NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

1 minute ago, shypri said:

So he is a top5 receiver with dak and zeke this year, but next year he will need zeke to miss many games to be a top10 receiver next year? :D

Have you heard the term "sample size"?

Are you saying that Amari Cooper is a top 5 WR? Where's the 'laughing' emoji

• Haha 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A QB who can’t throw and a WR who can’t catch. Not a good fit. A perfect fit. 

Amari for me is the 2017 Gurley of WRs.   - Young incredible talent, freak of nature, pedigree coming out of college - Coming off a disaster year after a promising start to NFL career

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

Have you heard the term "sample size"?

Are you saying that Amari Cooper is a top 5 WR? Where's the 'laughing' emoji

Just a fact not an opinion. He has played half a season in Dallas and was easily top5.

They should have a pretty similar offense next year and you call it ridiculous to think he will be top10 if nothing changes drastically.

You do not have to care about this season, but his adp next season will.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, shypri said:

Just a fact not an opinion. He has played half a season in Dallas and was easily top5.

They should have a pretty similar offense next year and you call it ridiculous to think he will be top10 if nothing changes drastically.

You do not have to care about this season, but his adp next season will.

I've been on this Cooper ride about 3 times before.  

coop.gif.20d6a3606a7a5cce3cc0dc4475ad0ae0.gif

• Like 2

But the previous times you were on the Cooper ride, I suspect Cooper was trying to play for the Raiders.  On Sunday, he will be catching passes for the Cowboys.  At home.  Against Tampa.  For the fantasy football championship.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But the previous times you were on the Cooper ride, I suspect Cooper was trying to play for the Raiders.  On Sunday, he will be catching passes for the Cowboys.  At home.  Against Tampa.  For the fantasy football championship.

Man I'm a Cowboys fan IRL so I sure hope so.  but every other year Cooper seems to get a case of the dropsies.  Doesn't really matter which team one plays for if he stonehands every 3rd target.  Maybe a change of scenery and another shot will correct that but I fear once he gets inked to a big deal those patterns will re-emerge.  Anyway, hope he goes off this season for Dallas.

• Thanks 1
On 10/14/2018 at 6:02 PM, Corleone said:

I've had Amari in every season of his career prior to this one. So I'm very familiar with his highs and lows. And I've been trying to help those of you who have Amari. I really have. I've been posting periodic updates on his career history, so you're fully aware of what he is. And here's the latest update, after today's 0 catch game.

Cooper has now played in 53 NFL games (including one playoff game).

He's been held under 50 yards in 28 of 53 games...so 52.8% of his career games.

In 2015, he was under 50 yards in 8 of 16 games.

In 2016, he was under 50 yards in 7 of 17 games (including the playoff game). 

In 2017, he was under 50 yards in 9 of 14 games.

In 2018, he is under 50 yards in 4 of 6 games.

Setting the bar even lower, Cooper is statistically more likely to get 20 or less yards in a game (15 of 53 career games, so 28.3% of his games) than to get 100 yards (13 of 53 career games, so 24.5%). 

This is every game of his career...

5-47-0

7-109-1

8-134-0

4-49-1

4-47-0

5-133-1

5-46-0

7-88-1

5-79-0

1-4-0

7-115-0

4-69-0

0-0-0

6-120-2

2-10-0

2-20-0

6-137-0

5-71-0

4-62-0

5-48-0

6-138-1

10-129-0

4-29-0

12-173-1

6-56-0

4-57-1

4-22-0

2-59-1

5-29-0

1-18-0

5-76-0

4-39-1

2-10-0 (playoffs)

5-62-1

4-33-0

1-6-0

2-9-0

1-8-0

5-28-0

11-210-0

5-48-0

4-58-0

3-28-1

1-9-1

0-0-0

3-66-1

3-115-1

1-9-0

10-116-0

2-17-0

8-128-1

1-10-0

0-0-0

Added bonus! Today was his 3rd career game with no catches. And his 12th career game (out of 53, so 22.6% of his games) with 10 or less yards.

With this being the final week of the fantasy football season (for almost everyone, besides those crazies who play Week 17), here's an update from an earlier post about Amari Cooper. When it is all said and done, Amari had 50 yards or less in 7 of 14 games played this season (3 of 8 games after his trade to Dallas). He did have some big highs with Dallas as well, as evidenced by a pair of multi-TD blowup games. Here are all of his 2018 games...

1-9-0

10-116-0

2-17-0

8-128-1

1-10-0

0-0-0

5-58-1

6-75-0

3-36-0

8-180-2

8-76-0

10-217-3

4-32-0

4-20-0

When it is all said and done, Cooper has now played in 61 NFL games (including one playoff game).

He's been held under 50 yards in 31 of 61 games...so 50.8% of his career games.

Keep in mind for your 2019 drafts. He is certainly in a better situation with Dallas (and his half-season stats with Dallas are good as a whole, thanks in part to the two big games). It'll be interesting to see how things develop from here. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

You're kidding, right?

I personally would. To put things in perspective Allen’s Robinson’s ESPN ADP this year was middle of the fourth round. Cooper has significantly outperformed him. I’m also betting on additional chemistry with Dak coming into next season as he was traded in the middle of the year. You’re not going to find a guaranteed elite receiver in the fourth but in my opinion Amari is the best bet to be a WR1 next year.

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Looks like I gotta bench for Week 17 ugh

That’s not going to be a hard call because I’m fairly certain they have nothing to play for with clinching the division. He will probably be sitting with zeke the whole game 

Just in here to spread some Christmas cheer and wish Cooper owners a happy holidays. I thought for sure he would be able to get loose against Tampa Bay but I guess their defense is all of a sudden conveniently formidable. But as someone smarter than me once said, all of the greats go through peaks and valleys. Anyone holding this guy as keeper next season? Is the offense going to need an overhaul for Cooper to reach his full potential? New Coach? New Quarterback? New field? New contract? New offensive game plan? Just curious. Hopefully he didn't cost anyone a title. If I owned him, I probably would have started him as well seeing he was the hottest receiver in the game. Some might even argue, the best. 

XOXO

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
2 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Just in here to spread some Christmas cheer and wish Cooper owners a happy holidays. I thought for sure he would be able to get loose against Tampa Bay but I guess their defense is all of a sudden conveniently formidable. But as someone smarter than me once said, all of the greats go through peaks and valleys. Anyone holding this guy as keeper next season? Is the offense going to need an overhaul for Cooper to reach his full potential? New Coach? New Quarterback? New field? New contract? New offensive game plan? Just curious. Hopefully he didn't cost anyone a title. If I owned him, I probably would have started him as well seeing he was the hottest receiver in the game. Some might even argue, the best. 

XOXO

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Offensive Coordinator. Right now it’s very run heavy so he needs the big plays to succeed. If they get someone more innovative and less pass-heavy he could be a steal next year.