NBC Sports Edge Forums

10 team 5x5 Roto dynasty, we keep 20. We are expanding so new teams pick until round 20 before existing teams get to draft so I am contemplating keeping some relievers. I have an owner who gave me a list of players he had interest in and wants to do a 4 for 3 type deal to get more keeper level guys. Here is my roster projected keepers in bold. 

C - Gary Sanchez

1B - Goldschmidt 

2B - Murphy

3B - Donaldson

SS - Story

MI - Moncada

CI - Bellinger

OFx5 - Springer, Pollock, Benintendi, McCutchen, Nomar Mazara

UTx2 - Jose Abreu

BE (non keepers) Chris Davis, Kipnis, Russell, Carlos Gonazalez 

Px9

SP - Archer, Carrasco, Arrieta, Tanaka, Paxton, McCullers

RP - Rivero

BE (non keepers) - Quintana, Salazar, Allen, Holland, Hand, Oh

Who I am keeping is not important because I am trying to solve my keeper problem by Pulling a big trade. The owner gave me a big list of players from my roster. 

He has Starlin Marte, Strasburgh, Kluber and Jansen 

Does a trade like this make any sense for me given the type of guys I'd be giving back anyway? All the guys are from the list he gave me btw

give: Paxton, McCullers, Holland, Arrieta, Quintana

get: Stras, Kluber, Marte

?? I know it is volume for quality, but that is what the guy is looking for... 

Post links and I'll help.

I can see going either way on this. I really like Paxton and McCullers, their youth will be highly valued in a dynasty format (from my experience). But Klubot is an absolute stud. I feel the same way about Strasburg as I do about Paxton or McCullers, elite upside, great when on the mound, just have to be on the mound. I think this may be a deal you regret eventually, but one in the hand is worth two in the bush. 

1 hour ago, sngehl01 said:

I can see going either way on this. I really like Paxton and McCullers, their youth will be highly valued in a dynasty format (from my experience). But Klubot is an absolute stud. I feel the same way about Strasburg as I do about Paxton or McCullers, elite upside, great when on the mound, just have to be on the mound. I think this may be a deal you regret eventually, but one in the hand is worth two in the bush. 

That is kind of how I feel about it as well. The only reason is I am really doing a 3 for 3 trade because two of the guys in the deal are not keepers for me. 

A team like yours is primed to win now - take Kluber/Stras, seriously it's excellent value.

McCullers's name is already being thrown around as someone who may suffer due to Cole's acquisition. Holland doesn't even have a job and teams are hesitant to give him anything long-term. Arrieta and Quintana are both climbing in age and, frankly, are not close to Kluber or Strasburg. TAKE THIS AND RUN!

Help with mine?

Just wanted to close this one off. 

Trade didn't go exactly as hoped, but I still think I made a good deal. I lost by 1 point last year and my worst cat was steals so adding Marte should help me in AVG and Steals and could easily make that point up. 

I gave: Arrieta, McCullers, Quintana, Holland

I got: Strausburgh and Marte