Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trade for I. Thomas and Vuc - 100% WHIR


Brandayz
 Share

Recommended Posts

So this guy is really fighting for a playoff spot and his team is kind of 50/50 with bad players and good players, so I would like to join a buy low on these two guys. So who should I offer to get these two? I already got Millsap on my IR spot so I would have to play with a least 1 injured player on my active roster (Vooc).

 

Our playoffs starts at week 21 (7 weeks away) and i'm currently 5 out of 10 in my league (8 teams makes the playoff). We play in a 10 team yahoo league, H2H (daily), 9 cats

So would this be a good idea or just stay put? If it's a good idea which players do you think will do it?

My current roster: 

 

THE GREEK FREAK
DEMARCUS COUSINS

JAMES HARDEN

KEVIN DURANT
RUSSELL WESTBROOK

ZACH LAVINE

TIM HARDAWAY JR

TYLER JOHNSON

ISH SMITH

MARQUESE CHRISS

JULIUS RANDLE

TAUREAN PRINCE 
LAURI MARKKANEN

 

IL: PAUL MILLSAP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Brandayz said:

 

THE GREEK FREAK
DEMARCUS COUSINS

JAMES HARDEN

KEVIN DURANT
RUSSELL WESTBROOK

ZACH LAVINE

TIM HARDAWAY JR

TYLER JOHNSON

ISH SMITH

MARQUESE CHRISS

JULIUS RANDLE

TAUREAN PRINCE 
LAURI MARKKANEN

 

IL: PAUL MILLSAP

I know it's a 10 team league but how????

 

In regards to your question, I don't think it would be a terrible idea to stay put. IT is looking suspect and who knows what will happen with Vuc in terms of playing time when he gets back and/or if he gets traded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, thefloat said:

I second trying some permutation of Markannen + Lavine + Hardaway for Vooch. Your team is stupid stacked but another big guy won't hurt in the playoffs. Keep Markannen if you can, though.

 

Well... I'm trying a Markkanen, Lavine and Tyler Johnson trade for Lillard right now (owner is really high on both Markkanen and Lavine)

And hopefully I can do a THJ + Randle + Prince (if Randle and Prince start picking their play up) for I. Thomas later on :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thefloat said:

I'd keep Hardaway over IT, personally. Even if IT returns to form, he's liable to miss more games or play lower minutes with the Cavs having championship goals. Meanwhile, Knicks will be locked into a playoff fight and Hardaway is a lock IMO to keep top-40ish value.

 

Oh thanks :)!

 

But don't you think that IT would have to get playing time for him to get in shape? I agree that THJ should be locked in a top 40 ROS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Over the years, I've come to just trust certain situations more than others. Situations like the Suns, Kings, Heat (instable rotations) or the Spurs (prone to resting guys) all scream don't trust me for more obvious reasons. I wouldn't even trust Boston if they feel they can cruise into the 1 seed, I think they're liable to rest guys. I'm pulling for the Cavs and IT hard this year, I think IT will probably play plenty for the rest of the year, but fantasy-wise, I don't trust the situation. Coming back from injury and the Cavs being where they are, he could miss random guys or play low minutes. I'd take a flyer on IT under the right circumstances, but not at the expense of a situation like Hardaway's where I really trust and like his role.

 

That's just me, sometimes you'll roll the dice on a situation like IT's and strike gold. I also definitely have my own biases, for instance, I'd buy low on Conley right now. So if your heart is telling you to go for IT, don't lemme stop ya.

Edited by thefloat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thefloat said:

Over the years, I've come to just trust certain situations more than others. Situations like the Suns, Kings, Heat (instable rotations) or the Spurs (prone to resting guys) all scream don't trust me for more obvious reasons. I wouldn't even trust Boston if they feel they can cruise into the 1 seed, I think they're liable to rest guys. I'm pulling for the Cavs and IT hard this year, I think IT will probably play plenty for the rest of the year, but fantasy-wise, I don't trust the situation. Coming back from injury and the Cavs being where they are, he could miss random guys or play low minutes. I'd take a flyer on IT under the right circumstances, but not at the expense of a situation like Hardaway's where I really trust and like his role.

 

That's just me, sometimes you'll roll the dice on a situation like IT's and strike gold. I also definitely have my own biases, for instance, I'd buy low on Conley right now. So if your heart is telling you to go for IT, don't lemme stop ya.

 

 

Thank you so much!

 

im also discussing another Trade with Markkanen, Lavine and THJ for Lillard. That would be Way to much Right? Lillards owner who suggested it (he is also a kyrie, DSJ, Horford, Bazemore, Tatum, Ariza owner)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

all day for Dame! see if you can keep one of them, but if that's the cost, i think it's fair. pay anything you'd pay for vooch and then some for dame imo.

 

i especially think this for a 10-team league, where with diligence and patience, you can likely find guys that'll finish top-60 or top-70 on the wire. that should replace some of the production you'd lose, and you get a blue chipper in the process.

 

assuming this isn't a keeper league, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, thefloat said:

all day for Dame! see if you can keep one of them, but if that's the cost, i think it's fair. pay anything you'd pay for vooch and then some for dame imo.

 

i especially think this for a 10-team league, where with diligence and patience, you can likely find guys that'll finish top-60 or top-70 on the wire. that should replace some of the production you'd lose, and you get a blue chipper in the process.

 

assuming this isn't a keeper league, right?

 

No it's not. But It seems like Lavine could be BALLIN' with his new franchise and both Markkanen and THJ should be a lock for top 40 right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Brandayz said:

 

No it's not. But It seems like Lavine could be BALLIN' with his new franchise and both Markkanen and THJ should be a lock for top 40 right?

 

yeah it's tough because i like all your pieces... but i'm also a believer in consolidating talent, especially for a top tier guy like dame.

 

you never answered everyone else tho, how the hell do you have harden westbrook kd boogie and giannis?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, thefloat said:

 

yeah it's tough because i like all your pieces... but i'm also a believer in consolidating talent, especially for a top tier guy like dame.

 

you never answered everyone else tho, how the hell do you have harden westbrook kd boogie and giannis?

 

So you would pull the trigger? If I should try to get another player in that deal who should I then aim for? Maybe DSJ or? Other players to mention are Horford, Bazemore, Tatum & Ariza

Well I drafted Giannis, traded Oladipo, Whiteside & Embiid for Cousins and Lillard, then flipped of Lillard + T. Harris + Lord Cov (when he was ballin') for Harden and traded Westbrook for Kemba & Blake Griffin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, thefloat said:

Yeah see if he'll throw in Tatum or Ariza for sure. Ariza's playoff schedule is especially nice too.

 

So DSJ isn't interesting? Don't think he will sell both Ariza/Tatum and Lillard for those three... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude I can try and help you by giving you a sense of how I value players, but ultimately it's gotta be up to you to find a deal you think is gonna help you win. Also everything kinda depends on your particular league. If everyone is active and the wire is relatively bare, what I said about replacing Markkanen & company with the wire isn't gonna be as true.

 

FWIW I'm not interested in DSJ if I'm looking to win this year at all. I like him in keeper leagues, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...