Seriously, stop and think about that. What's the difference? It's obviously not Dak, because he's not that good. Is it the coaching of Jason Garrett? LOL no? Then what is it? The new uniform? Is it because he got away from the Raiders, who are dysfunctional? Dude have you even followed the Dallas Cowboys for the last 10 years? You wanna talk about dysfuctional? I'm just begging for you or another Average Amari truther to come up with a narrative that justifies erasing his entire career up until the mid-season trade to the Cowboys.

Dear thread: See you next Spring with these ridiculous Average Amari ADP projections. We can compare them to reality.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Edelman???? Cmon man no way Julian gets drafted before Amari next year lol

I wouldn't take Edelman before Amari but that does seem like the right price point people's opinions will start to diverge. 

8 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

Fine, take Edelman out of my post. Now address the rest of it.

I'll be waiting.

You post was fine til I got to Edelman, then I couldn't take anymore seriously.  Not exactly rocket science to take Juju or Michael Thomas over Amari next year lol

I certainly wouldn't take Amari before the 3rd next year.....maybe even 4th honestly, but he will definitely be going there. People will look at stats, extrapolate them across 16 games, everyone will salivate, and someone will grab him in the second round. Only takes one dude.

50 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Same boom or bust guy he was in Oakland.  He’s draftable in the 3rd but you have to surround him with good ppr guys to counter the down swings.  

Disagree with this.   I think he'll be way more consistent in Dallas than he was in Oakland.   I'd expect 7 or 8 receptions per game.  Sure he might bust once in a while but almost every receiver besides Nuk has one or two sub 10 games a season (PPR).

3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Disagree with this.   I think he'll be way more consistent in Dallas than he was in Oakland.   I'd expect 7 or 8 receptions per game.  Sure he might bust once in a while but almost every receiver besides Nuk has one or two sub 10 games a season (PPR).

He'll be more consistent, but with Dak at the helm he will have a tough time being consistent enough to warrant WR1 status.

Even in his HUGE game against the Eagles, he was doing virtually nothing until midway through the 3rd quarter and with the Cowboys cruising along at 9-0 Dak decided to give the ball away twice and turned what would have been a ground and pound 4th quarter with Zeke into a 37 point 4th qtr/OT shootout. 

Don't get me wrong, he will finish with WR1 numbers next year but it will be another roller coaster ride. 

Just now, wideopen21 said:

He'll be more consistent, but with Dak at the helm he will have a tough time being consistent enough to warrant WR1 status.

Even in his HUGE game against the Eagles, he was doing virtually nothing until midway through the 3rd quarter and with the Cowboys cruising along at 9-0 Dak decided to give the ball away twice and turned what would have been a ground and pound 4th quarter with Zeke into a 37 point 4th qtr/OT shootout. 

Don't get me wrong, he will finish with WR1 numbers next year but it will be another roller coaster ride. 

I don't disagree that it could be a rolller coaster ride.   But I think the swings will be between WR2 and WR1 results.   As opposed to Oakland where the swings were from WR1 to a goose egg.

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hopkins is the best WR in the NFL. 

• Haha 1

Michael Thomas is a beast.  But I like Cooper better.  I think Thomas has some similarities to Dez Bryant in that Thomas is a very physical receiver who relies a bit less on speed and route running.

Hill is really good but I like Amari better.  Hill is little.  And Hill wins with his blazing footspeed but he's up and down.

Thielen is an UDFA level talent who tries really hard.  Not close to Amari Cooper in my valuation system.

Edelman?  Oh ho.  Hilarious.  Again, it may come down to philosophy.  Some fantasy team managers place a high value on a player they know will get them 5-55.  I want big, explosive plays and long touchdowns.  So that's why I probably value Cooper higher than most.  Cooper can single-handedly win a week.  That's my type of guy.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, K197040 said:

It looks like the same guy, more juice because of the trade.  But the 3 duds sandwiched between his blow ups is not surprising.  It could be tougher next year because defenses will have adjusted to their offense.  He’s still not a guy giving you double digits consistently,  

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Michael Thomas is a beast.  But I like Cooper better.  I think Thomas has some similarities to Dez Bryant in that Thomas is a very physical receiver who relies a bit less on speed and route running.

Hill is really good but I like Amari better.  Hill is little.  And Hill wins with his blazing footspeed but he's up and down.

Thielen is an UDFA level talent who tries really hard.  Not close to Amari Cooper in my valuation system.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

It looks like the same guy, more juice because of the trade.  But the 3 duds sandwiched between his blow ups is not surprising.  It could be tougher next year because defenses will have adjusted to their offense.  He’s still not a guy giving you double digits consistently,  

Not to nitpick but there were only two games where he put up less than 10 (in PPR).   Thomas and Hill have put up the same amount during the same time period.

I think Cooper will put up double digits at the same pace as those guys.   Not that I would take him over those two but duds are a part of all WR seasons.  I believe only Hopkins has had double digits this entire season.

Again, I'm not trying to overvalue Cooper but I think he'll more consistent than many people think.   Especially after a full off season with the team.

Amari will have a big week for three reasons:

1) cowboys are at home and dak scores 11 more fantasy points per game at home.

2). They are playing Tampa bay at home.  See 1) above

3) the Amari roller coaster forecasts big game in his rotation of yo-yo performances.

deploy with confidence this week.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

Amari will have a big week for three reasons:

1) cowboys are at home and dak scores 11 more fantasy points per game at home.

2). They are playing Tampa bay at home.  See 1) above

3) the Amari roller coaster forecasts big game in his rotation of yo-yo performances.

deploy with confidence this week.

I have Amari, Tyreek, and Brees going this week and honestly feel like all 3 are due for big games.

Cool story I know, but I'm actually excited. It could be glorious, especially in the playoffs.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

You post was fine til I got to Edelman, then I couldn't take anymore seriously.  Not exactly rocket science to take Juju or Michael Thomas over Amari next year lol

Translation: I can't offer a valid argument to anything you said explaining why Average Amari isn't a WR1 for 2019, so, uh, Julian Edelman.

"lol"

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And "I like Cooper better" doesn't make him a 2nd round pick to anyone but you.

Heard of Drew Brees? Sean Payton?

Heard of Dak Prescott? Jason Garrett?

The other people drafting in 2019 have. That's why MT will be going in front of Average Amari almost always

Patrick Mahomes. He's in the mix for most productive fantasy quarterback of all time. But "Hill is little" therefore Amari.

Again, Thielan is PPR WR3. He was breaking productivity records for more than half the season. Please tell us more about your "valuation system" because it clearly doesn't involve actual fantasy points, which is the only thing that matters in fantasy football. Unless your league give points for how "little" or "big" the players on your roster are, or where they were drafted. Strangely, Average Amari being a first round pick out of Alabama hasn't done anything to help his fantasy production during his career.

Edelman?  Oh ho.  Hilarious.  Again, it may come down to philosophy. 

No, we are going by fantasy points here. 

You can say Edelman over Amari is hilarious, although again I will point out that an actual Cowboys fan disagrees with you that it is hilarious.

I think it's pretty obvious what is really hilarious here.

1 hour ago, Cotton Jones said:

Translation: I can't offer a valid argument to anything you said explaining why Average Amari isn't a WR1 for 2019, so, uh, Julian Edelman.

"lol"

Dude I agree with you that he isn't a WR1 next year.  However, I feel that other owners WILL draft him as a WR1 next year aka late 2nd/3rd round pick maybe even 4th round but he will go pretty early off the board once WRs start coming off. 

Edited by Zak0221