NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

8 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I read an article that said Cousins would not be against going to Cleveland if the deal is right.

Id go if i was Cousins, they can afford to pay you the most and they would immediately be the best WRs he has ever played with. Plus if they got Barkley it would be like a Chris Thompson hybrid, Kirk would love that.

Duke Johnson = Chris Thompson 

They don't need another one. 

Barkley is the total package. 

I also think Hue would mismanage barkley though. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, dashoe said:

young team with talent and draft picks with a new veteran GM but coach with uncertain future.  i don't think cousins would be trading down per se because the redskins are always a volatile situation with snyder as the owner.  Signing a proven vet QB would actually stabilize the Browns more than a high draft pick rookie

Yeah and Rosen already said he doesn't want to play for the Browns. And he is the best QB in this draft class IMO 

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Duke Johnson = Chris Thompson 

They don't need another one. 

Barkley is the total package. 

I also think Hue would mismanage barkley though. 

chris thompson hybrid would be a solid back who can handle more consistent pounding between the tackles than Chris and who is proficient in the pass game with 4.3 speed, like Chris Thompson

8 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

A chris thompson hybrid would be a solid back who can handle more consistent pounding between the tackles than Chris and who is proficient in the pass game with 4.3 speed, like Chris Thompson.

Yeah, and Kevin Durant is a JR Smith hybrid. 

3 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Haley likes the deep ball.  I like when Josh goes deep.  This should make owners happy.

Imagine Josh getting a full offseason of practice in with the 1st team offense a new OC and a new QB. . . :blink:

Haley isnt stupid he knows exactly how much young talent is on the Browns

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

Imagine Josh getting a full offseason of practice in with the 1st team offense a new OC and a new QB. . . :blink:

Haley isnt stupid he knows exactly how much young talent is on the Browns

Just need a good QB who can sling it. Here's one out of left field. Would love to see the Browns trade for Jacoby Brissett. 90% sure this won't happen, but he throws a great deep ball and would light it up with Gordon. 

16 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

Just need a good QB who can sling it. Here's one out of left field. Would love to see the Browns trade for Jacoby Brissett. 90% sure this won't happen, but he throws a great deep ball and would light it up with Gordon. 

Your hoping for Jacoby Brissett?? You did see that Ty Hilton who is a pretty good deep threat himself was worthless this year.  I think they should setting their sights alot higher then him.

7 hours ago, youngrice said:

Your hoping for Jacoby Brissett?? You did see that Ty Hilton who is a pretty good deep threat himself was worthless this year.  I think they should setting their sights alot higher then him.

I like  TY but Josh is a physical football freak and does things TY simply doesnt have the natural gifts to do. A QB throwing to a  6'4 225 guy vs a 5'9 180 guy is the difference between hitting a softball and hitting a baseball.  Josh makes every QB better whereas TY needs a very accurate QB he has rapport with.  Any QB is better than Kizer is the point

7 hours ago, youngrice said:

Gordon has a good amount more talent and size than TY.

42 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Any QB is better than Kizer is the point

Exactly why I said they should set their sights higher then Brissett.  They have some good weapons on offense now go get a good QB.  Not settle for a career backup.

11 hours ago, youngrice said:

That's pretty much Hilton's mo. He's nicknamed The Ghost for a reason. Throw in the fact that Brissett was little more than a developmental rookie starting behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league and it's not surprising that the connection between Brissett and everyone not named Jack Doyle was up and down. 

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

I like  TY but Josh is a physical football freak and does things TY simply doesnt have the natural gifts to do. A QB throwing to a  6'4 225 guy vs a 5'9 180 guy is the difference between hitting a softball and hitting a baseball.  Josh makes every QB better whereas TY needs a very accurate QB he has rapport with.  Any QB is better than Kizer is the point

letmeout.gif

8 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

How bad was Kizer? Don't watch many Browns games, but he was a 22 year old rookie on a bad team. Seems dumb to move on so quickly.

very bad.  physical skills are fine but he processes what goes on in the game too slow; by the time he makes the right read and executes, it's too late. He needs to spend a year or 2 on the practice squad and mentored by a vet

2 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

That's pretty much Hilton's mo. He's nicknamed The Ghost for a reason. Throw in the fact that Brissett was little more than a developmental rookie starting behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league and it's not surprising that the connection between Brissett and everyone not named Jack Doyle was up and down. 

letmeout.gif

Well Hilton did just lead the league in receiving yards the year before.  So was it Hilton or the guy throwing him the ball?

6 hours ago, youngrice said:

Well Hilton did just lead the league in receiving yards the year before.  So was it Hilton or the guy throwing him the ball?

Well that made no sense whatsoever.

Look, I get you're no a believer in Brissett, but a lot of people like Belechick, Parcells, McDaniels and others think Brissett is a starter level talent. I do too. 

Hilton had the benefit of Andrew Luck throwing to him up until last year. But even when he did he would still disappear for games at a time. 

10 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

letmeout.gif

I have no meme or gif ability so this one is truly over my head. :lol:

10 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

How bad was Kizer? Don't watch many Browns games, but he was a 22 year old rookie on a bad team. Seems dumb to move on so quickly.

He was really bad. I think if they were willing to keep trying with him, they would have moved from Hue because it was obvious that Hue can't develop him. And the fact Hue let him play that bad all year, probably killed his future.

Archived