NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

46 minutes ago, dashoe said:

In all fairness AJG was a top 12 pick so if he was your wr1 for the playoffs he didnt help you win. Basically a bust vs his draft value when guyss like tate/marvin, juju demaryius put up similar production for the season.  Makes you rethink taking these guys in 1st rd next season. 

Let's cherrypick weeks...maybe his big week 13 solidified a playoff bye for some of his owners. (wink)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well, i think a case could be made for it but with big ben coming back id take Brown but with a good QB id take Gordon over Julio.

I actually agree with you on that but really don't think that is a reach.  I mean you take Julios 50 point game away he is basically a WR3. I have never been Julio lover and would definitely  consider gordon over him with the right QB

9 hours ago, psygolf said:

Let's cherrypick weeks...maybe his big week 13 solidified a playoff bye for some of his owners. (wink)

Cherry pick or not when i draft AJG in the 1st rd given his talent, I'm expecting Antonio Brown type numbers and for him to finish as a top3 wr.  His problem is his coaching and his QB limit him. Dude was on pace to be the #1 wr couple of years ago before he was injured and thats even with the bengals getting super conservative when they got a lead and not targeting him for entire halves. This season was a complete disaster for his production

I prefer to pass on AJG in the 1st rd and take Josh Gordon wherever he lands because between the 2 undesireable coaches I trust Hue to focus on getting the ball to Josh more than I do Marvin to get the ball to AJG.  My view is it's the better use of draft capital for the wr position.  i don't think AJG will significantly outperform josh; so give me the best rb in rd1 and scoop up josh in rd3 or later or if u are feeling frisky get ajg and josh and scoop up as many rb's as u can

12 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

This post comes off as bitter. What did AJ do to you?

McCarron was healthy enough to come off the inactive list and the Bengals kept him on there till less than 6 games remained in the season so they could get a free year out of AJ. He is more likely to win than to lose, in my opinion.

He got Sashi Brown fired cause Hue is a guy that throws everyone under the bus before they can throw him. Sashi didn't want to unload all those high draft picks he'd been accumulating for a JAG at QB. 

I really liked sashi brown long term vision he was building for the Browns. 

This is typical Browns though. They always choose the wrong guy and fire the right guy. Did the same with Lombardi after he flipped Trent Richardson for a 1st round pick and they went and fired him anyway so next GM could blow the 1st round picks on Justin Gilbert and Manziel (both 1st round in 2014, both out of NFL) . 

9 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He got Sashi Brown fired cause Hue is a guy that throws everyone under the bus before they can throw him. Sashi didn't want to unload all those high draft picks he'd been accumulating for a JAG at QB. 

This is typical Browns though. They always choose the wrong guy and fire the right guy. Did the same with Lombardi after he flipped Trent Richardson for a 1st round pick and they went and fired him anyway so next GM could blow the 1st round picks on Justin Gilbert and Manziel (both 1st round in 2014, both out of NFL) . 

Four year plan shutdown in year 2

18 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Why so much McCaron talk? He is not very good.

Just the repoire he has with Hue and how Hue tried to get him last season. If he wins his grievance it is very possible he would be the one throwing the rock to Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, David Njoku, Saquon Barkley and Duke Johnson.

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Can you remind me who all Sashi drafted? 

Myles Garrett i know, Deshone Kizer i know. Was Duke Johnson a Sashi pick, Corey Coleman?

2 or 3 of the OLine were FA signings i think?

I dont know much about Sashi and his long term vision for the team, was Sashi the one that cut Joe Haden? 

Drafting Kizer seemed like a prettt big mistake when his college coach even said he could benefit from another year in college.

Sashi did a good job on drafting some talented players but he wasnt picking the right guys to fit for his team amd whiffed on drafting a few difference makers @ QB.

25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Just the repoire he has with Hue and how Hue tried to get him last season. If he wins his grievance it is very possible he would be the one throwing the rock to Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, David Njoku, Saquon Barkley and Duke Johnson.

That would be a bad thing for Gordon though. 

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Cherry pick or not when i draft AJG in the 1st rd given his talent, I'm expecting Antonio Brown type numbers and for him to finish as a top3 wr.  His problem is his coaching and his QB limit him. Dude was on pace to be the #1 wr couple of years ago before he was injured and thats even with the bengals getting super conservative when they got a lead and not targeting him for entire halves. This season was a complete disaster for his production

I prefer to pass on AJG in the 1st rd and take Josh Gordon wherever he lands because between the 2 undesireable coaches I trust Hue to focus on getting the ball to Josh more than I do Marvin to get the ball to AJG.  My view is it's the better use of draft capital for the wr position.  i don't think AJG will significantly outperform josh; so give me the best rb in rd1 and scoop up josh in rd3 or later or if u are feeling frisky get ajg and josh and scoop up as many rb's as u can

He's no longer a rd 1 candidate, so we are talking a 2nd rd value vs a 3rd rd reach of Gordon.

Nobody can argue Gordon's floor over AJG's...no matter who QBs the browns.

31 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

rapport 

Just now, dmb3684 said:

Yeah I'm confused. 

If he’d gone to almost any other school in the country he wouldn’t even have been drafted. It’s fine to like Gordon, but if he succeeds it’s gonna be in spite of not because of McCarron.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

My bad, didnt know you spoke for all of them.

Bengals kept a high round tender for many years on an average QB then.

Where did I say average? 

Well below average.

41 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

My bad, didnt know you spoke for all of them.

Bengals kept a high round tender for many years on an average QB then.

I noticed that the 49ers walked past that price tag.

Archived