NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Williams 2018 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Texansfan said:

Baltimore pass D is over rated.  They have only faced 2 top QBs all season - Brees & Mahomes and both threw for multiple scores.  I don’t count Ben since that’s divisional and always a slug fest.

Rivers at home, prime time, & must win will have a big game.  Especially with Gordon maybe not 100%.

At home doesn't mean anything for the Chargers. Probably more Ravens fans than Chargers :P I couldn't grab him of the waiver, someone still had some FAAB left....I would play him if Allen is out. Otherwise I would prefer other options. 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly tried clicking on Chapter One 

It’s hard for me to understand anything you wrote, but I believe we are both fans of mike Williams this week and going forward.

Free Willy!!

Posted Images

22 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Are we sure this guy when produced without Keenan? What if Tyrell Williams is the main beneficiary here?

Tyrell had a few bad drops last game and Mike came down with everything that was thrown to him.  If that doesn't gain the trust of Rivers I'm not sure what will.  Mike Williams was clearly the better WR last game.  If Allen is out I'm rolling Williams 100% even with the "tough" matchup.  Personally, I'm with some of the others in here that feel that Baltimore's secondary is overrated.  Mahomes dropped nearly 400 yards on them a couple of weeks ago and Hill put up nearly 140 yards in that game.  I think if Rivers decides to go aerial that Mike will benefit more than any other WR not named Keenan Allen.  If Keenan Allen goes that becomes a tougher call.

43 minutes ago, cizastro said:

Tyrell had a few bad drops last game and Mike came down with everything that was thrown to him.  If that doesn't gain the trust of Rivers I'm not sure what will.  Mike Williams was clearly the better WR last game.  If Allen is out I'm rolling Williams 100% even with the "tough" matchup.  Personally, I'm with some of the others in here that feel that Baltimore's secondary is overrated.  Mahomes dropped nearly 400 yards on them a couple of weeks ago and Hill put up nearly 140 yards in that game.  I think if Rivers decides to go aerial that Mike will benefit more than any other WR not named Keenan Allen.  If Keenan Allen goes that becomes a tougher call.

Baltimore has kept 3 of their last 4 opponents Qb's under 200 yards and under 10 fantasy points, one being Matt Ryan @ Atlanta.  This game has serious fantasy dud potential.

2 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Baltimore has kept 3 of their last 4 opponents Qb's under 200 yards and under 10 fantasy points, one being Matt Ryan @ Atlanta.  This game has serious fantasy dud potential.

It's very possible he lays a dud.  But I like a Chargers team fighting for a first round bye at home.  If Gordon comes back this week that is even more beneficial to the Chargers as his presence should stretch out the defense more and open things up for the WR's.  I definitely don't see it as a cake matchup, but I think it's one that Rivers can do well in.  He just went into a hostile KC and performed admirably so I don't think it's out of reason to think he couldn't do well in a big home game for them.  Time will tell, at this point I just want to know if Allen is going to be playing or not.

2 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

But 2 of those were against Oak/Carr and TB/Jameis.  LAC offense is definitely closer to the Chiefs caliber than those two.  Not saying Rivers won’t lay an egg (which can definitely happen), but I feel like you have to roll with him.  If he gets into a rhythm, it could be very bountiful.

3 hours ago, potatoetree said:

Allen is practicing. There's alot of risk with Allen being used as a decoy, or just a more fair distribution of targets as Rivers tries to navigate this Ravens secondary.

Mike Williams is probably the "safest" of the WR for this week.

Mike Williams is the exact opposite of safe lol even if Allen sits. Been boom or bust all year

Honestly vs a better secondary, Keenan Allen suiting up might not be a bad thing for Mike Williams. Less defensive attention coming his way, and we all know Philip knows he can trust this guy at this point. If anything, it would mean that the defense cant funnel too much attention solely on Williams if Keenan and Melvin Gordon are both back. I wouldnt be surprised to see Rivers look his way in the endzone or on 3rd downs. The guy is big, athletic, and has good hands. He's proven himself reliable nearly every time Rivers has called his number this year.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, potatoetree said:

I said this week lol. It all comes down to this final championship week.

I know lol hes still boom or bust for the championship too. Going off of how hes been all year. Not gonna let one game change it for me. I've also been burned by him twice so theres that

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

Anyone starting Big Mike today? And if so who are you starting him over?

He was gonna be my replacement for JuJu but now with JuJus tweet I might leave him on the bench.... He seems to be catching fire at the right time. Tempted to start him even in a tough match up 

1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

I am starting Big Mike Williams.  He's in there ahead of DJ Moore and Robert Foster for my majik foosball squad.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am starting Big Mike Williams.  He's in there ahead of DJ Moore and Robert Foster for my majik foosball squad.

Yes he should be started over guys like this, but this is right in his range, tough matchup with Keenan expected back. Temper expectations.

18 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Theres a new sheriff in town.  Keenan banged up....not much chance the Chargers can just pound the ball....and the Ravens have given up some decent games to WRs.   

If the Chargers are to get the W,  I think Mike will get loose for at least one big score.    He’s absolutely starting for my team.    And next season....watch out for this guy

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, cbsholy said:

I might be starting him over Landry. I just worry about the Ravens controlling TOP if the Chargers cant stop the run.