Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ss3walkman said:

Brian Hoyer

Jason Campbell

Brandon Weeden

Still put up 87/1646/9 in 14 games. 

The point is that Tyrod is notoriously conservative and doesn't test defenses deep. There are more options than during his big year. He did it once and he could do it again. But the conditions aren't as favorable this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

The point is that Tyrod is notoriously conservative and doesn't test defenses deep. There are more options than during his big year. He did it once and he could do it again. But the conditions aren't as favorable this season.

Yes, people forget they had nothing to play for, they fed him double digit targets weekly. New regime, system and upgrade in weapons on the team now. Athletic freak or not, 5 years ago is eaons in an athlete's prime. Look, people either love him and believe or not. I't pretty tiresome at this point. I'm sure even if he sucks or misses extended period this year, he'll come right back with overblown expectations next season. This guy is the FF version of Michael Myers and Jason, unreal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, devaster said:

The point is that Tyrod is notoriously conservative and doesn't test defenses deep. There are more options than during his big year. He did it once and he could do it again. But the conditions aren't as favorable this season.

To that I say, Gordon isn't just a deep threat. He took plenty slants down the field.

 

I guess you can say there's more options this year, but that depends on how you feel about Landry and Coleman. I don't see a huge difference in the talent he has around him at WR this year than in 2013. They had Davone Bess, Travis Benjamin, and Greg Little. Outside of Landry, nothing jumps off the page, and again, some don't view Landry as high as others. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope today’s news pushes Gordon back into the 4th round.  I loved getting him as my 3rd WR... (practice draft)

 

Todays news emphasizes why taking Gordon as your #1 WR is nuts.  I love his upside, but the risk of a relapse is real, the dude has mental health issues.

 

Marijuana was probably the right drug for him.  Maybe he can get a prescription... LOL

 

The NFL needs to get with the times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, seanismorris said:

I hope today’s news pushes Gordon back into the 4th round.  I loved getting him as my 3rd WR... (practice draft)

 

Todays news emphasizes why taking Gordon as your #1 WR is nuts.  I love his upside, but the risk of a relapse is real, the dude has mental health issues.

 

Marijuana was probably the right drug for him.  Maybe he can get a prescription... LOL

 

The NFL needs to get with the times.

In theory it sounds relatively harmless until guys show up stoned...how you would like running routes high as s--- and the D-Back has zeroed in on you and he's straight coming at you like a missile?

Aside from a safety standpoint it would be the demise of the NFL. Dudes giggling in the huddle and forgetting the play by the time they line up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Invictus said:

In theory it sounds relatively harmless until guys show up stoned...how you would like running routes high as s--- and the D-Back has zeroed in on you and he's straight coming at you like a missile?

Aside from a safety standpoint it would be the demise of the NFL. Dudes giggling in the huddle and forgetting the play by the time they line up.

Are you sure?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh-gordon-admits-he-would-get-drunk-or-do-drugs-before-every-browns-game/amp/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

In theory it sounds relatively harmless until guys show up stoned...how you would like running routes high as s--- and the D-Back has zeroed in on you and he's straight coming at you like a missile?

Aside from a safety standpoint it would be the demise of the NFL. Dudes giggling in the huddle and forgetting the play by the time they line up.

he was high every game when he had his crazy year so that doesnt really make sense 

i know alot of guys who smoke and i don't see them giggling or forgetting things 

if anything them getting high allows them to focus more 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

In theory it sounds relatively harmless until guys show up stoned...how you would like running routes high as s--- and the D-Back has zeroed in on you and he's straight coming at you like a missile?

Aside from a safety standpoint it would be the demise of the NFL. Dudes giggling in the huddle and forgetting the play by the time they line up.

It’s a prescription... there are doses.  That’s what doctors are for.  You’re blowing it way out of proportion... it’s not like he’s driving heavy machinery.

 

Gordon’s alternative is probably drugs with nasty side-effects or alcohol. 

 

Alcohol-Related Deaths: An estimated 88,000 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

In theory it sounds relatively harmless until guys show up stoned...how you would like running routes high as s--- and the D-Back has zeroed in on you and he's straight coming at you like a missile?

Aside from a safety standpoint it would be the demise of the NFL. Dudes giggling in the huddle and forgetting the play by the time they line up.

 

Yea, you are just reaching here. Gordon already admitted to being high or drunk before every game during his record breaking season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

In theory it sounds relatively harmless until guys show up stoned...how you would like running routes high as s--- and the D-Back has zeroed in on you and he's straight coming at you like a missile?

Aside from a safety standpoint it would be the demise of the NFL. Dudes giggling in the huddle and forgetting the play by the time they line up.

I don't want to get into a drug debate but it sounds like you have a stereotypical view of weed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

It’s a prescription... there are doses.  That’s what doctors are for.  You’re blowing it way out of proportion... it’s not like he’s driving heavy machinery.

 

Gordon’s alternative is probably drugs with nasty side-effects or alcohol. 

