NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

18 minutes ago, dashoe said:

that would be the dumbest GM move ever given he is still on his rookie contract and costs them nothing; they could never get his true value in return

I never mentioned what they should or should‘t get.  With Tyrod coming to town...I’d keep Gordon around if it were me. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I never mentioned what they should or should‘t get.  With Tyrod coming to town...I’d keep Gordon around if it were me. 

I never mentioned that you implied either; i'm stating my opinion on the possibilty

Dorsey was asked on PFT Live if he thinks Gordon can return to being the player who led the NFL with 1,646 receiving yards in 2013.

“I do,” Dorsey replied. I mean there was a lot of time laid off there, but when I watched him play in those last four games that Cleveland had, you could see, you know what, he’s a pretty good player, a really good football player.”

On Wednesday, Browns coach Hue Jackson said Gordon is “having a really good offseason” and “I truly believe that Josh Gordon is going to have a great year for us.”

Is there any reason to be concerned that there won't be enough to go around for him to beast?  Gordon is a beast on his own, but with Landry added, I assume Barkley, will the coaching staff air it out enough to really make his ADP worth it?

31 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Is there any reason to be concerned that there won't be enough to go around for him to beast?  Gordon is a beast on his own, but with Landry added, I assume Barkley, will the coaching staff air it out enough to really make his ADP worth it?

I think the concern is defenses would make it a priority to take him out of plays and let tyrod and the short passing game try to beat them however  as we witnessed last season with 4 games a rusty Gordon and a crappy QB defenses couldnt stop Gordon, the QB did. Gordon was getting open at will.

Tyrod has the arm and mobility to deliver the ball to Gordon, if his accuracy is there Gordon should be a top3 wr next season with 7-10 targets because Josh kills you with what he does after the catch unlike Landry.

2 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Man this dude is gonna beast next year quit tripping .. The only people saying otherwise are the losers that missed on getting him .. He’s a generational talent 

i never said that gordon wasnt a good talent. i took a chance on him and had him when he had his great season. but my thoughts are that i believe landry will have a better season in that offense then gordon will. if they add barkley, they will run more. and when they do pass barkley is also going to be a factor especially if tyrod has to move out of the pocket more. the rbs and short passing game become more of an outlet, and your deep guys can get frustrated with that. (see dez bryant). everyone says thats not clevelands game. well they didnt have barkley, landry, and tyrod last year either. and a good offense will take what the defense gives. and then when they adjust to that now you have the defense thinking twice. thats when gordon could be a big factor. otherwise they can double gordon leaving single on landry ? i like those odds for landry and the short game.

41 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

i never said that gordon wasnt a good talent. i took a chance on him and had him when he had his great season. but my thoughts are that i believe landry will have a better season in that offense then gordon will. if they add barkley, they will run more. and when they do pass barkley is also going to be a factor especially if tyrod has to move out of the pocket more. the rbs and short passing game become more of an outlet, and your deep guys can get frustrated with that. (see dez bryant). everyone says thats not clevelands game. well they didnt have barkley, landry, and tyrod last year either. and a good offense will take what the defense gives. and then when they adjust to that now you have the defense thinking twice. thats when gordon could be a big factor. otherwise they can double gordon leaving single on landry ? i like those odds for landry and the short game.

in 2 long pass scoring plays Josh Gordon can get you 20pts

26 minutes ago, dashoe said:

in 2 long pass scoring plays Josh Gordon can get you 20pts

Tyrod has one of the best deep balls in the NFL.  I see them taking 2 deep shots with Gordon per game at minimum.

On 3/10/2018 at 7:27 PM, dashoe said:

Dorsey was asked on PFT Live if he thinks Gordon can return to being the player who led the NFL with 1,646 receiving yards in 2013.

“I do,” Dorsey replied. I mean there was a lot of time laid off there, but when I watched him play in those last four games that Cleveland had, you could see, you know what, he’s a pretty good player, a really good football player.”

On Wednesday, Browns coach Hue Jackson said Gordon is “having a really good offseason” and “I truly believe that Josh Gordon is going to have a great year for us.”

Has Hue kept his promise of jumping in the river for CLE winning fewer than 2 games last year?  His words don't have a lot of credibility. 

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Has Hue kept his promise of jumping in the river for CLE winning fewer than 2 games last year?  His words don't have a lot of credibility. 

It was if they won 1 game. They won 0.

He should have to jump in twice. How pathetic. "Yeah I said if we win 1. We won 0 so lucky me."

As expected, the #Browns have tendered Josh Gordon as an exclusive rights free agent. He'll make 2 year vet min of $790,000 in '18, just $15.19M less than Jarvis Landry

— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) 

Let's not forget about the most import FA move folks. . .:D

On 3/11/2018 at 10:44 PM, RustyMiller said:

Tyrod has one of the best deep balls in the NFL.  I see them taking 2 deep shots with Gordon per game at minimum.

Gordon could be truly frightening with the guy in these clips throwing the ball. I hope that's who he gets.....

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2018 at 7:26 PM, not an nfl scout said:

Landry is the one of the most overrated WRs in the game while Gordon was created in a lab. Landry won't even come close to Gordon in any format.

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Landry is the one of the most overrated WRs in the game while Gordon was created in a lab. Landry won't even come close to Gordon in any format.

"was created in a lab"

200_s.gif

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

What aspect of Landry's game is over-rated, exactly!?

6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

?

Elaborate?

12 minutes ago, psygolf said:

What aspect of Landry's game is over-rated, exactly!?

I have the same question. At 161 targets last season (tied for 3rd with Fitzgerald), yet only 3 drops; Landry may have a low YAC, however his hands are vicelike. He also led the league in receptions last season at 112. 

Jarvis Landry is one of my favorite players cause he makes fantasy gamers heads explode. He's a true 0-percentile athlete who posts Yards per reception averages closer to that of a RB than a WR. He's also undoubtedly good at football. 

2 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

?

Elaborate?

I have the same question. At 161 targets last season (tied for 3rd with Fitzgerald), yet only 3 drops; Landry may have a low YAC, however his hands are vicelike. He also led the league in receptions last season at 112. 

Thats the crux of the issue. The game today focuses on chunky plays and guys who do more with the  ball in their hands after the catch..  Landry simply catches the ball and that's about it. Saying a wr is great because he catches the ball is like saying a rb is great because he doesnt fumble it. or a QB is great because he passed the ball

21 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Thats the crux of the issue. The game today focuses on chunky plays and guys who do more with the  ball in their hands after the catch..  Landry simply catches the ball and that's about it. Saying a wr is great because he catches the ball is like saying a rb is great because he doesnt fumble it. or a QB is great because he passed the ball

Those are awful comparisons

13 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Those are awful comparisons

34 minutes ago, dashoe said:

SingleImperturbableAlabamamapturtle-max-

Archived