NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Thats what i figured.

2013 Josh Gordon had 1,646 receiving yards and 9 TDs with Brandon Weeden.

Could be AJ McCarron or almost any competent QB and Josh could do 1,300 and 8.

Nobody doubts Gordon's talent. AJ McCarron would not be a competent QB, is where you are losing me and others.

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Nobody doubts Gordon's talent. AJ McCarron would not be a competent QB, is where you are losing me and others.

Its the Josh Gordon thread. AJ is who I, me, myself, think they will get but it could be Alex Smith but i dont think alex wants to go to a rebuilding team.

Im more interested in Josh Gordon, i think AJ can push Josh to a 1,300 and 10 season, which would put Josh in the discussion for best WR.

AJ is just who i think will be throwing the ball based on his relationship with Hue, familiarity with the offense, and willingness to go to Cleveland. That would give Cleveland a 2 or 3 year answer at QB while they draft other positional needs and wait for their franchise QB through either upcoming drafts or FA.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Its the Josh Gordon thread. AJ is who I, me, myself, think they will get but it could be Alex Smith but i dont think alex wants to go to a rebuilding team.

Im more interested in Josh Gordon, i think AJ can push Josh to a 1,300 and 10 season, which would put Josh in the discussion for best WR.

AJ is just who i think will be throwing the ball based on his relationship with Hue, familiarity with the offense, and willingness to go to Cleveland. That would give Cleveland a 2 or 3 year answer at QB while they draft other positional needs and wait for their franchise QB through either upcoming drafts or FA.

You referred to AJ as 'good' and 'competent', both lies.

I know how to read, you are just wrong here. 

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Thats what i figured.

He could indeed...I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

42 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

You referred to AJ as 'good' and 'competent', both lies.

I know how to read, you are just wrong here. 

Based off what? Or am i just wrong because you say so?

Cause the draft tender the Bengals put on him indicates you are wrong here.

Feel free to provide anything other than your say so to back up your claim.

This is obviously a wait and see type scenario, but if Josh Gordon stays out of trouble I prefer that McCarron not be his QB for me to spend the pick going after him. 

No one will ever have absolute answers, however and I speak for myself, I don't like McCarron as an NFL QB leading a franchise I spend a high pick on a WR. I saw that first hand this year with TYH

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Based off what? Or am i just wrong because you say so?

Cause the draft tender the Bengals put on him indicates you are wrong here.

Feel free to provide anything other than your say so to back up your claim.

So the draft tender placed on him by the Bengals means he’s a good QB. Is this the same Bengals that haven’t won a playoff game in an eon, and also decided keeping Marvin Lewis was a good idea?

11 minutes ago, petekrum said:

So the draft tender placed on him by the Bengals means he’s a good QB. Is this the same Bengals that haven’t won a playoff game in an eon, and also decided keeping Marvin Lewis was a good idea?

Yes, same organization who drafted AJ Green and Joe Mixon.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The point is that just because this trash heap of a franchise put the tender on him doesn’t make him a good QB. Oh and the Browns drafted Joe Thomas and Josh Gordon, how far has that gotten them. Every team in the league has made some good picks, doesn’t mean they know what the hell theyre doing.

3 minutes ago, petekrum said:

The point is that just because this trash heap of a franchise put the tender on him doesn’t make him a good QB. Oh and the Browns drafted Joe Thomas and Josh Gordon, how far has that gotten them. Every team in the league has made some good picks, doesn’t mean they know what the hell theyre doing.

Doesnt mean that they have made a mistake either. They still have better talent evaluators than you and me.

I havent even called him all that great, just that he is good enough to give Josh Gordon a couple of great seasons, if thats the way the Browns go.

15 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lol. I hardly think that makes an organization a good one. 

IIRC AJG was a can't miss prospect in 2011. That's a long time ago. Hardly means the Bengals are great talent evaluators IMO. 

If McCarron gets the nod I guess we'll see how great he is

4 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol. I hardly think that makes an organization a good one. 

IIRC AJG was a can't miss prospect in 2011. That's a long time ago. Hardly means the Bengals are great talent evaluators IMO. 

If McCarron gets the nod I guess we'll see how great he is

Ok, vontez burfict, geno atkins, dre k. Gio bernard, andrew whitworth.

A perennial playoff team who haznt had a top 5 pick in years is bad at evaluating talent?

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ok, vontez burfict, geno atkins, dre k. Gio bernard, andrew whitworth.

A perennial playoff team is bad at evaluating talent?

Lol. Try again man. Anyone can hand pick a few successes off any team if you want to call that "success". 

I'm a big draft guy. You want to hook your trailer to the Bengals talent evaluation I assure you it's a sinking ship. 

I'll say the book still out on 2017, but what about 2014-2016. No pro bowls. Bunch of JAGs. I'm re looking over those draft classes and they're even worse than I remember them lol. 

We all have our own opinions though. You've got yours and you won't be swayed and I've got mine and until Bengals have real success in the draft and do something meaningful I'm probably gonna stay with my stance of poor talent evaluators. 

Playoff wins:

Blake bortles - 2

Bengals under Marvin Lewis - 0

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Thats what i figured.

What is your point?

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

DHC isn't worth arguing with. Moving to ignore. We should talk about Josh Gordon again.

Id like talking about Josh Gordon. I dont believe i was the one who derailed the thread.

Anyway, Josh will be an essy WR1 this year as long as they get a competent QB this offseason.

11 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Doesnt mean that they have made a mistake either. They still have better talent evaluators than you and me.

I havent even called him all that great, just that he is good enough to give Josh Gordon a couple of great seasons, if thats the way the Browns go.

Hey, if you’re happy winning 4, 5, 6 games a year over the length of his contract, by all means sign McCarron, but if you’d actually like to field a winning team you should pursue a QB with more than jag level talent.

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

Hey, if you’re happy winning 4, 5, 6 games a year over the length of his contract, by all means sign McCarron, but if you’d actually like to field a winning team you should pursue a QB with more than jag level talent.

If he can get  the ball to josh 10-15x per game and Josh gets me +30pts week , e can be a JAG QB. The Browns success doesnt show up in my points column :P

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

I would take Mark Sanchez as the next Browns QB if he targets Josh the entire game ^_^

I read an article that said Cousins would not be against going to Cleveland if the deal is right.

Id go if i was Cousins, they can afford to pay you the most and they would immediately be the best WRs he has ever played with. Plus if they got Barkley it would be like a Chris Thompson hybrid, Kirk would love that.

45 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I read an article that said Cousins would not be against going to Cleveland if the deal is right.

Id go if i was Cousins, they can afford to pay you the most and they would immediately be the best WRs he has ever played with. Plus if they got Barkley it would be like a Chris Thompson hybrid, Kirk would love that.

young team with talent and draft picks with a new veteran GM but coach with uncertain future.  i don't think cousins would be trading down per se because the redskins are always a volatile situation with snyder as the owner.  Signing a proven vet QB would actually stabilize the Browns more than a high draft pick rookie

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Barkley would be  a Chris Thompson hybrid? Know I’ve heard everything. Barkley is Thompson to the thousandth power.

39 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Barkley would be  a Chris Thompson hybrid? Know I’ve heard everything. Barkley is Thompson to the thousandth power.

A chris thompson hybrid would be a solid back who can handle more consistent pounding between the tackles than Chris and who is proficient in the pass game with 4.3 speed, like Chris Thompson.

Archived