 

Alcohol-Related Deaths: An estimated 88,000 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States.

I'm blowing it out of proportion...sure I am. Go do a survey of every player in the NFL and see what their response would be knowing the possibility half their team mates are lit taking the field. Ask the owners too, you know the guys who pay their salaries and hire them. Ask the doctors as well, what thier prognosis would be with half the field high as a kite. You think we see head injuries now...Ha!

 

As far as Gordon goes, at this point taking what ever comes out of his mouth is your own peril.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

In theory it sounds relatively harmless until guys show up stoned...how you would like running routes high as s--- and the D-Back has zeroed in on you and he's straight coming at you like a missile?

Aside from a safety standpoint it would be the demise of the NFL. Dudes giggling in the huddle and forgetting the play by the time they line up.

You do realize that theres an insane amount of highly functioning potheads, right? We smoke every single night, but go to work every morning and perform at a high level. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I don't want to get into a drug debate but it sounds like you have a stereotypical view of weed

Do ?...I'll let you in on a tiny secret since you have a crystal ball. I'm an avid smoker with a Med Card with access to 'the finest green'. And you know what? I would never dare set foot on a field, certainly with the level of play we're taking about knowing there are guys who are not stoned, with a DISTINCT ADVANTAGE over me. It's a ridiculous conversation...You ever hear the expression 'Head On A Swivel?"...maybe you should ponder it.

 

I wonder how Rodgers and Brady would opine, knowing Gronk was stoned, or Edelman and Jordy when they are running their routes with supposedly precise timing?

 

This is among the most ridiculous conversations I've ever engaged in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

You do realize that theres an insane amount of highly functioning potheads, right? We smoke every single night, but go to work every morning and perform at a high level. 

See above. And are you playing a professional sport?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

See above. And are you playing a professional sport?

What difference does it make if I play a professional sport, run a hedge fund, am the VP of sales for Kelloggs, or work on an assembly line? 

 

The point im making is that the majority of pot heads either don't go to work with a buzz, or are so unaffected from the high that they can complete every task before them, sometimes even better than sober. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Experienced Rookie said:

What difference does it make if I play a professional sport, run a hedge fund, am the VP of sales for Kelloggs, or work on an assembly line? 

 

The point im making is that the majority of pot heads either don't go to work with a buzz, or are so unaffected from the high that they can complete every task before them, sometimes even better than sober. 

What difference does it make?? When you have 255 lb men running at you full speed for an hour, you wouldn't be ridiculous enough to make that statement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

I'm blowing it out of proportion...sure I am. Go do a survey of every player in the NFL and see what their response would be knowing the possibility half their team mates are lit taking the field. Ask the owners too, you know the guys who pay their salaries and hire them. Ask the doctors as well, what thier prognosis would be with half the field high as a kite. You think we see head injuries now...Ha!

 

As far as Gordon goes, at this point taking what ever comes out of his mouth is your own peril.

Hello Mr. Dinosaur,

 

You might want to get an update from your doctor.  It’s only a matter of time it’s approved for medical use in every state.

 

I’ve never used marijuana, but it’s obviously it’s helping a variety of people with different illnesses.

 

There’s a big difference between taking a recommend amount prescribed by a doctor, and being “stoned”.  Just like with alcohol, there’s a amount that leaves you relatively unimpaired, and to much that makes it unsafe to drive (for example).

 

The FDA has already approved one drug product that contains the purified substance cannabidiol.  And, dozens are coming.  Marijuana (extracts, etc.) company are already listed on stock exchanges and worth billions.  We can no longer stick our heads in the sand, and say there are no medical uses.  The FDA has admitted it, next up the DEA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Hello Mr. Dinosaur,

 

You might want to get an update from your doctor.  It’s only a matter of time it’s approved for medical use in every state.

 

I’ve never used marijuana, but it’s obviously it’s helping a variety of people with different illnesses.

 

There’s a big difference between taking a recommend amount prescribed by a doctor, and being “stoned”.  Just like with alcohol, there’s a amount that leaves you relatively unimpaired, and to much that makes it unsafe to drive (for example).

 

The FDA has already approved one drug product that contains the purified substance cannabidiol.  And, dozens are coming.  Marijuana (extracts, etc.) company are already listed on stock exchanges and worth billions.  We can no longer stick our heads in the sand, and say there are no medical uses.  The FDA has admitted it, next up the DEA.

You really shouldn't say anything after the bold sentence. I maybe a 'Dinosaur' but I'm not someone who pontificates on a subject he has absolutely no point of reference...I guess that would make you pretty silly to put it mildly? But I do know what the effects of weed has, be it stoned or one hit or whatever dosage YOU have no idea what the effects will be individual to individual. 

 

And the usage of this is for the safety and comfort of your home. these are just some of the questions asked and gone over when this Dinosaur received his Med card. It's not meant to play a full contact sport with the minute to minute risk of injury, paralysis or death. But please...tell me more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...