Mike Williams 2018 Outlook

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly tried clicking on Chapter One 

It’s hard for me to understand anything you wrote, but I believe we are both fans of mike Williams this week and going forward.

Free Willy!!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Wild Thing said:

I’m targeting him in every league. What do you all think he does next season?

WR log jam

They need to get rid of Tyrell so Mike can play full time.

Big time difference maker at WR but unsure how to assess his draft value because of all the mouths to feed.

Will he be TD dependent with Keenan Allen getting like 12 targets a game?

19 minutes ago, Wild Thing said:

I’m targeting him in every league. What do you all think he does next season?

He does whatever keenan-melvin-henry dont do.  Flex at best TD dependent don't see the volume for ppr

Had him all season in a reserve slot on the roster.  Never showed me anything.  Not sure if I'm keeping him next year but will try to get him back in the draft if I don't, just because of the hypothetical upside.

• Like 1

Yeah, until Tyrell goes I don't think he'd be a worthwhile pick/stash.  He has the hypothetical talent but as it's been said, there are just too many mouths to feed.

That being said, it would be smart for the Chargers to shop Tyrell out to other teams (9ers, Bears, Hawks come to mind) and use the picks elsewhere.

He's a Keeper for me because I get him dirt cheap next year - he'll be my WR4-5. 

I'm not expecting much in 2018. Rivers hearts Allen - that's the only guy he'll feed as though he were the stud he is. Henry is going to get a good chunk of looks as well. 

I don't know what Tyrell's contract situation is but I imagine we see the status quo going into next year unless/until something happens. Maybe he gets traded - I'm not sure why the Chargers took him as high as they did since he was not a big need. Probably because of Allen's injury history, but Allen has now shown he can stay healthy for a whole season.

He will and probably should be undrafted in redraft leagues knowing what we know now. 

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

He's a Keeper for me because I get him dirt cheap next year - he'll be my WR4-5. 

I'm not expecting much in 2018. Rivers hearts Allen - that's the only guy he'll feed as though he were the stud he is. Henry is going to get a good chunk of looks as well. 

I don't know what Tyrell's contract situation is but I imagine we see the status quo going into next year unless/until something happens. Maybe he gets traded - I'm not sure why the Chargers took him as high as they did since he was not a big need. Probably because of Allen's injury history, but Allen has now shown he can stay healthy for a whole season.

He will and probably should be undrafted in redraft leagues knowing what we know now. 

Tyrell is a RFA

Edited by Wild Thing
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I'm not high on him, but he will be drafted in redraft. To me, he's just a late round flier WR 4-5 and less valuable in PPR. The one big plus for him is that if Allen does get injured I think he'd be the clear top wideout in a solid offense, and with a good QB.

Rivers likes who he likes, and he avoids people he isn't comfortable with. A stellar preseason would change my mind, but without an injury to Allen I really can't see him hitting 1,000 yds or 8+ tds.

I’m still high on Mike Williams. He’s a top 10 pick who was injured and never got in sync last season. He’s got as high a ceiling as anyone in the game and is in a good offense with a good QB for 2018. I think he’s a guy you can get as your WR4 who has WR1 upside if he’s healthy, clicking with Rivers and Allen then goes down.

• 4 months later...

Biggest winner from the HHenry injury for sure.  2017 top 10 draft pick, who was injured to start the year and never really got it going.  Definitely an intriguing later round pick at this point.  A glowing TC or dominating preseason will obviously send his ADP skyrocketing.

9 hours ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Biggest winner from the HHenry injury for sure.  2017 top 10 draft pick, who was injured to start the year and never really got it going.  Definitely an intriguing later round pick at this point.  A glowing TC or dominating preseason will obviously send his ADP skyrocketing.

Wrong Williams ;)

11 hours ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Agree with this evaluation of Mike Williams. I have him as an 8th round keeper. I’m not taking last year into his ranking this year. I truly believe his back injury and lack of time with Rivers negatively effected his performance. Especially with Hunter Henry’s absence there will be more red zone targets for a big bodied 6’ 3” target. 

13 hours ago, J.T. Marlin said:

+1  An entire healthy offseason to build rapport with Rivers.  You know the CS has been dying to get him involved in a bigger way.  We know what kind of pedigree this kid has, and he's got one of the more accurate QB's in the league.  He'll be a sneaky good pick.

12 hours ago, kdko said:

+1  An entire healthy offseason to build rapport with Rivers.  You know the CS has been dying to get him involved in a bigger way.  We know what kind of pedigree this kid has, and he's got one of the more accurate QB's in the league.  He'll be a sneaky good pick.

Has rivers ever concurrently supported 2 fantasy relevant  wr's?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dashoe said:

I can't find a year in which i'd say he's had two strong fantasy WR's........but he's had years where one WR plus Gates both went huge.   Whatever that's worth.  There's likely not going to be a volume TE in 2018 so there's targets to be had.   If Mike Williams is dirt cheap, you can do worse as a low cost hail mary

• Like 2

Has he ever had 2 relevant receivers on his team?

44 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I can't find a year in which i'd say he's had two strong fantasy WR's........but he's had years where one WR plus Gates both went huge.   Whatever that's worth.  There's likely not going to be a volume TE in 2018 so there's targets to be had.   If Mike Williams is dirt cheap, you can do worse as a low cost hail mary

Yeah, VJax & Gates had simultaneous good seasons together 2008 (VJax WR19, AG TE4), 2009 (VJax WR13, AG TE3), 2011 (VJax WR11, AG TE7).  With the loss of HHenry, I think Rivers can certainly support another fantasy relevant receiver in addition to KAllen.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, kdko said:

Has he ever had 2 relevant receivers on his team?

I don't know I never really followed their wr group aside from buying into the tyrell hype last peseason

Fade Mike Williams until he proves he's not a less athletic Kevin White.

If Williams can stay healthy he profiles as a player who will need to be funneled red zone targets to be productive. Keenan Allen is going to be a ball hog in between the 20's, and Tyrell Williams is criminally underrated. Unlike Mike, Tyrell has already proven he can be productive with NFL targets. It just makes no sense why the Chargers ever took Mike considering what they already had on the roster. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, dashoe said:

I don't know I never really followed their wr group aside from buying into the tyrell hype last peseason

Man, I was screaming at the top of my lungs don't draft him :(  He was the product of scarcity the year before, nothing else.  Used to be a Chargers fan, and the best Rivers has ever had was one decent-solid WR, and Gates.  Even thinking back as hard as i can, it's still hard to remember his good receivers.  He makes scrubs like Tyrell look good.  Was V-Jax, then Floyd (lol), and Allen.  Journeymen like Eddie Royal and Benjamin made little spashes too.  If Williams lives up to the billing, having him alongside Allen will be the best receiving corps Rivers has had.  Sadly HH can't be a part of it as well.

• Like 1