NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

2 hours ago, Grayson2401 said:

I think Tyrod is a sneaky good fantasy QB this year. Definitely worth a stash. With his WR weapons, Duke out of the backfield, and his legs, he could be in for a very good fantasy season. 

Its the Browns......

Browns are looking at Dez.... yeah i think I officially give up on this guy, good luck fellas

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Its the Browns......

Browns are looking at Dez.... yeah i think I officially give up on this guy, good luck fellas

This appears to be the best team the Browns have had in some time. And regardless of their actual success, they could have some very good fantasy plays this season.

Every team should be looking at Dez. Big deal. 

At this point, we do not have any suspensions and the team expects him to play this season. The recent news is obviously worth monitoring but nothing has really changed. 

7 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Its the Browns......

Byyyyyyyyyyye!!

To Josh Gordon owners...sell low while you can! (and no, I'm no longer interested in buying low):

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24191752/cleveland-browns-discussed-adding-wr-dez-bryant-mix

No way would they be even considering Dez if Gordon's predicament was as smooth as they've portrayed. Teams lie, roster moves don't. 

2 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

This appears to be the best team the Browns have had in some time. And regardless of their actual success, they could have some very good fantasy plays this season.

Every team should be looking at Dez. Big deal. 

At this point, we do not have any suspensions and the team expects him to play this season. The recent news is obviously worth monitoring but nothing has really changed. 

Youre right, but I can’t take this anymore, every year its the same....tired of waiting for him, i hope he does well but I’m not taking risks with this guy.

- Discussed and Discussing are two different things.

- Bryant himself said he would only join a contender.

- Bryant + Josh Gordon isn't a bad thing at all.

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Youre right, but I can’t take this anymore, every year its the same....tired of waiting for him, i hope he does well but I’m not taking risks with this guy.

Well it all depends on what he costs you. His ADP is sure to fall with the recent news. At some point, any player is worth their inherent risks. 

I remember 2 years ago drafting him, holding for a month ... then he decides to go to rehab right as he’s due back 

Sounds eerily similar to this situation ... no thanks.

such a shame, he’s literally one of the best players in the league every time he’s on the field. Underlying psychological issues / addiction are no joke, unfortunately 

By no means am I a GM... I'm sure some will simply say it's the browns being the browns... But.... If I just took baker Mayfield with the first pick and I'm aware of his character concerns why in the world would I bring Dez in? Watching what he went through with dak it just seems like bringing him into the locker room would not be a good move no matter how desperate I was for wrs

1 minute ago, Farfromhome said:

By no means am I a GM... I'm sure some will simply say it's the browns being the browns... But.... If I just took baker Mayfield with the first pick and I'm aware of his character concerns why in the world would I bring Dez in? Watching what he went through with dak it just seems like bringing him into the locker room would not be a good move no matter how desperate I was for wrs

I think Baker definitely had some immaturity issues off the field, but by all accounts, I think he was a great teammate and leader. I do not see any reason Dez would be a poor fit more than most other teams in the league. Would someone like Brady, Rodgers, Brees be able to better handle the situation? Sure. But there are only a handful of guys like that. 

Tyrod is their starter either way.

14 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I remember 2 years ago drafting him, holding for a month ... then he decides to go to rehab right as he’s due back 

Sounds eerily similar to this situation ... no thanks.

such a shame, he’s literally one of the best players in the league every time he’s on the field. Underlying psychological issues / addiction are no joke, unfortunately 

We were holding out hope it was nothing then too.   He’s a hard pass for me now.    Landry on the other hand....

I agree with u mostly Grayson... But it's about risk and reward... What's the best case scenario... This isn't Dez of a few years ago... Best case can he get u 1000 yards and maybe 10 tds? Possible I guess... Doubtful but possible... What's the risk?...he comes in and alienates teammates and the  "all eyes on him" takes away from the team.... Just doesn't seem worth it.. Imo

Man the Gordon fanboys are next level. I love his talent as much as the next guy and am certainly rooting for him to make a full comeback to the league, but I don't see how the GM openly discussing the possibility of going after Dez can be interpreted as anything but an ominous sign.

26 minutes ago, Farfromhome said:

But.... If I just took baker Mayfield with the first pick and I'm aware of his character concerns why in the world would I bring Dez ?

You’re not thinking like the Browns. 

With Gordon’s issues all “fixed,” Who better to mentor and develop Mayfield’s questionable character than a diva with attitude problems? Makes sense in Cleveland. Things are different there.

2 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Man the Gordon fanboys are next level. I love his talent as much as the next guy and am certainly rooting for him to make a full comeback to the league, but I don't see how the GM openly discussing the possibility of going after Dez can be interpreted as anything but an ominous sign.

Agreed.  The GM could've simply said there is no chance of suspension, when asked.  Yet he didn't.  That's a big arse cause for concern.

Am a big Gordon fan, and would love to see him back on the field.  More importantly, I really do hope he's able to get past this and lead a relatively normal life. 

3 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

1 minute ago, Goatstain3 said:

Agreed.  The GM could've simply said there is no chance of suspension, when asked.  Yet he didn't.  That's a big arse cause for concern.

Am a big Gordon fan, and would love to see him back on the field.  More importantly, I really do hope he's able to get past this and lead a relatively normal life. 

They also said they "absolutely" expect him to play this season. I do not believe there are any possibilities of (just) suspensions for Josh Gordon. It is basically banishment from the league with any more infractions. If they expect him to play this season, you have to assume they do not expect any suspensions. 

I'm 100% out on this cat.  Can't trust him, he has much bigger demons to worry about.  I will not be investing in Gordon this season.  There are much better WR's to invest in.  I'd rather not deal with this headache week to week.

Archived