Mike Williams 2018 Outlook

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly tried clicking on Chapter One 

It’s hard for me to understand anything you wrote, but I believe we are both fans of mike Williams this week and going forward.

Free Willy!!

Posted Images

13 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this right here. 

but the flipside is that one hopes BMW does damage early and often ... now, also factor in that KA sat yesterday, and we may have something special brewing. 

oh, and IN BEFORE "VETERAN MAINTENANCE FOR KEENAN ZOMG!!!1!1!!1" (ok? i get it)  

this kid is getting a whooooole lot more interesting wif each passing week, amirite?

It’s hard for me to understand anything you wrote, but I believe we are both fans of mike Williams this week and going forward.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, patsspytech said:

Lol, my thoughts exactly 

• Thanks 1

What do you guys see as a likely game script here? Allen is active, so it's not like Williams is the default WR1 in LA this week. And with JimmyG out, Breida and Morris banged up, I think getting ANYTHING on offense is going to be tough sledding for SF.

I'm predicting big games for Gordon/Ekeler, and possibly not enough targets to go around for Allen/Williams/Williams to support them.

The opposite take is that the Chargers will spend a lot of the day in SF territory, so maybe there might be a lot of TDs to go around even if there's not huge yardage from the WR corps...

What do you guys think?

19 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

What do you guys see as a likely game script here? Allen is active, so it's not like Williams is the default WR1 in LA this week. And with JimmyG out, Breida and Morris banged up, I think getting ANYTHING on offense is going to be tough sledding for SF.

I'm predicting big games for Gordon/Ekeler, and possibly not enough targets to go around for Allen/Williams/Williams to support them.

The opposite take is that the Chargers will spend a lot of the day in SF territory, so maybe there might be a lot of TDs to go around even if there's not huge yardage from the WR corps...

What do you guys think?

i see ekeler/gordon having big games, but i think game script helps Williams, if its a blow out theyll probably take out Allen earlier and give both Williams the snaps

1 hour ago, bwarbiany said:

What do you guys think?

Did some research on top two running backs from each team that has faced 49ers so far.

WK1 Vikings:

Cook/Murray - 27 carries 82 yards 0 TDs

WK2 Lions

Jonson/Blount - 16 carries 81 yards 0 TDs

WK3 Chiefs

Hunt/Ware - 19 carries 45 yards 2 TDs (both TD's were 1 yard plunges)

Totals - 62 carries 208 yards (3.36/carry) 2 TD's

only 69.3 rushings yards to the top two backs per game

49ers have allowed the 8th most passing yards and have allowed 5 TD's to WR's

Even if/when SF falls way behind there will be plenty of 3rd downs. They are healthy against the run and will be without Sherman in the secondary. To me this is going to be a typical Rivers game 250-350 yards and 2 to 3 TD's. I'm starting Williams as a flex unless I have a much better option. I think there is plenty to go around in this one. 

Edited by cowan_j2012
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, bwarbiany said:

What do you guys think?

The only way to train M. Will (Their High pick) is to throw him as much as possible during real-time gameplay.  Minimum 5 targets, multiple looks in the End Zone.  I respect SF's run def. than their pass def, specially with R. Sherman not guiding the secondary.

19 minutes ago, Lockout King said:

The only way to train M. Will (Their High pick) is to throw him as much as possible during real-time gameplay.  Minimum 5 targets, multiple looks in the End Zone.  I respect SF's run def. than their pass def, specially with R. Sherman not guiding the secondary.

TBenji due back today, as well ... now, i absolutely know BMW is better than TWill and Benji, but they do take snaps away from the kid ... Benji takes the top off, and TWill may be better in blocking at this stage of the game. 

no denying BMW's talent, and his trajectory thus far this season has been steeper than most of us were hoping for - arrow is pointing straight up - but he's gotta overtake TWill for starter's snaps soon ... then we get to see the beast fully unleashed.  

most of us took him very late (13th rd for me), so we have the luxury of watching this marinate, though he is certainly worth a start for those who need the upside right away ... oh, and if he is somehow still dangling on waivers anywhere? run, don't walk ...

will be on many 'chip rosters this year ... glad to have him. 

Brees, Mike Williams, Fournette... I guess it's one of those kind of days

Disappointed with the lack of targets for Williams today, and game script was in his favor today surprisingly. Don't want to overreact or anything, but it's looking like he's an upside WR3 ROS. Not bad at all for the price if you think about it, but would like to see him more involved on a consistent basis. 

So frustrating....so frustrating. The guy has a TD and/or 80 yards in every game this season, scored double digits in every PPR game this season and you finally start him and the guy gets one damn catch.

• Like 1