Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Williams 2018 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly tried clicking on Chapter One 

It’s hard for me to understand anything you wrote, but I believe we are both fans of mike Williams this week and going forward.

Free Willy!!

Posted Images

And, obviously, Rivers loves to look for Mike Williams in the red zone.  Next year gets complicated, though.  Keenan Allen will be back, and Hunter Henry should return to form as his acl recovery is apparently going well.

 

Maybe Williams will be a good pick for best-ball and touchdown heavy leagues.

 

Now the real question: is Baltimore going to be able to stop this cat next week?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2018 at 1:22 AM, nimzox said:

Just a gut feeling, but I think this guy is gonna have some nice stats the next few games. If he does, could really help some owners during ff playoffs.

 

On 14/12/2018 at 6:12 AM, nimzox said:

I'm starting him tonight.  This guy has all the talent, just needs to get a lot more targets. If Rivers decides to go his way often, I could see him having a big game. Good luck to all of the rest of you who are starting him tonight!

 

Gotta give you credit.

 

Allen's injury helped, but kudos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 5:27 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

And, obviously, Rivers loves to look for Mike Williams in the red zone.  Next year gets complicated, though.  Keenan Allen will be back, and Hunter Henry should return to form as his acl recovery is apparently going well.

 

Rivers is going to be the best pick of the LAC offense next year with all those weapons, including Gordon & Ekeler. I would consider Williams a solid fantasy WR2/3 next year, with a ton of upside. And if (when) Allen gets hurt again, Williams is a no-doubt fantasy WR1.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm making a huge push for him this week as an Allen owner.  If Allen is good to go then nothing to worry about, but if Allen sits I think this kid puts up similar numbers to what Allen would normally do.   I know it's a tough matchup against the Ravens, but Evans went over 100 yards this past week so it's possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Rivers is going to be the best pick of the LAC offense next year with all those weapons, including Gordon & Ekeler. I would consider Williams a solid fantasy WR2/3 next year, with a ton of upside. And if (when) Allen gets hurt again, Williams is a no-doubt fantasy WR1.

 

Umm are you a time traveler?  Thats exactly why Rivers was a sleeper/stud potential going into THIS year.   

 

This has been PRivers career year and he is a legit MVP candidate.  I don't know if he is able to repeat the magic he's had this year, a big part of it has been his offensive line and the dominance of his skill players.  Dude has weapons galore this year, no idea if everyone returns next year in terms of contracts.  If Mike Williams gets an elevated role though, LOOK OUT, Rivers loves him. 

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

Umm are you a time traveler?  Thats exactly why Rivers was a sleeper/stud potential going into THIS year.   

 

This has been PRivers career year and he is a legit MVP candidate.  I don't know if he is able to repeat the magic he's had this year, a big part of it has been his offensive line and the dominance of his skill players.  Dude has weapons galore this year, no idea if everyone returns next year in terms of contracts.  If Mike Williams gets an elevated role though, LOOK OUT, Rivers loves him. 

Rivers has been more efficient this year, no doubt. It definitely helps as the o-line continues to improve. I thought he’d be a solid QB1 this year as he always is, but his weapons will be so much better next year with a healthy Henry & MWilliams finally passing TWilliams on the depth chart. The Chargers could seriously go back to “Air Coryell” offense dominance next year

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Rivers has been more efficient this year, no doubt. It definitely helps as the o-line continues to improve. I thought he’d be a solid QB1 this year as he always is, but his weapons will be so much better next year with a healthy Henry & MWilliams finally passing TWilliams on the depth chart. The Chargers could seriously go back to “Air Coryell” offense dominance next year

 

Again, you are basically talking about this year.  Look at River's yearly YPA and then look at this year.  Everything has worked right for the Chargers' O this year, it has felt like the long bombs have mostly connected for TDs where in recent years past they haven't.   The Mike Williams train for sure leaves the station next year but I would be hesitant at paying a high 3rd round 4th round price if Tyrell and KA with the running game all back next year.  Big Mike will still be a rotational player as long as all 3 are in the mix cept now you are paying around Stefon Diggs / Amari Cooper price for him.    People will draft M Williams with a top 20 WR pick next year after this playoff game he had last week, almost certain. 

Edited by Zak0221
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr White said:

There's no chance he goes that high. He wasn't even close this year. He has another disappointing year under his belt with more competition for targets next year.

 

He prob won't go 3rd round but very likely he will be a consideration for owners who want upside after the first 15 WR fly off the board.  Williams will very likely take a 4th - 6th round pick next year depending on your draft set up and at auction he will cost a lot more  than  the $1 price which all the savy owners scooped him up as a last pick this year.  It will be his third season, everyone knows thats the year a WR breaks out and this dude is 6 4 with wheels on a pass happy O with a vet QB.

 

He will be gone fast next year.  Like Gordon this year, people will draft him with WR2 expectations.  Golden Tate for example was drafted as a top 25 WR and he has fallen off the map.  Lots of guys are replacing the holes in the draft next year as people will gun for RB heavy early and upside WR middle round. 

Edited by Zak0221
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

Again, you are basically talking about this year.  Look at River's yearly YPA and then look at this year.  Everything has worked right for the Chargers' O this year, it has felt like the long bombs have mostly connected for TDs where in recent years past they haven't.   The Mike Williams train for sure leaves the station next year but I would be hesitant at paying a high 3rd round 4th round price if Tyrell and KA with the running game all back next year.  Big Mike will still be a rotational player as long as all 3 are in the mix cept now you are paying around Stefon Diggs / Amari Cooper price for him.    People will draft M Williams with a top 20 WR pick next year after this playoff game he had last week, almost certain. 

No, I actually think the Chargers offense will be even better next year. BMW & HH are huge upgrades over TWill, Old Man Gates & Virgil Green. I could see Rivers supporting 2 1,000 yd WR’s & a 800 yd TE with 25 TD’s between just those 3. 

BMW will probably go around 5th round ($18 in auction) simply because the preseason hype will be huge. The earlier you draft the cheaper he will be

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

No, I actually think the Chargers offense will be even better next year. BMW & HH are huge upgrades over TWill, Old Man Gates & Virgil Green. I could see Rivers supporting 2 1,000 yd WR’s & a 800 yd TE with 25 TD’s between just those 3. 

BMW will probably go around 5th round ($18 in auction) simply because the preseason hype will be huge. The earlier you draft the cheaper he will be

One more big game in the next two, and Williams is going to be a late second round or early third round pick.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

One more big game in the next two, and Williams is going to be a late second round or early third round pick.

I sure hope not. Want him to save the blowup AFTER I get him 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Baltimore pass D is over rated.  They have only faced 2 top QBs all season - Brees & Mahomes and both threw for multiple scores.  I don’t count Ben since that’s divisional and always a slug fest.

 

Rivers at home, prime time, & must win will have a big game.  Especially with Gordon maybe not 100%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...