NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

Image result for rollercoaster

this thread...

That’s what you get with possibly the most physically talented WR in the game, that has mental health issues.

Any little piece of information is analyzed to death.  I wonder how many fantasy players are going to go “I’m drafting Baldwin or Fitz, because I want to keep my hair”.

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

To Josh Gordon owners...sell low while you can! (and no, I'm no longer interested in buying low):

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24191752/cleveland-browns-discussed-adding-wr-dez-bryant-mix

No way would they be even considering Dez if Gordon's predicament was as smooth as they've portrayed. Teams lie, roster moves don't. 

Did anyone bother to read this article? lol

It says they had 'discussions about Dez'....well No ****!! He may be well past his prime but he is former 3x probowler and one of the best receivers of his generation, currently without a job looking for a new home. The staff would need to be a bunch of morons not to at least talk about him. I'm sure the staff of EVERY NFL team has talked about him.

3 minutes ago, bigslick631 said:

It says they had 'discussions about Dez'....well No ****!! He may be well past his prime but he is former 3x probowler and one of the best receivers of his generation, currently without a job looking for a new home. The staff would need to be a bunch of morons not to at least talk about him. I'm sure the staff of EVERY NFL team has talked about him.

ESPN has a hard on for Browns all of a sudden.

6 minutes ago, bigslick631 said:

Discussions they weren't having before this latest Gordon incident. Do the math.

58 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I didn’t like hearing the Browns were interested in Dez.  

If they sign Dez it’s because the concern over Gordon is greater than stated.

The Browns are stacked at WR unless...

They are not stacked position wise  at wr, they lose another starter they are in trouble.  it's Landry-coleman-callaway-higgins ready to play  last I checked.

They are stacked talent wise with Josh on the roster.

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

They are not stacked position wise  at wr, they lose another starter they are in trouble.  it's Landry-coleman-callaway-higgins ready to play  last I checked.

They are stacked talent wise with Josh on the roster.

I think the point is that if Gordon/Landry stay healthy/out of trouble and Coleman improves a little there is no room for Dez and the last thing you want on your roster is a part time/disgruntled Dez. The Browns could use some depth, but Dez isn't a "depth" player. He is a player that will demand the ball a ton. 

Dez seems like the kind of player that would be best suited to wait until a team suffers an injury/suspension to a top WR and then scoop him up as their #1/2. If the Browns think that Gordon is out for a while, then maybe he makes sense.

Look at the Cowboys. They aren't exactly stacked at WR and they were like "meh, we'll pass on Dez." 

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

It could be that Gordon is holding out...he's only making like 700k this year 

:ph34r:

I love Gordon but if he actually decided to hold out at this stage he has single digit brain cells.

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

It could be that Gordon is holding out...he's only making like 700k this year 

:ph34r:

I don’t think he’s in a position to hold out, but stranger things have happened.  Getting traded would be interesting.  I’m sure NE would be willing to give up Edleman ; )

Dorsey on Gordon’s return: “It could be 10 days, 20 days, 30 days ...” There is clearly plenty of time for this Gordon situation to once again go off the rails. pic.twitter.com/u6zfXcJjH7

— Thomas George (@ThomasG2308) July 25, 2018

59 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I think losing Ricardo Louis for the season also has something to do with the Dez talks.

Probably as much or more than the Gordon news.

more like Ricardo Who-dis amirite

45 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Dorsey on Gordon’s return: “It could be 10 days, 20 days, 30 days ...” There is clearly plenty of time for this Gordon situation to once again go off the rails. pic.twitter.com/u6zfXcJjH7

— Thomas George (@ThomasG2308) July 25, 2018

Post the rest...

"But I think when we get to that point, when he decides to come back I think then you embrace him and move forward..."

30 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Post the rest...

"But I think when we get to that point, when he decides to come back I think then you embrace him and move forward..."

Browns coach Hue Jackson said Corey Coleman would start if Josh Gordon isn't available.

Coleman has the early edge over rookie Antonio Callaway. That could change with Callaway healthy after missing minicamp. Even with Gordon's status up in the air, Coleman is a candidate for a preseason trade.

"........".........

I think we can eliminate the Ricardo theory if Coleman is on the trade block...

There are a lot of moving parts.  We’ll just need to wait for clarity.

One thing people are overlooking is once you are reinstated from an indefinite ban the NFL assigns you a medical director to handle your treatment. Anything the director says you need to do, you must do or you will no longer be allowed to continue playing.

This decision more than likely was not his but was that of medical professionals who want to change his routine right before a very stressful time of the year to see how he reacts. During the regular season there is a lot more travel which means Gordon will have less access to his support network and will be less able to settle in to routines like he currently does and they just want to make sure that he will handle it well when the regular season starts.

3 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

As much concern as there is there is with Gordon at the moment (and rightfully so), this is a foolish take.

Last pick? Hell yeah id take him my last pick. That guy is trippin lol but his adp is too high for my liking. Pun intended.

14 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

One thing people are overlooking is once you are reinstated from an indefinite ban the NFL assigns you a medical director to handle your treatment. Anything the director says you need to do, you must do or you will no longer be allowed to continue playing.

This decision more than likely was not his but was that of medical professionals who want to change his routine right before a very stressful time of the year to see how he reacts. During the regular season there is a lot more travel which means Gordon will have less access to his support network and will be less able to settle in to routines like he currently does and they just want to make sure that he will handle it well when the regular season starts.

This would have been mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Ddam2013 said:

I have doubts the NFL cares a flying @#&* about players mental health.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:43 PM, Evincar said:

Im not sure why you would mention Benjamin at all. He had 5 catches in 2013. He didnt have his big year until 2015.

Because he was still on that team. The question was about talent. Not production. Coleman hasn’t produced. Calloway hasn’t or the TE. We’re comparing the talent. Talent doesn’t necessarily equal production. Benjamin is a talented player as we can see now which is why I mentioned him. The 2013 team had talent. This years team has talent. Doesn’t mean they’ll stop Gordon from eating. 

3 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

Because he was still on that team. The question was about talent. Not production. Coleman hasn’t produced. Calloway hasn’t or the TE. We’re comparing the talent. Talent doesn’t necessarily equal production. Benjamin is a talented player as we can see now which is why I mentioned him. The 2013 team had talent. This years team has talent. Doesn’t mean they’ll stop Gordon from eating. 

The 2013 team had neither talent nor production outside of Gordon. Benjamin was never viewed as a talent. Nor was anyone else on the roster besides Gordon. They have talent on the current roster in Coleman, Njoku, and Chubb. And they have both talent and production in Landry, Hyde and Duke.

5 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

He probably took the medical director out drinking.

Archived